Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Property Tax Fiasco
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:47 am 

Forewarned is forearmed. The next tax bill will not come out until around October 1st, according to the Auditors office.

Also, if you appealed your property taxes, like I did, call to check if it has been recorded. I appealed successfully 4 months ago, but it turns out they "lost" all of my paperwork on the appeal. I called 2 weeks ago, and got the runaround. I talked to them again yesterday, and got a very helpfull lady, who couldn't find ANYTHING on my appeal. I faxed my copy of the appeal papers to her, and was told to call the Auditors office in a couple of days, to make sure it was recorded.

Please check your property cards for accuracy. You would be surprised how inaccurate many of them are. The mistakes range from something more simple, like having my house listed as 2 full baths, an addition, forced air furnace, etc, which I got corrected; to the extreme, as the lot next door being assessed for a $91,000 house, when in reality, the house, which BTW had a caved in roof and collapsing walls before it was torn down a couple of years ago.

Post subject: Re: Property Tax Fiasco
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:10 pm 

I'm sick of excuses. WHY can't Lake County, home of some very expensive government, properly carry out the duties of the officials.
Just get it right, for Pete's sake!

Post subject: Re: Property Tax Fiasco
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:19 pm 

LC can't carry out anything right because the voters keep sending incompetent career politicians back to office who care more about their pocket books than the people. It's time to send the machine a message that we're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore! It's time to send Dupey, Scheub, Allen, Van Til, Philpot, Pastrick, and all the rest of their chronies back home. Let's see if they can get a real job and not just suck off the teet of the taxpayers. My bet is that they aren't even competent enough to be hired in the private sector.