Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: In The Pocket
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm 

Heard the term “pockets of racism” that still exist in the country. With that in mind which pocket would best describe our own little corner of the state, Lake County? Are we: front right; front left; back right; back left or...watch pocket for those that prefer jeans?

Post subject: Re: In The Pocket
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 pm 

Wow, if you go by the conversations on this site, I would have to say back left. Then again, not all people are as extremist as Geronimo or any of the other ethnic yeehaws trying to reason their way of thinking. Anyway, it is my reasoning that it is not an issue of color anymore, but an issue of attitude.

I was upset that the African American activists want to change history to include their forefathers in founding this country even when we all know that would be fabricating history. The activists can't be thankful for the fact that they are still in this country rather than in Liberia with the descendents of those who chose to go back to Africa once slavery was abolished. There are those who relish in the FACT that African American culture is making a mark on our society. Chuckee Cheese plays pop music for the kids, an African American candidate for president, the beautiful array of color in sports and entertainment, etc. The activists who won't admit it are not out for equal treatment. I believe that they want to lower the status of the caucasion race. They have been given a better country to live in, yet they still want to complain. Sounds awful ungrateful to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 pm 

new.resident wrote:
Wow, if you go by the conversations on this site, I would have to say back left. Then again, not all people are as extremist as Geronimo or any of the other ethnic yeehaws trying to reason their way of thinking. Anyway, it is my reasoning that it is not an issue of color anymore, but an issue of attitude.

I was upset that the African American activists want to change history to include their forefathers in founding this country even when we all know that would be fabricating history. The activists can't be thankful for the fact that they are still in this country rather than in Liberia with the descendents of those who chose to go back to Africa once slavery was abolished. There are those who relish in the FACT that African American culture is making a mark on our society. Chuckee Cheese plays pop music for the kids, an African American candidate for president, the beautiful array of color in sports and entertainment, etc. The activists who won't admit it are not out for equal treatment. I believe that they want to lower the status of the caucasion race. They have been given a better country to live in, yet they still want to complain. Sounds awful ungrateful to me.

Not that you need my approval, but I really like the way you write, very educated no doubt! Nothing more needs to be said and you leave NO argument!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 am 

Well, thankin' you. Yes, it is important to me that my peers approve. I am a concerned citizen. I am out for what is best for all. I am German. I take offense to negative comments like any other. It is just that I handle it differently. I am a writer. I write from the heart, not the attitude part of my brain. I am a Christian; God saw what He created as "very good", so who am I to argue. I don't like extremism of any kind. There is a balance, and more people need to try harder to get there. I am very tired of fighting. You would think that others would realize that they can prevent a lot of their tension with their mind rather than a pill from a doctor. Being anonymous on a site does not prevent the truth from catching up with you. The truth don't care what ethnicity you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:23 am 

These boards would not be any fun if I agreed with you !

So many people are/keep putting words in my mouth.

I understand your need for a foe.

I fit the billing and many of you are retards!

I have more White friends than the most of you simpltons do!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:11 am 

So, now it begins.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:59 am 

I don't look for a foe. There are plenty of people like you out there. It doesn't matter how someone approaches you about your opinion. If they disagree with you, you will become hostile. Seems to me that you are the one who is picking the fight. I look for good, mature conversation to enjoy; not what you are offering, so I thought maybe someone could throw some true reasoning your way. But hence, you are hostile anyway.

By the way, I would not say that with your attitude you have many white [i]friends[/i]. I would say that they are [i]acquaintences[/i]. You don't seem considerate enough to have a friend in a group of people whom you despise so much that is obvious in everything I have seen you present on this site.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
These boards would not be any fun if I agreed with you !

So being a racist and making racist remarks is "fun" for you?

Geronimo wrote:
So many people are/keep putting words in my mouth.

Hey "G", this is a message board..... I guess people are messing with your keyboard? Or are you referring to the "people" in your head?

Geronimo wrote:
I understand your need for a foe.

"Foe", yes that would clearly describe you, but "being in need of you", probably not.

Geronimo wrote:
I fit the billing and many of you are retards!

Because we are white? "The man"? Yes "G", you are right and everyone else is wrong!

Geronimo wrote:
I have more White friends than the most of you simpltons do!

Yeah, having a friend like you, who needs enemies.. Every racist uses that line, it's easy just change the color.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:08 am 

I watched "Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith portraying Chris Gardner lastnight, and I had a thought. I believe that I can relate to that story about that man more than someone with the mentality of Geronimo. Here is why:

It is a struggle everyday to be successful regardless of your color. That story was depicted with very little to no reference about his struggle as an African American man. It was his struggle as an American. There was opportunity and he did what he had to do to Git 'R Done. It is one of the few story lines about African Americans that I can fully appreciate, and it is for the reason that it is told from a true and realistic standpoint. We are all subject to ridicule and biased opinions. An old saying, 'It is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you handle it.'

Just a thought.