Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: New Thoughts on Local Cops
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:02 pm 

Do you know the facts that Mirage stated? Nope. I do as well, and guess what, its pretty appalling that a house was broken into, solved by the victim, and yet 7 days later, no police report has been made yet

I remember police officers telling me that reports would be ready within 3-5 days, which is the norm, so how can you say that the police not having a report ready 7 days later is excusable?

I like how you resort to name calling though, and the funny thing is, you just proved the one thing that police officers around the country swear up and down never occurs, and that's "the police will protect their own, even if their own are in the wrong"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:14 pm 

First my original post really had nothing to do with the specific incident, but only to comment on Mirage who always feels everything dealing with the Police is her personal business. Mirage knows why I posted my comment. It's because in another topic Mirage would proclaim not to have a problem with the Police at all, which is far from the truth. My point whenever I post in most of these "police related topics" is that you people feel it is your job to immediately bash the police IN GENERAL because a single situation was not handled to your liking. (a situation that you likely created yourself) (so I do apologize for posting and not relating directly to the topic, didn't mean to confuse you)

In this particular case I wish I did know the inside story, from the INSIDE. Because if I did I'm certain I would be able to shed more light on the real truth and further be able to make you people look foolish. I would guess and this is only a guess.. that a police report was in fact taken, I could not believe and will not believe the police "REFUSSED" to take a police report on a home burglary. I would also suggest that since it is an on going investigation that the report would not be released during an investigation. (something was mentioned about medication prescriptions) All the doctor or pharmacy needs is a police report number. But anyway..... I would also guess the reason the "victim" was able to solve the crime is because the "victim" knew the "suspect", but I'm only throwing out a guess. Please give me the details of the crime so I can see how close I am so far.

Last edited by Proud Pig on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:14 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
Yeah that's a good reason to hate the Police in general. Especially when you know those are the facts, just because someone said so. Since I became involved in law enforcement, or I mean public service, or I mean since I became a Cabana Boy, I also "generalize". Like the Police are generalized and judged I judge also, that is why I generalize the public, people in general. So you know what my opinion of "people" is.... Good day to you and Mirage.

:smt006

Well first, this all speaks more to the existing procedures than anything, which as you know is set at the discretion of the politicians. And you yourself are not without a negative comment or two when it comes to the brass. Or at least you have had some in the past. ;)

Second, in this instance it looks like the particular officers are not motivated to act promptly. Again, this is not just a property case. There is the issue of Federally controlled substances needed and the meds cannot be replaced without the report.

Third, if you have the case just handed to you and the victim is able to get the perp to confess and the perp's own family admits guilt just how frekin' lazy do you have to be to not just finish the stupid report in a timely manor? :roll:

I don't hate cops. I hate stupid, lazy cops when their apathy harms others though.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:24 pm 

This is not the first time this has happened Proud Pig

Remember how long the "investigation" took to finally charge the 2 Munster cops who stole the dead chiefs sword and sold it on Ebay, even though the case was solved before the "investigation" was started. And also notice how those two cops also got off on the crime with only a misdemeanor charge, even though what they did and charged with were felonies, and they got to keep their right to be a police officer, just not in Munster.

How about the Chesterton Police Officer who got 2 DUI's in a weeks time, yet the Chesterton Police Department could not fire him because he pleaded the first one down to a misdemeanor(like the public wouldn't be allowed to do), and the second DUI disappeared all together, all because of the testimony of his brother, the Porter County sheriff at the time

Lets not forget about the Porter County sheriff who stated at the scene of an accident that he deliberately ran a red light and caused an accident, yet he is still on the force, even though he broke the laws he was supposed to uphold, and the people in the car that smashed into them, had to threaten to sue the county to get the damages they were entitled to, because the "investigation" was dragging its feet

Or how about that police officer who was drunk, yet his buddies showed up and delayed taking him to the hospital to get the blood draw until after the time limit has passed, thus the blood draw would be inadmissible in court.

Those 4 examples above pretty much prove the "police look out for each other regardless" mantra

Not all cops are bad, but it is pretty sad that the victim is told the police report will be ready in a specific time frame and 7 days later that report is still not ready.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:26 pm 

Mirage wrote:

Second, in this instance it looks like the particular officers are not motivated to act promptly. Again, this is not just a property case. There is the issue of Federally controlled substances needed and the meds cannot be replaced without the report.

Third, if you have the case just handed to you and the victim is able to get the perp to confess and the perp's own family admits guilt just how frekin' lazy do you have to be to not just finish the stupid report in a timely manor? :roll:

I don't hate cops. I hate stupid, lazy cops when their apathy harms others though.

Thank you Mirage, even though I had no idea of the details I knew I was close. First the police report is not needed to replace controlled substances, only a report number. Unless you have a "history" of having medications stolen. Police reports are not released during an investigation. Third as you say, I knew the "victim" had some type of relationship with the "suspect" once again usually the case. It is much easier for the friend or family member to get the "suspect" to confess than the police. I'm certain there is much, much more to this case! I'll also go out on a limb and suggest once again that the "public" wants the police to immediately restore order to a situation which they created over time! Anyway, please do tell us about your personal relationship with this story so I can better understand your concern?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:31 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
This is not the first time this has happened Proud Pig

Remember how long the "investigation" took to finally charge the 2 Munster cops who stole the dead chiefs sword and sold it on Ebay, even though the case was solved before the "investigation" was started. And also notice how those two cops also got off on the crime with only a misdemeanor charge, even though what they did and charged with were felonies, and they got to keep their right to be a police officer, just not in Munster.

Here is where I stopped reading your post! Simply because it makes no difference that these people were cops. In fact they were punished more than the average person if you ask me (and should have been) They lost their jobs and will likely not be the police ever again (and should not be). Most other criminals would not have even been convicted of the misdemeanor, this is a fact which I know and you and others like you could not understand from your couch! bye now, you have proven my point and where I am coming from. You are trying to prove something else, but I'm smarter than that, sell crazy somewhere else. :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:08 pm 

They lost their jobs and will likely not be the police ever again (and should not be).

Now you know better than that! You need only look at some of the histories made public in the press of some EC cops who were discharged from another local dept and just can't seem to keep out of trouble of their own making to know some places don't care too much what you've done as long as they can still legally hire them cowboys. ;)

I can check with the homeowner who had the breakin & meds stolen and see but even if there had been a history of meds getting stolen from there it is a Hammond resident and we're again back to these crimes being treated too lightly. But the person is even more frustrated by the detective blowing off with no explanation a promised visit to the home to discuss progress on the case and several broken promises made on when that report would be available. The person went to stay with family out of town and a cop there even said this just wasn't right and contacted HPD, at which point the cop was promised a fax of the report at a certain time. Except it never came. So while of course this is all 3rd party information to me it appears at least one cop out of town thinks Hammond has a problem if how this was handled is a standard work practice around here.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:33 pm 

Oh really, you 100% sure of that statement?

Sad isn't it Mirage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:37 pm 

mike3775 wrote:

Sad isn't it Mirage

I think you are referring to the cops getting rehired. I believe they were actually rehired locally but didn't want to mention it because I am not positive. Still, it seems like I remember hearing it back when this story was newer. This was some time ago now, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:46 pm 

Mirage wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Sad isn't it Mirage

I think you are referring to the cops getting rehired. I believe they were actually rehired locally but didn't want to mention it because I am not positive. Still, it seems like I remember hearing it back when this story was newer. This was some time ago now, after all.

I was referring to both, but I remember the same thing

Proud Pig, do you know what happened to Dave Reynolds? I bet you don't so here it is. The Chesterton police chief george Nelson tried to fire him for having that DUI, yet the police union FOUGHT FOR HIM TO KEEP HIS JOB. Chesterton taxpayers had to pay that a**h*** to sit at a desk for 9 months so he could retire WITH FULL PENSION BENEFITS. Now how is that fair? He was convicted, if a non cop was pulled over twice, I highly doubt we would have one tossed out and the other get punishment that makes people laugh, and as far as keeping a job, forget about it, even the UAW and USW would tell normal people to take a hike on keeping a job, yet the Police FOUGHT FOR THEIR OWN TO KEEP THEIR JOB, SINCE THEY HAVE TO LOOK OUT FOR THEIR OWN.

The sheriff who ran the red light? Still on the force

The cop who was drunk? Still on the force, since the blood draw was administered 5 minutes past what the state allows for admissability. Yep no cover up their either right?

Lets not forget the one who tried to frame his buddy recently as well.

Regardless it is still pathetic that the person Mirage is talking about did not recieve the police report when the person was told it would be ready.

amazing how you are defending them, but then again, police make sure their brothers are always defended no matter how scummy the cops are.

And the local police wonder why no one trusts them, when the 6 examples I have posted are brought to light.

And lets not forget the police who decide to take the take home squad to the stores in another city and blatantly disregard the posted speed limits as well.

Don't waste your time trying to say that never happens PP, I have video evidence showing it has occurred, and no I will not turn them into the police agencies either, because I know how vindictive cops can be, I have seen it first hand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:56 pm 

mike3775 wrote:

Don't waste your time trying to say that never happens PP, I have video evidence showing it has occurred, and no I will not turn them into the police agencies either, because I know how vindictive cops can be, I have seen it first hand

Do you expect me to argue with any of that.. You want to suggest that some scum bag cop who broke the law in this manner is a friend of mine. Are you to suggest that I and ALL cops cover up crimes committed by other cops? See simple minded pejople like you are easy ... You are the type that would suggest that I've done something wrong if I let a fellow cop go with a traffic warning for speeding. All along being to damn stupid to realize that I let ten times that many go w/ a warning who are regular people like you. You've just made my point.. You and people like you judge the entire police force (a force of thousands in the NW and Chicagoland area) based on a FEW bad apples that either slipped through the cracks or got their jobs through a political connection. It's also that "political connection" that is more powerful than any "brotherhood" that you speak of. But at least you came close to telling us what your problem really is, at least closer than Mirage. It's obvious you've had a "run in" or you got some tickets you didn't deserve. Either way my point again made clear by you and the others like you. It's a good thing for all of you that the police don't judge you "citizens" the way in which you judge the entire police force, or you would all be in for a sh!t storm. I could sit on the highway all day long and write hundreds of deserving tickets to people like you and Mirage but we don't. It's that power and authority that people like you would abuse.
Bottom line is this, get a life. I never before gave two s***'s about what the police were doing because it really was not my business. I got pulled over and got several tickets before and never once blamed the cop or suggested I didn't do EXACTLY what I was accused of doing (speeding). Every single time I got pulled over I got a ticket. Every single time the cop was a hard case. I never developed a grudge even then before I wanted to be the police and before I knew what being the police was like. Now I understand why they were hard cases.
I have never, my friends have never, and my family has never had problems w/ the law like you people proclaim out here, it just amazes me. People have a habit of creating their own problems and then expecting someone else (the police) to solve their problems immediately! Either way it's a waste of my time because I attempted this argument before and you simple people don't get it, you don’t because your minds are made up and you are not interested in the facts. Some cop pulled you over one day and told you your shoe's were ugly and you never forgot it... Booo---hooo.. get a life. People like you are one of two things at this point,,, you are either jealous of the power and responsibility of the police and can't be the police or won't be, you'll just never admit what it really is. Either way once again I don't really give a damn because the few of you who b!tch and cry constantly about the police mean nothing to me and have no impact on my job or the law. It's just nice to occasionally come out here and stick it in your face, like you people do to us 24/7.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:05 am 

Either way once again I don't really give a damn because the few of you who b!tch and cry constantly about the police mean nothing to me and have no impact on my job or the law. It's just nice to occasionally come out here and stick it in your face, like you people do to us 24/7.

Typical. Never mind that a lot of the problems are with upper management and how it runs the department and with the politicos who are the enablers. Yes, people do bitch & moan. But I think it's more out of the frustration that problems continue and pleas for improvement either go unheard or face opposition from cops out of fear for perceived self preservation.

And yes it is also frustrating when what is or what is perceived to be a double standard is applied to particular cops when they misbehave. People want to trust that cops will be fair, same as they want to trust teachers with their kids and pastors with their spiritual admonitions. So when there's been a breach of that trust we all suffer a bit and maybe feel betrayed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:06 am 

And PP wonders why people distrust cops, his replies in this thread shows why

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 am 

Proud Pig wrote:
Do you expect me to argue with any of that.. You want to suggest that some scum bag cop who broke the law in this manner is a friend of mine. Are you to suggest that I and ALL cops cover up crimes committed by other cops? See simple minded pejople like you are easy ... You are the type that would suggest that I've done something wrong if I let a fellow cop go with a traffic warning for speeding. All along being to damn stupid to realize that I let ten times that many go w/ a warning who are regular people like you. You've just made my point.. You and people like you judge the entire police force (a force of thousands in the NW and Chicagoland area) based on a FEW bad apples that either slipped through the cracks or got their jobs through a political connection. It's also that "political connection" that is more powerful than any "brotherhood" that you speak of. But at least you came close to telling us what your problem really is, at least closer than Mirage. It's obvious you've had a "run in" or you got some tickets you didn't deserve. Either way my point again made clear by you and the others like you. It's a good thing for all of you that the police don't judge you "citizens" the way in which you judge the entire police force, or you would all be in for a sh!t storm. I could sit on the highway all day long and write hundreds of deserving tickets to people like you and Mirage but we don't. It's that power and authority that people like you would abuse.
Bottom line is this, get a life. I never before gave two s***'s about what the police were doing because it really was not my business. I got pulled over and got several tickets before and never once blamed the cop or suggested I didn't do EXACTLY what I was accused of doing (speeding). Every single time I got pulled over I got a ticket. Every single time the cop was a hard case. I never developed a grudge even then before I wanted to be the police and before I knew what being the police was like. Now I understand why they were hard cases.
I have never, my friends have never, and my family has never had problems w/ the law like you people proclaim out here, it just amazes me. People have a habit of creating their own problems and then expecting someone else (the police) to solve their problems immediately! Either way it's a waste of my time because I attempted this argument before and you simple people don't get it, you don’t because your minds are made up and you are not interested in the facts. Some cop pulled you over one day and told you your shoe's were ugly and you never forgot it... Booo---hooo.. get a life. People like you are one of two things at this point,,, you are either jealous of the power and responsibility of the police and can't be the police or won't be, you'll just never admit what it really is. Either way once again I don't really give a damn because the few of you who b!tch and cry constantly about the police mean nothing to me and have no impact on my job or the law. It's just nice to occasionally come out here and stick it in your face, like you people do to us 24/7.

Lighten up, Mall Cop! The Holidays will be over soon, and the high school girls will stop laughing at you. NOT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:56 am 

PP has always been like this Lois.

He is the typical arrogant cop who thinks he is better than everyone else

Even though not all cops are like that, PP is one of the 5% that think that way