Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Liberty Harbor Soon To Be Built In Gary
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:57 pm 

The community needs to use imminent domain to strip the city of Gary of land donated to it by U. S. Steel to build Liberty Island and a national park.

Lake County needs something like navy pier and the city of Gary is not developing valuable real estate the City of Gary is the only city on the lake that did not use it's money the state offered to build a public access fishing pier. The money that comes with the statue could be used as the matching money but some type of deal has to be drawn up so the department of interior and the region can play a role in developing the park and it should be up under the jurisdiction of the region.

I like to fish and the water give us something that does not close at sundown !

The money comes from taxes on fishing equipment and boats so before you nay sayers get going its tax dollars that are sitting there that the city of Gary can't get because the city needs the matching dollars.

Who ever is awarded the statue Gets 7 million dollars.

Statue of Liberty replica nears return to region

At least four or five places in Northwest Indiana are ready to take her in, said BerylMartin spokesman James Ward III, and the agency will donate the between $6 million and $9 million statue to the lucky recipient.

http://www.post-trib.com/news/1077289,statue.article

http://www.prlog.org/10093986-the-new-lady-liberty.html

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/ ... 808796.txt

Post subject: Re: Liberty Harbor Soon To Be Built In Gary
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:59 pm 
Banned

Well, that's a start, but include fishing permits....yes, Clay should wake up, and spend the money on that, instead of stringing lights on the Sheraton. Who the hell would go there anyway, but prostitutes?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:23 pm 

Dude, that statue would be tagged the second the statue was opened to the public

Look how long the renovated and cleaned up beaches in Gary lasted before the thugs came out and ruined those.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 am 

mike3775 wrote:
Dude, that statue would be tagged the second the statue was opened to the public

Look how long the renovated and cleaned up beaches in Gary lasted before the thugs came out and ruined those.

I appreciate your opinion.

But when have you been in Gary and what are you talking about?

Black people use to go to the beach.

You don't understand who you are addressing Black people are nocturnal and for the most part have dry skin and have no love for the beach or the sun.

Where do you get your information?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:24 am 

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/08/05/news ... ogcomments

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

I appreciate your opinion.

But when have you been in Gary and what are you talking about?

Black people use to go to the beach.

You don't understand who you are addressing Black people are nocturnal and for the most part have dry skin and have no love for the beach or the sun.

Where do you get your information?

Where did I ever mention blacks?

Amazing how you assumed I was referring to blacks when I never once mentioned blacks.

So is saying "Thugs" now mean "black" in street talk?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 pm 

Why is Geronimo so bent out of shape over a free Statue of Liberty replica in another city? :roll:

Picking up the slack for Freetime, I guess. :P

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 pm 

A joke a week this will be the lampoon of the region.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:21 pm 

Dammed commies! :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:47 pm 

Boy am I glad Gary did not get that albatros

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm 

From the AP

Today Congressman peter Visclosky and a delegation from Hammond (Mr Haney and Arnold) left for Washington to get the Hammond statue of Liberty recognized as a national monument .

The city of Hammond Indiana wants the office of Homeland security to protect the statue from Latin street gangs coming from the Illinois side in speed boats attacking the statue launching homemade missiles hitting it with paint.

The city of Hammond wants to erect a barrier to keep the riff Raff from coming from the Illinois side of the lake.

The Hammond Port Authority also wants federal funding to buy a used tour boat from the city of Chicago.

The City of Hammond is also trying to make it a federal crime for defacing the statue and have 5 Hammond high school students in custody for tunneling under the barb wire field and using climbing tools to climbs to the top after Hammond Morton won the Indiana state Basketball Championship and spray painted Morton #1 across the Face of the statue.

The statue has attracted all sorts of kooks from around the world scaling it and attacking it and congressman Visclosky has assured his constituents he would not rest until the statue was up under the protection of Homeland security.

Last edited by Geronimo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
Boy am I glad Gary did not get that albatros

Apparently. But you sure seem to complain enough about somebody else who's glad to get it! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm 

Tell me how Glad Hammond residents will be after the city has around the clock police protection for the statue but not for the seniors getting robbed and car jacked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:17 am 

I'm awaiting my apology Geronimo.

you basically called me a racist with your post saying I was talking down to blacks when I said thugs, now where is my apology?

and you know damn well Clay tried to get that statue(which I think is a stupid piece of s*** myself, and any city with it is wasting time and money on the damn piece of s***) so that he could put it in the courtyard of the sheraton, or maybe even at the new jackson museum he wants to build

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
Tell me how Glad Hammond residents will be after the city has around the clock police protection for the statue but not for the seniors getting robbed and car jacked.

So what's wrong with protecting an old woman in a city park? :D