Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Told Ya so
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:47 pm 

I said last year that LC will pass a tax,well looky here, all because Indy shamed them, and its past the elections :)

Enjoy the tax people, remember, the majority of the county voted for the letter after the name

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1322 ... il.article

Post subject: Re: Told Ya so
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 pm 
Banned

WOW!

You predicted the Lake County Democrats would tax more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 pm 

Some said they wouldn't do that

well now its official

And the best part is, its just after the election, so no way to get rid of them for a few years

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am 

O'Donnell said he can support the tax on purchases at restaurants and bars if the Regional Development Authority -- the state agency which will administer the proceeds -- promises to spend it solely on transportation, as he expects the RDA will.

I say no! Who will the RDA benefit? Not me, that's for sure. Time to put it out of business.

I guess I can't say I will "never" pay that tax but I sure will be eating out a lot less locally. I could care less if it's mere pennies on the dollar I was never asked to vote for this thing and I sure have no interest in supporting a lot of what it's doing with the money it's already pilfered from our pockets. No accountability. Never EVER give the power of the purse to an unelected board! :evil:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:56 am 

All you people voted them in, almost by a land slide. Same old thing different year. Look @ Obama's Illinois Dem buddy!
Hey Mirage, did you see your $100 slum lord fee didn't pass. Looks like you're still in business!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:37 pm 

Actually I think that's a good thing because "slumlords" wouldn't be bothering with court if history is any indication. They'd just toss the bums' stuff out on the street and change the locks and get a new tenant. It is the honest folks, like someone renting out a 2nd home that won't sell, who try to do things the right way who would go to the trouble and expense of doing things the right way and also property managers for the better rentals which are owned by banks and such. But think what you want.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:22 am 

And do not think only 1 tax will pass either

As soon as the County gets its tax, cities will intiate taxes as well.

Pretty soon Lake County will be exactly like Cook County, with a city, county, locality, and sales taxes

and the citizens of LC deserve it, just because they have to many people who only vote for the letter after a name