Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: I'm Fed Up with Sick Criminals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm 

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/0 ... 477057.txt

So is it really worth causing someone so much pain and suffering just because you are too stupid and lazy to get a job? Was the few bucks really worth it?

Sadder still, there have been a number of such reports even in the past month from all over. It's not a rare instance. Even newspaper carriers! :roll:

Worse yet, it sometimes seems to be rare anymore that even when apprehended just punishment will be forthcoming.

Hey, I would be willing to pay double my property taxes to pay for a lot more jail space if only the courts would keep such lowlife off the streets for the rest of their natural lives instead of a slap on the wrist and a little rehab.

There must be something that could be done other than have delivery drivers and newspaper carriers have to literally have someone ride shotgun with gun in hand. :evil:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: I'm Fed Up with Sick Criminals
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 am 

Like I was saying -

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/0 ... 06805b.txt

So this guy commits a murder and instead of being put to death at age 31 he was free to kill again, and reportedly did! :roll:

Well maybe there were extenuating circumstances?

He pleaded guilty to reckless homicide in 2003 after a murder charge was dismissed, according to court records. He was sentenced to seven years in prison, according to court records.

This is 2008 so after killing someone we know he was at least out in 5 years, probably less. :evil:

Yep. Loss of human life is getting pretty cheap around here when a killer gets out in no time but someone selling cocaine has even recently been given 30 years. :x

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 am 

Call it the Porter County syndrome Mirage

Remember a few years ago, a woman who was high on crack and weed and drunk on alcohol, ran over her own 2 yr old daughter(who was not in a car seat and was hanging out the car window)and killed her and got a whole 3 days in jail.

yep 3 days for driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and running over her kid.

Ever since, it seems the sentences have gotten shorter and shorter

And also remember, if you f*** and then kill a chicken, you get more time(10 yrs) than running over your own daughter while high and drunk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:44 pm 

Mirage wrote:
This is 2008 so after killing someone we know he was at least out in 5 years, probably less. :evil:

Yep. Loss of human life is getting pretty cheap around here when a killer gets out in no time but someone selling cocaine has even recently been given 30 years. :x
Mandatory minimums. Finally getting the idea? The entire drug war is a scam.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:57 am 

More accurately there's plenty of Federal dollars to fight illegal drugs but not enough to keep murders off the street, unless they happened to kill a cop - especially one making a drug bust. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am 

A very easy start would be for a mandatory 15 years behind bars if you used a gun to commit the crime.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 am 

Mirage wrote:
More accurately there's plenty of Federal dollars to fight illegal drugs but not enough to keep murders off the street, unless they happened to kill a cop - especially one making a drug bust. :roll:
Plenty of "federal" money? Gee, isn't that the same money they TAKE out of YOUR check every pay day? Only the truly indoctrinated believe that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:26 am 

I don't know so much about that but I often struggle with the notion of Federal mandates being imposed on states & cities. Far easier to oppose unfunded mandates, or under funded mandates as in the case at times with NCLB in the schools to cite one problem area.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 pm 

It's all part of the plan for the federal takeover. These guys are good, if you're a sucker which most Americans are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:22 pm 

Pssssss. They already took over.

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Pssssss. They already took over.

:wink:
(Shhh, I know it and you know it. Under "occupation" I'm listed as a rabble rouser, so I'm just doing my job.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm 

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 pm 

Mirage, I thought you were more fed up w/ the cops and their take home cars?

:pottytrain5: