Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Volunteers needed to help tornado cleanup in Griffith
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:02 pm 

Anyone wishing to volunteer some of their time helping residents clean-up from the tornado can do so on Saturday, August 9.Here is the link for the story in the Times.http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2008/08/08/updates/breaking_news/doc489cb76c55229653537544.txt The restore and warehouse for Habitat for Humanity in Griffith also suffered major damage and I'm sure they are in need of donations in order to continue to do their good work.
http://nwi.com/articles/2008/08/08/news/lake_county/doc12138d058c93d6fa8625749f0007e70d.txt

Last edited by sparks on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Volunteers needed to help tornado cleanup in Griffith
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:51 pm 
Banned

Today is 08-08-08. Tomorrow, Sparks, is the ninth. Please correct that...you said Saturday the 10th...Unless you meant Sunday?

No pun intended, just a note to you.

I did read about all those stories....and it's really nice you brought that up. If I wasn't under the weather, I'd be there. (Lung-wise).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:05 pm 

How about putting all the Cal Township freeloaders who sponge off poor little Griffith on cleanup detail...I say roust their collective lazy ass up before noon for once and send them out them to work....

Do they even know what work is?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:28 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
How about putting all the Cal Township freeloaders who sponge off poor little Griffith on cleanup detail...I say roust their collective lazy ass up before noon for once and send them out them to work....

Do they even know what work is?

So,they have something in common with you then,laziness? When was the last time you volunteered to do anything besides plop your fat a$$ on a Harley and disturb the peace?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 am 

sparks wrote:
So,they have something in common with you then,laziness? When was the last time you volunteered to do anything besides plop your fat a$$ on a Harley and disturb the peace?

I've defended (VOLUNTEERED) my country in uniform for 4 years and worked for 30 some more (without EVER going on strike and WITHOUT EVER seeing an unemployment check I might add), ....I did it all on my own too through good times and bad...I've volunteered quite a bit of my time to Veterans,...(especially for veterans) ...I've done (skilled) volunteer work with Special Olympics, raised money for March of Dimes, Children in Hospitals and benefits with my Harley brothers too mumerous to mention......just to name a few....

...so I believe I've earned the right to a little laziness now and then...unlike union hacks such as yourself who think they deserve it...

So shut your fu!*ing holier than thou piehole....I thought I'd seen the last of your sorry a$$...

However it is nice to see we agree the welfare parasites (and I'm talking about the 3rd and 4th generation ones who make a living at it) ARE lazy slobs never having earned a damn thing in their lives...I don't see the problem with them having to earn the free money (your tax dollars and mine) they get in the mail every month...