Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: $100 Eviction Charge a Bad Idea
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:20 pm 

Mirage wrote:
There is a difference Maxx. In Hammond the collection expenses for trash are all a la carte. In the case of all the Sheriff's new proposed a la carte fees we already pay taxes for them. Now if he wants to remove all those costs from the property taxes and just go a la carte for everything I suppose that would be a different matter. :D

Someone mentioned charging the criminally accused for being arrested. It seems that's already going on, but I think shouldn't be. Booking fees are becoming more common and in Munster they charge you something like $25 (or is it $50) just for a copy of an accident report. :roll:

In Cal city they can even slap excessive fines on you for playing your radio too loud in your car before you ever see a judge or a courtroom, which is in addition to the expense of having your car towed and any penalties the judge may impose. That's just wrong. What? They couldn't just make that part of a minimum sentence if found guilty by a court? That actually scares me!

It is all once again becoming clear to me. Where do you people come up with this stuff and why are your lives so complicated. In my entire life (before I was a pig) and in my entire families lives I have never had so many dealings with "the law". You are b!tching about getting fined for playing your car stereo loud?? You should be, if you are that ignorant and inconsiderate you are a jackazz, I don't give a damn where you sit in life. Paying for crash reports?? You can buy ALL Indiana crash reports online for $12 and your insurance company will pay for it! Like I said, it's becoming clear to me once again..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 pm 

Mirage wrote:
In Cal city they can even slap excessive fines on you for playing your radio too loud in your car before you ever see a judge or a courtroom, which is in addition to the expense of having your car towed and any penalties the judge may impose. That's just wrong. What? They couldn't just make that part of a minimum sentence if found guilty by a court? That actually scares me!

How is it any different than getting a speeding ticket, or getting caught running a red light? What's wrong with living in a peaceful neighborhood? Why do I have to sacrifice my weekends because some punk has to blare the radio? What about my rights?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:24 pm 

Lucie wrote:
Mirage: I wish they would fine that little SOB who lives in my neighborhood and blares his stereo in his car so loud that my house vibrates. Or for him installing speakers in his friends cars from his garage and then they all start playing their radios. If you don't mind the noise, I'll be glad to send them to your neighborhood.

Oh but Lucie I'm sorry, Mirage and Max don't feel this is fair! Or maybe we should just sit little Johnny down and explain to him how unfair he is being to the people around him? Oh, no never mind according to Max this is his constitutional right! Sorry Lucie, the police are busy serving civil evictions for slumlords and doing other civil work that the taxpayers have been burdened with the expense of!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:35 pm 

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Mirage wrote:

How is it any different than getting a speeding ticket, or getting caught running a red light? What's wrong with living in a peaceful neighborhood? Why do I have to sacrifice my weekends because some punk has to blare the radio? What about my rights?

According to Mirage and Max you have no rights, unless you want to join their clubhouse and be a cop hater.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:41 pm 

Mirage wrote:

You know on a different note but still within the sheriff's budget authority I have been asking why Lake County isn't working out a deal with Porter County to house prisoners to ease overcrowding at the county jail but it seems like the sheriff and perhaps the council too are more committed to building a brand new building rather than accept an option that can be implemented overnight. Just another example of why I don't think these political hacks have the best interest of the people at heart. :evil:

Mirage wrote:
(In another post by Mirage, "I'm Fed Up With Sick Criminals")
So is it really worth causing someone so much pain and suffering just because you are too stupid and lazy to get a job? Was the few bucks really worth it?

Sadder still, there have been a number of such reports even in the past month from all over. It's not a rare instance. Even newspaper carriers!

Worse yet, it sometimes seems to be rare anymore that even when apprehended just punishment will be forthcoming.

Hey, I would be willing to pay double my property taxes to pay for a lot more jail space if only the courts would keep such lowlife off the streets for the rest of their natural lives instead of a slap on the wrist and a little rehab.

There must be something that could be done other than have delivery drivers and newspaper carriers have to literally have someone ride shotgun with gun in hand.

Seems Mirage is spending so much time speaking out of "both holes" that we can't commit to anything. So what is it Mirage, do you support the cause or not? Or do we only pick what, when and where you want action? Maybe you should have run for governor, or at least mayor?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:25 am 

Proud Pig wrote:
Mirage wrote:

You know on a different note but still within the sheriff's budget authority I have been asking why Lake County isn't working out a deal with Porter County to house prisoners to ease overcrowding at the county jail but it seems like the sheriff and perhaps the council too are more committed to building a brand new building rather than accept an option that can be implemented overnight. Just another example of why I don't think these political hacks have the best interest of the people at heart. :evil:

It's just so easy isn't it Mirage... So now it's the Sheriff's fault (I'm no fan of the Sheriff) that we need more jails because of all the criminals and the broken down justice system. So now we should drive out to Porter County to put people in jail? More criminals being housed by the taxpayers means more jails. Blame the legal system and the politicians, not the Sheriff. But it's easier for you to blame the front man isn't it. How about blame society, if people didn't break the law they wouldn't be in jail and you wouldn't have to pay for it, but that's life and in this ignorant society it's never going to change. You know if the police responded to all the abuse and comments made every day by you people, you'd all have something to complain about. I can just imagine you people in our shoe's trying to do a job that is impossible to do with all the great support by the armchair taxpayers.
Mirage, an honest question. Since I've been around on both boards I've noticed somehting about you. This is a straight forward question, can you give a straight answer.
What really is your problem with the Police?

With Max it's pretty simple, he's a common thug and a druggy who's had more run-ins with the police than he can recall. It's easier for him to b!tch and complain about the simple law than to follow it. You on the other hand I can't figure out because you tend to "ride the fence" a little.

My answer is I don't care to pay twice for the same government service.

Besides that I think this sheriff does not handle his budgets with all due diligence. But have you read me running down the HPD? No, you haven't. I'm sure you've read some praise though. But yes I have issues with the sheriff's dept, or more accurately with how the boss spends money and charges additional fees and mismanages the jail.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:38 am 

So everything is a giant conspiracy according to proud pig

All his response sme me laugh so hard I almost split in half

And here I though comdedy was a lost art form

I find it hard to believe proud pig believes what he types, but scary thing is, he does

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:47 am 

I don't see why $100 Eviction Charge is a Bad Idea. All the landlord has to do is attached the charge to the tenant when filing notice for back rent, or take it out of the security deposit. I rather pay the money, then have the slum tenant live one more minute under my roof.
Oh, and by the way if anyone of you wants to hear loud music that makes your house rattle send me your address and I'll pass it along to my SOB of a neighbor. I'm sure he and his friends would love to come in your subdivision and make your life a living HELL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:46 am 

Lucie wrote:
I don't see why $100 Eviction Charge is a Bad Idea. All the landlord has to do is attached the charge to the tenant when filing notice for back rent, or take it out of the security deposit. I rather pay the money, then have the slum tenant live one more minute under my roof.
Oh, and by the way if anyone of you wants to hear loud music that makes your house rattle send me your address and I'll pass it along to my SOB of a neighbor. I'm sure he and his friends would love to come in your subdivision and make your life a living HELL.

Yea right. Like most landlords ever see a dime of that back rent. Then there's the court costs. I think it's a good thing for both parties to have the cops there to keep order during the eviction process. Their time is already paid for in property taxes. As for your neighbor why don't you call the cops? Or are you afraid they'll want you to pay a fee to come out and measure sound levels? :P

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 pm 

I have called the police, unfortunately by the time they get here the stereos are turned off. The police say they can't do anything unless they hear the noise. I think they have a police scanner in their garage. But that is okay because one of these days they will get what is coming to them. And yes, I have talked to the mother but she thinks her son isn't doing anything wrong. I think she is afraid of him and her husband.

Eviction notices are delivered by the Sheriffs Department not local police. So the money goes to the Sheriffs Department. I still don't see any problem with paying the fee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:34 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
So everything is a giant conspiracy according to proud pig

All his response sme me laugh so hard I almost split in half

And here I though comdedy was a lost art form

I find it hard to believe proud pig believes what he types, but scary thing is, he does

Actually I do believe what I say and stand behind it.. This was a GREAT response there Mike, I'm impressed! So much for having an intelligent "discussion" w/ divided opinions. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:36 pm 

Lucie wrote:
I have called the police, unfortunately by the time they get here the stereos are turned off. The police say they can't do anything unless they hear the noise. I think they have a police scanner in their garage. But that is okay because one of these days they will get what is coming to them. And yes, I have talked to the mother but she thinks her son isn't doing anything wrong. I think she is afraid of him and her husband.

Eviction notices are delivered by the Sheriffs Department not local police. So the money goes to the Sheriffs Department. I still don't see any problem with paying the fee.

Yes Lucie the police do have to hear it, same with any type of infraction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:41 pm 

Mirage wrote:

Yea right. Like most landlords ever see a dime of that back rent. Then there's the court costs. I think it's a good thing for both parties to have the cops there to keep order during the eviction process. Their time is already paid for in property taxes. As for your neighbor why don't you call the cops? Or are you afraid they'll want you to pay a fee to come out and measure sound levels? :P

Obviously you rent. Are you a "slum lord" Mirage? I typed a great number of responses to you on this topic and so far I got no reply. I don't get how you feel this "civil service" is owed to you at the cost of the taxpayers. In one breath you want the Sheriff to cut cost and in another you want these types of costly services provided to a person in a PRIVATE business making a profit. In other words you want to utilize the police to strong arm your business problems. I don't care how it has been done in the past; this is not what the taxpayers should be paying for. It is also not the taxpayer’s problem how the landlord comes out financially. If I am a business man and enter into a private contract with someone and that someone screws me it's a civil matter. I can not use the police to bail me out. It's that simple. It's like you say to me or the police.... If you don't like your job get out, find another. If you don't like being a landlord, sell.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:34 am 

Proud Pig wrote:
Mirage wrote:

It's just so easy isn't it Mirage... So now it's the Sheriff's fault (I'm no fan of the Sheriff) that we need more jails because of all the criminals and the broken down justice system. So now we should drive out to Porter County to put people in jail? More criminals being housed by the taxpayers means more jails. Blame the legal system and the politicians, not the Sheriff. But it's easier for you to blame the front man isn't it.
Blame police public relations, an over burdened justice system, the prison industrial complex and the BS "tough on crime" (propaganda) legislators they've bought and paid for.

The Prison-industrial complex
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The prison-industrial complex refers to interest groups that represent organizations that do business in correctional facilities, such as prison guard unions, construction companies, and surveillance technology vendors, and to the belief that these actors may be more concerned with making profits than actually rehabilitating criminals or reducing crime rates.
USA incarceration timeline.

Allegedly, this desire for monetary gain has led to the rise of the Prison industry. Writing for The Atlantic Monthly in December 1998, Eric Schlosser said that "The 'prison-industrial complex' is not only a set of interest groups and institutions; it is also a state of mind. The lure of big money is corrupting the nation's criminal-justice system, replacing notions of safety and public service with a drive for higher profits. The eagerness of elected officials to pass tough-on-crime legislation — combined with their unwillingness to disclose the external and social costs of these laws — has encouraged all sorts of financial improprieties.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison-industrial_complex

Proud Pig wrote:
How about blame society, if people didn't break the law they wouldn't be in jail and you wouldn't have to pay for it, but that's life and in this ignorant society it's never going to change.
Yeah, if we all became tea totaling, government/corporate butt kissing, puritans we wouldn't have these problems now, would we?

A policeman's job is only easy in a police state.
I see your day is on the horizon pee pee.

Proud Pig wrote:
You know if the police responded to all the abuse and comments made every day by you people, you'd all have something to complain about.
Yeah, instead they do very little for We the People. They seldom, if ever, respond fast enough to catch a crime in progress. They won't investigate anything below a felony, they don't look for missing children at all (unless they're rich and white) but act like they do. By law, they have absolutely no responsibility to protect you and only, by law, if they witness a crime in progress do they have to react and arrest anyone.

They don't constitutionally have any business bothering anyone who isn't bothering someone else or their property, but they do it all the time.

They serve and protect business, raise funds for the municipalities they work in, they write reports, they write "field observation" reports (my opinion of this is they are spying on you and keeping unconstitutional records on innocent citizens if they have no evidence that you have broken any laws), They have become militarized pawns of the federal government.

Proud Pig wrote:
I can just imagine you people in our shoe's trying to do a job that is impossible to do with all the great support by the armchair taxpayers.
You guys made the bed, now sleep in it. You want something done about the public's perception of your profession, then do something to change it because they are right! Many of your departments have become little more a powerful, armed, criminal street thugs with the support of a fascist government. A perfect start would be taking down that Blue Wall of Silence.

Proud Pig wrote:
Mirage, an honest question. Since I've been around on both boards I've noticed somehting about you. This is a straight forward question, can you give a straight answer. What really is your problem with the Police?

With Max it's pretty simple, he's a common thug and a druggy who's had more run-ins with the police than he can recall. It's easier for him to b!tch and complain about the simple law than to follow it. You on the other hand I can't figure out because you tend to "ride the fence" a little.
Common thug? I am hardly common. If there were more of me, there would be less of you. See how they feel about those who merely stand up to them by flexing the Constitution? I've had more run-ins with the police than I deserve, mostly for merely standing up to them by flexing the Constitution.

It's easier for me to b!tch and complain about the simple law than to follow it? Sorry I stepped on that white man's shadow, looked in his eyes for more than 3 seconds and sat in the front of the bus.

I've been told "If you don't like the law, change it." I have been fighting the BS drug war for years and have found the main opposition is, not the public who can be persuaded with common sense, but those who profit most and whose jobs are made easier and more secure because of it. They shouldn't even be allowed to take part in the discussion.

Your response is that I "b!tch and complain about the simple law." Look Pig, you have forgotten who you work for? Oh yeah, see above.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 am 

"tough on crime"

Whatever you think about the national effort against drugs I think the criminals in Lake County, IN are actually criminals even by your definition Maxx. The fact that the county jail is overcrowded is a big problem. The irony is there's plenty more bad guys who should be serving time and still more that only serve a fraction of what they deserve and are back out on the streets partly because there's no room to house them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next