Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Police Dept. Help Line! (Universal)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
Hey moldy grapes, congratulations on being a member.... Please tell us your sad innocent story.

Why?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm 

Yeah you're right, it would be a waste of time! It wouldn't be any different than any other story we've read about. Image The poor innocent person who can't take responsibility for their actions and the FACT they put themselves in the position to begin with. See, right or wrong, truth or lie on these allegations of police brutality, the "victim" put themselves there to begin with and based on you idiots out here I can't imagine how that happened. Boo-hoo, much like the story today in the Times about the KILLER who got a law degree, what a joke!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 am 
Banned

Funny how as soon as Markh is being called a Board Nazi..suddenly Proud Pig rises from the ashes...he mark did you tell your dad you got power again?

HAHahaHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:15 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
The poor innocent person who can't take responsibility for their actions and the FACT they put themselves in the position to begin with.

Yep...if only the few bad apples like you were expected to live by the same rules.....

Of course we all know you couldn't handle it and would probably end up eating the business end of your gun...

Is that why they stuck you in the mall?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm 

Ok, Moldy Grapes I'll tell if you tell. First off you and the others out here have no clue about me. I am hard out here and condescending because you are all jerks and have obviously had some type of "run in" with the law. (go figure) On the street you can't "tell it like it is" because people like you will go cry to my boss. So I come out here and "tell it like it is". Truth be told Officers like me have a GREAT deal of constraint, if we didn't we would in fact be in prison!

The mall thing; when I first created this profile on the NWI board I put that in as a joke. I was suggesting that I was shopping @ the mall in my take home car, because at the time the whole take home car thing was a big cry baby issue.. Cops around the county have since lost take home cars, but I just left it in the profile, to again be condescending to you simple people. You all took it as if I was suggesting I work there and as you should know by now I don't give a damn what any of you think, so I play along. Much like Mr. Simple above who thinks now that I’m someone else because I have the same IP sign. He’s to stupid to look when both are logged on and look at the IP’s himself. But again, I don’t care what he thinks. I say what I want to say and don't need three names to say it like he does. The only reason I can't and will not use my real name is because of my job. If I was him or you and had all these real issues, I would not hide behind a fake name.

Now it's your turn there Moldy, please tell me your sad story, tell us why you were wrongly treated by the big bad law men.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:37 pm 

born_again wrote:
Funny how as soon as Markh is being called a Board Nazi..suddenly Proud Pig rises from the ashes...he mark did you tell your dad you got power again?

HAHahaHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHAA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:01 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
The mall thing; when I first created this profile on the NWI board I put that in as a joke.

Methinks this little piggy doth protest too much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:58 pm 
Banned

[quote="Proud Pig"]

The mall thing; when I first created this profile on the NWI board I put that in as a joke.[/color]

That's a lie.

Poor Pig, can't tell the truth even if he took an oath to tell the truth.

Here's the facts flatfoot, you're being watched more then "us".

Go ahead and make us rich Piggy Piggy.

Not only can we sue the city, we'll have enough money to sue you personally.

Yes folks....Porky can be sued as a private citizen for violating your civil rights, so keep them cameras rolling :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm 

Hey stupid, that really makes you look like the idiot you are. When are you jackazz'z going to realize that your sue line doesn't mean sh!t to anyone. You are a pathetic little weak person!

I have my own camera in my car, wireless mic and digital mic. Believe me it rolls ALL the time and has saved my azz more times than I can count when liars like you make false statements and accusations. Get a life you piece of sh!t!

You're too stupid to realize when you are being made fun of; at least I'm obvious about how condescending I am.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:46 pm 

In a cops perspective here is a PERFECT video on youtube that describes you idiots. Aside from you being a dumber hilljack with less teeth, this could be you born again loser!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtofbxmlv8Y

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:06 am 
Banned

City settles 16 police suits for $4.5 million

The city of Cincinnati will pay $4.5 million to 16 plaintiffs in the largest legal settlement in the city's history.

The global settlement of lawsuits against the Cincinnati Police Department resolves cases alleging civil rights violations ranging from unlawful searches to wrongful deaths.

The most well-known among them is the 2001 wrongful death case of Timothy D. Thomas, whose death by an officer's bullet in Over-the-Rhine sparked the city's worst rioting in three decades.

City Council voted 5-2 Wednesday to approve the settlement, which came up for a roll-call vote with no advance warning. U.S. District Judge Susan J. Dlott could approve the settlements as soon as today.

"This has been an anvil around the neck of the city," Mayor Charlie Luken said. "Rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly. It's a fact."

Luken implored the council to approve the deal immediately, before any of the plaintiffs could back out. "Do it for the plaintiffs. Do it for the officers. But mostly, I would ask you to do it for the city."

The agreement settles individual claims remaining against the city from the class-action lawsuit on racial profiling. That lawsuit, Bomani Tyehimba v. City of Cincinnati, later became the legal basis for the police reform settlement known as the Collaborative Agreement.

CASES INCLUDED
The City of Cincinnati settled 16 federal lawsuits alleging wrongful death, excessive force and other civil rights violations by police. Among them:

Elsie Carpenter v. City of Cincinnati: Carpenter is the mother of Michael Carpenter, who was shot and killed by police March 19, 1999. Carpenter was driving a car with expired plates in Northside when police began to chase him. Carpenter pulled over on a narrow side street, but did not get out of his car. Officer Brent McCurley, standing behind the car, shot nine times, saying he feared for his life when the car began to back up.

Bomani Tyehimba v. City of Cincinnati: Tyehimba, a Pleasant Ridge businessman, filed suit against the city April 30, 1999, claiming police illegally ordered him out of his car at gunpoint. His was the first and most prominent racial profiling lawsuit against the city, and became the vehicle for the out-of-court settlement that became the Collaborative Agreement.

Vincent Clark et. al. v. City of Cincinnati: Clark, a former professional football player, and a passenger, Terry Horton, were leaving a downtown nightclub Feb. 23, 2001 when police pulled them over in a case of mistaken identity. The two men say one of the officers pointed a shotgun at Clark's face and illegally searched the car. Police said they were acting on information from a bail bondsman that a wanted fugitive was seen at the nightclub driving a green GMC Yukon. Clark called it a classic case of racial profiling.

Angela Leisure v. City of Cincinnati: Leisure is the mother of Timothy D. Thomas, the 19-year-old whose April 7, 2001 shooting in Over-the-Rhine prompted four days of rioting. Police began chasing Thomas on foot after an officer recognized him as being wanted on 14 misdemeanor warrants. Officer Stephen Roach caught up with him in a dark alley and fired once. The officer later gave conflicting stories about whether the gun "just went off" or he feared Thomas had a weapon.

Other plaintiffs who settled their claims were: Lisa Youngblood-Smith, John E. Harris, Stephanie and Paul Keith, Enrico Martin, Roderick Glenn, Arnold White, Tony Stillwell, Sheila Barnes, Antonio Johnson, Matthew Shaw, Mark A. Ward and Charles A. Wiley.
For the plaintiffs, the settlement guarantees they will receive at least some compensation without enduring years of trials and appeals.

"The fact is, my son is never coming back," said Angela Leisure, the mother of Thomas. "But my son isn't the only son in Cincinnati."

The city was spared the prospect of 16 trials, each of which could have cost millions of dollars in legal fees and possible damages. The settlement includes the case of Michael Carpenter, shot to death by police in a 1999 traffic stop, but not Roger Owensby Jr., who died in the back of a police cruiser in Roselawn in 2000.

The cost of fighting - and losing - those cases could have surpassed $10 million, city officials said.

And the 35 officers involved in the cases - many of whom were named as private defendants and could have faced personal liability - also can get on with their careers. Neither the city nor the officers admitted any wrongdoing.

"I hope the media doesn't point to this as a sign of weakness by police," said Don Hardin, a lawyer for the Fraternal Order of Police. "We did this because it was in the best interests of the city."

The city also avoided public - and potentially embarrassing - court battles that would have focused on police misconduct, racism and other politically sensitive issues. City officials worried that even if they won at trial, the damage to the city's image would be incalculable.

Elsie Carpenter, the mother of Michael Carpenter, said she hopes the settlement makes Cincinnati a safer and more tolerant community. "We pray this will never happen to another family in this city," she said. "It has really taken a toll on our lives."

The $4.5 million would go to a settlement fund to be divided up by the plaintiffs. The exact amount that each defendant will receive will be confidential.

How much will go for fees and expenses of the plaintiff's lawyers - Kenneth L. Lawson, Scott Greenwood and Alphonse Gerhardstein - is also secret.

City Manager Valerie Lemmie conceded that the city has only $1.2 million left in the account used to pay court judgments. Finding the remaining $3.3 million will be a struggle with the city's tight budgets, but Lemmie promised to make cuts to city services as painless as possible.

The global settlement is almost twice as much as the $2.36 million the city has paid to settle lawsuits against police over the last 12 years.

Previously, the largest single settlement in an excessive force lawsuit against Cincinnati police was $700,000 to Robert Wittenberg, a 64-year-old Alzheimer's patient injured in a body-slam arrest at a Madisonville convenience store.

Councilmen Chris Monzel and Pat DeWine voted against the agreement.

Plaintiff Bomani Tyehimba said he's satisfied that justice has been served - both through the settlement and the police reforms in the Collaborative Agreement.

Tyehimba's name became forever connected to the issue of police misconduct since 1999. That's when the Pleasant Ridge businessman said he was handcuffed, roughed up and held at gunpoint during a routine traffic stop.

He said he hopes the settlement is a lesson to his 11-year-old son, who had asked his father why he didn't fight back when police handcuffed him.

"I did this mainly for my son, to show him that when a wrong happens, there are right ways to deal with it," he said.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:06 pm 

Look at the smart white trash who can cut and paste.. Who gives a sh1t, what does any of it have to do with you or anything else around here. Shall I begin to research the internet to cut & paste articles about sh1t bags? Even with the media capitalizing on the wrong the police do I'll bet I can still find more about sh1t bags like you and the wrong they do, compaired to the police. Out of all those you listed at best half may be legitimate, the other are bullsh1t! You prove nothing again, besides how lame you are.

Try some of this it might help your problem.

Last edited by Proud Pig on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:30 pm 
Banned

Stop your crying piggy piggy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 pm 

Image :smt006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:52 am 
Banned

Nothing better then to see a grown piggy cry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next