Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: A Spot of Tea for Carol Ann
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:06 am 

And think, the Party Chair who happens to be the Mayor of Hammond, is rounding up the troops to tell people to vote straight ticket, which is itself is a joke, but he is trying to HELP HER WIN

What a moron he is. If I was him, I would have toldher to drop out right when the license issue came up, andonce these other things showed up, I would no longer be telling people to vote straight ticket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 am 

mike3775 wrote:
I would no longer be telling people to vote straight ticket

You know what word people keep leaving out?

DEMOCRAT

No one has ever suggested voting straight ticket for conservatives in Lake County.

It is ONLY the democRATS, pushing straight ticket voting for this parade of crooks, felons, and convicts.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:08 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
I would no longer be telling people to vote straight ticket

You know what word people keep leaving out?

DEMOCRAT

No one has ever suggested voting straight ticket for conservatives in Lake County.

Mike was quoting McDermott, not himself. I would like to see where Krull is telling his people to split the vote...
Mission Statement of the LCRCC :

Quote:
The Lake County Republican Central Committee is a political organization dedicated to fostering and promoting traditional Republican values through an effective precinct organization by engaging in aggressive voter education, promoting honest election processes, and supporting qualified Republican candidates.

http://www.thelakecountygop.com/about-us
Don't see anything in the mission statement that says vote for a Democrat or splitting their votes...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm 

But they are not going on the radio and pushing it either.

Honestly both parties want those straight ticket punchers, but usually only morons(for both parties) vote straight, intelligent voters split the ticket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm 

Interesting story down in FL. As I understand it a GOP guy running unopposed for state senate and a judge threw him off the ballot on the 1st day of early voting because he lied on a financial disclosure form. Seems he owned a $half mil home in his wife's name up in Arkansas which he did not disclose. His only opposition is a write in candidate. His name stays on the ballot but the party will get to replace him if he wins.

But as was said I suppose the LC Dem party is not saying it but is optimistic that they don't need to pull Carol Ann off the ballot and will replace her later, if needed. But at least in FL the voters know they are voting for a replacement. The LC Dems apparently don't care either way.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 am 

It's down to two weeks. Why is it so quiet out there? Too quite.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 am 

Mirage wrote:
Interesting story down in FL. As I understand it a GOP guy running unopposed for state senate and a judge threw him off the ballot on the 1st day of early voting because he lied on a financial disclosure form. Seems he owned a $half mil home in his wife's name up in Arkansas which he did not disclose. His only opposition is a write in candidate. His name stays on the ballot but the party will get to replace him if he wins.

But as was said I suppose the LC Dem party is not saying it but is optimistic that they don't need to pull Carol Ann off the ballot and will replace her later, if needed. But at least in FL the voters know they are voting for a replacement. The LC Dems apparently don't care either way.

See that is wrong. IMO that office should be put on hold until a special election is held

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 am 

Carol Ann Seaton on reality:

Excerpts from:

Seaton exemptions spark investigation

By Bill Dolan bill.dolan@nwi.com, (219) 662-5328 nwi.com
| Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 12:00 am

...Seaton still expressed optimism that her campaign has popular support and won't be derailed by the controversies surrounding her personal life that began when reports surfaced she held dual driver's licenses in Indiana and Michigan.

Seaton said Thursday she believes owning multiple licenses is allowed in some states and counties in Michigan. Michigan state officials canceled her Michigan driver's license earlier this summer but aren't accusing her of any crime.

Seaton is pleading not guilty in Lake Superior Court to a misdemeanor charge alleging she violated Indiana state vehicle registration law by registering three personal vehicles under her name in Michigan.

The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles has suspended her driving privileges on grounds she has failed to prove she is an Indiana resident.

Seaton suggested the state investigations and media leaks not only violated her privacy but were designed to cripple her campaign by making her less mobile.

"Everyone was in such a hurry to prove me bad and no one took the time to find out reality," she said.

Huh? What planet is she on? I suspect she's the type who because she "believes" it is so, well then, it's so. Clearly, she's into another reality, an alternate order of things. Unfortunate for her, this alternate domain is not the one where the office she ran for is located.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:36 am 

Carol Ann Seaton has plenty of credentials under her political belt, .. but she also has left voters with questions about her candidacy for Lake County Assessor.
Seaton has said she will :

Identify and accurately, uniformly, and equitably assess all taxable properties in Lake County in accordance with Indiana laws.
* Hold Town Hall Meetings to help citizens understand the assessment process, to allow them to voice their concerns, and to get help with their appeals.

* Strive to have all citizens served with integrity, in a helpful, professional, knowledgeable, and timely manner with respect, dignity and compassion.To identify and accurately, uniformly, and equitably assess all taxable properties in Lake County in accordance with Indiana laws.

* Hold Town Hall Meetings to help citizens understand the assessment process, to allow them to voice their concerns, and to get help with their appeals.

* Strive to have all citizens served with integrity, in a helpful, professional, knowledgeable, and timely manner with respect, dignity and compassion.

It all sounds impressive, but as Neometric puts it.. her comments do little to make her the shoo-in candidate for all the people.

He says: Moreover, the candidacy of Carol Ann Seaton, rather than exemplifying the truth and aims of affirmative action, abused them. Simply because she's an African-American and seemingly possessed of a surplus in academic credentials to buttress her candidacy, does not mean she's automatically entitled to the Democratic Party's nearly inherent affirmative action legacy-benefit. For implied in the demeanor of her attorney's, and her own speech acts, during a lengthy appearance on the radio last week, Seaton seemed very Toni Morrison-like which is to say defiant. But unlike the artistry framing the critically-infused defiance characterizing the verbal enactments of Morrison in novels like Beloved, or in critical literary essays such as those found in Playing in the Dark, Seaton's was not a just defiance - it wasn't even justifiable indifference.

What it was is a socio-political form of moral hazard. Indeed, we heard lawyer Tony Walker contend on-air that her critics should instead press her for her philosophy of property taxation. Fair enough, but unfortunately the domain of local taxation philosophy has been preempted by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.

We contend, voters have little time, but need to carefully pore over issues Seaton presented.

Oherwise, the ripple effect of her election could have a negative impact on this county that would leave voters with a bitter after-taste..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:06 pm 

Quote:
Simply because she's an African-American and seemingly possessed of a surplus in academic credentials to buttress her candidacy, does not mean she's automatically entitled to the Democratic Party's nearly inherent affirmative action legacy-benefit.

Don't forget as of today, she still does not meet the state requirements to hold the office at all

1. She does not have the licenses required
2. She does not own any property in Lake County Indiana. The house at 2378 Adams St, is registered to a William C. Seaton, who died in 1953. Now if he was the registered owner, that means for 57 yrs fraud has been committed at 2378 Adams St, and there is no way that she can put that house into her name, without that fraud being exposed big time

I wish there was a way to get the names on the accounts of Nipsco, Verizon, and Comcast at 2378 Adams St, as I am curious to see whose names those are in, because if they are not in Carol Seaton's name, then she has no way to prove she is a resident of Indiana at all, which is what started these issues for her initially, dual licenses and losing said licenses and ineligible for an Indiana license as she has no residency proof.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:15 pm 

I want to give Lake County Auditor Peggy Katona her props on this one.
She seems to be insistent on getting Seaton's taxes billed correctly, which of course is how it should be.
In February, she eliminated-TWICE-judicial candidate George Paras's unwarranted second homestead exemption. She had to do it twice because it somehow got put back on after she removed it.
I think I believe Katona really wants to straighten out this perpetual mess with multiple exemptions for the well-connected.
But even if she doesn't, the state has come up with a plan that should catch the cheaters over the next 3 years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm 

freetime wrote:
I want to give Lake County Auditor Peggy Katona her props on this one.
She seems to be insistent on getting Seaton's taxes billed correctly, which of course is how it should be.
In February, she eliminated-TWICE-judicial candidate George Paras's unwarranted second homestead exemption. She had to do it twice because it somehow got put back on after she removed it.
I think I believe Katona really wants to straighten out this perpetual mess with multiple exemptions for the well-connected.
But even if she doesn't, the state has come up with a plan that should catch the cheaters over the next 3 years.

It will be interesting to see if the State's plan is able to keep up with the cheaters honestly, considering it seems to be a mess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 pm 

Start ur engines.