Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Beware Lake Counrty!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 am 

You just KNEW it had to be there.

THat little connection. NO big contract gets approved in Lake County unless an insider is right in the middle of it.

The Post-Tribune has a story today about the latest fast one being attempted by the Lake County Solid Waste Management District. It turns out that Mike Pannos is an investor in a company seeking a huge, 20-year trash contract with Lake County.

I hope the board votes ths turkey down Thursday when it meets. The waste district is already paying off a previous multi-million dollar fiasco of a landfill contract it bungled.

I'll be interested to see how Hammond's mayor votes on this thing.
Here's the Post-Tribune story:

http://www.post-trib.com/news/1116536,lcethanol.article

Post subject: Re: Beware Lake Counrty!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:20 pm 

Remember the old saying?....One man's trash is another man's treasure....

Except in Lake County where it appears EVERYONES TRASH is one man's pot-o-gold!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:22 pm 

Wait, wait, wait! I thought Freetime said we would save money by privatizing trash. Now she says the citizens would get ripped off. Which is it? :shock:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:50 pm 

I said privatize trash COLLECTION. I still think that might be a good idea for Hammond. Only by seeking bids will the city find out what kind of price can be obtained, and how it compares to the true, total cost of running it through the HSD.
The trash-to-ethanol plant might be a good idea too, somewhere. but I don't trust the Lake County Solid Waste Management District with anything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:57 pm 

Why not put and ethanol plant here in the Tucky!!!!
We have easy access to 41
We have corn
We are minutes from the Illinois border.
We need good paying jobs
Us billys can brew ya' up a batch of corn squeezins'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:29 pm 

freetime wrote:
I said privatize trash COLLECTION. I still think that might be a good idea for Hammond. Only by seeking bids will the city find out what kind of price can be obtained, and how it compares to the true, total cost of running it through the HSD.
The trash-to-ethanol plant might be a good idea too, somewhere. but I don't trust the Lake County Solid Waste Management District with anything.

LMAO

So privatization is needed for city collection but waste management must be done by COUNTY patronage workers. I get it now. :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:00 am 

Jetsfan wrote:
We have corn
We need good paying jobs

Except that's NOT what they are talking about. They want to make ethanol from garbage.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:15 am 

Mirage wrote:
freetime wrote:

LMAO

So privatization is needed for city collection but waste management must be done by COUNTY patronage workers. I get it now. :lol:

I wonder which member of her family works for the county

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:11 pm 

freetime wrote:
Jetsfan wrote:
We have corn
We need good paying jobs

Except that's NOT what they are talking about. They want to make ethanol from garbage.

OMG! Do something productive with trash and help the environment at the same time? What on earth were they thinking?

:smt064

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 pm 

Brewin' up a batch of brew and
Brewin' up a batch of garbage
Are very, very simular.
Keep hearin' about all these high paying jobs down here
Never seen one
Co;umbia/ Highland 7.43am
2 Passengers get off
1 60's 1 about 3 yrs
Ditch that pariah
The fuel is more than the fare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:08 am 

Philip C. Genetos, cousin to Mike Pannos, a partner in the Indy law firm of Ice, Miller, Donadio & Ryan, provides counsel representing clients on single and multi-family housing, airports, industrial development, municipal gas utility, ports, and 501(c)(3) bonds.

Mr. Genetos joined Ice Miller in 1977, and is admitted to practice in the state of Indiana. He served as Managing Partner from 1995 to 2004.

Philip C. Genetos is a Founding Fellow and Director of the American College of Bond Counsel and provides counsel representing clients on single and multi-family housing, airports, industrial development, municipal gas utility, ports, and 501(c)(3) bonds. He was lead counsel for the Indianapolis Airport Authority, the City of Indianapolis, and the State of Indiana, in negotiations with United Airlines concerning the MOC-II Project and has served Indianapolis and Fort Wayne Airport Authorities as bond counsel since 1985. He has served as bond counsel to Citizens Gas & Coke Utility of Indianapolis for over 25 years including its gas prepayment financing in 2007. He has served as bond counsel to the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority since its inception in 1980 and to the Indiana Port Commission for over 25 years. Finally, he has served as bond counsel to Indiana's State Revolving Funds for municipal water and power projects since its inception in 1992. He also provides counsel on numerous other economic, airport, housing and port development projects.

Mr. Genetos is published in "The Indiana Business Takeover Act," 51 Indiana Law Journal 1076, 1976 and has written numerous articles for local newspapers on the use of tax exempt bonds and low income housing tax credits to finance low and moderate income multi-family housing. He was a draftsman of legislation for the Indiana Housing Finance Authority, Indiana Health Facilities Financing Authority, Indiana Bond Bank, and is or was bond counsel to each. He is also a frequent panelist at seminars hosted by the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL).

He was selected a Founding Fellow and is now director of the board of the American College of Bond Counsel. He is also a member of the Indiana State and Indianapolis Bar Associations; the American Bar Association; the National Association of Bond Lawyers; and the Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association. He is a Fellow, and Vice President of the Board, of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation. He is past Vice Chairman and Chairman of the Fundamentals of Municipal Bond Law seminar hosted by the NABL.

Philip Genetos was born in Gary, Indiana. He graduated, with distinction, from Cornell University where he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1974 and earned his Master of Business Administration from Indiana University School of Business in 1977. He holds a Juris Doctorate from the Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, where he graduated magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, in 1977. While attending law school, he was Articles Editor for the Indiana Law Journal.

This dude is a big leaguer. If he hasn't influence, nobody does.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 am 

mike3775 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
freetime wrote:

LMAO

I wonder which member of her family works for the county

What part of the following did you NOT understand?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 am 

Mirage wrote:
freetime wrote:

LMAO

Like I said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 pm 

Bury it and collect the methane to fuel publicly owned power plants and make NIPSCo loose money until they die.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:21 am 

If the end result is smirnoff 100 proof, I would be all for it.
Now find a way to make orange juice from something and we'll be there. :lol: