Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: A Spot of Tea for Carol Ann
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:20 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
FOUR YEARS FROM NOW, we're going to throw ALL those bums out!!

Two actually.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:58 am 

mike3775 wrote:
YOu know what is funny about this election cycle?

The fact that right now, if someone really wanted to run and could get enough signatures to get on the ballot prior to the primaries, they probably could have knocked off a few Democrats and Republicans from the ticket all together.

Right now is the perfect time for a viable 3rd party to come in and start to shoe horn themselves into local and national offices, if they play it right and hold to values that both sides can agree with(and trust me, there are quite a few from each party that like views from the other party and do not say so due to the "issues" it woudl cause). Could you imagine what it would be like in DC if there were say 45 Dems and 45 Republicans but 10 3rd party candidates in office? There would need to be bipartenship big time to get anything passed in DC, and the same would hold true in local offices also

As far as voting straight ticket, I have never voted straight ticket, and never will, to me it is stupid, moronic, and pure laziness. Plus it leads to issues like we have seen over and over time after time

That only works in places where average people are ticked off enough to come vote their minds instead of the party machine voting in the same old sad leaches. Granted people are pretty ticked, but are they ticked enough to be energized? Since LC candidates get no TV ads due to being in the Chicago market, but Chicago rarely agreeing to accept our campaign ads even if you had the budget for it, it makes it harder for an outsider to get much traction or even have their views heard.

Even Comcast public TV was having a slight impact on local politics, but long story short it's now gone. Remember how Pabey over in EC decided to assert control over their "public access" channel right after being sworn in? Seems to me like that very medium actually helped him get in. Once in he feared free expression might soon become a threat.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
The aftermath is even funnier (and more predictable): two or three months after the election, when the next Democrat puts the screws to the electorate (a la Tom Philpot, George Van Til, or George Pabey), watch all the LC automatons stomp their little union feet and cry their little ethnic tears and swear that NEXT time, FOUR YEARS FROM NOW, we're going to throw ALL those bums out!!

What is with the slur on ethnicity? What - you walking on water these days?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:00 am 

More today for Carol Ann's resume.
The Times is reporting there are questions now about the homestead exemption she enjoys on the home she reportedly occupies in Gary.The break reduced her property taxes to $111 a year, which is a real bargain in Gary, which has a very high tax rate.
Here's the story:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 3065c.html

So, are people just piling on Carol Ann now? I know I"m not. My displeasure with her is magnified by her lack of comment on this. That seems to have become her MO.
I just would like to see a new assessor elected who will come into office without all this baggage.
The more that comes out about Seaton, the more ridiculous the Lake County Democrats' instruction to voters to pull a straight ticket seems.
No, I WILL NOT vote straight Democratic! I will pick and choose my candidates, regardless of their party affiliation.
I've never believed in straight ticket voting, and sure am not about to start this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:32 pm 

this just has bad news written all over it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:19 pm 

I called the Dem Chairman from Schererville, (I was a precinct committeeman at one time), and asked him how the organization could support her. His response was that she was endorsed by the committeemen. I told him that there was no way that I could vote for her. I know Hank and he is a good guy...very fair and fights to make sure that all the so called non-profits pay their fair share of property taxes.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:22 pm 

freetime wrote:
No, I WILL NOT vote straight Democratic! I will pick and choose my candidates, regardless of their party affiliation.
I've never believed in straight ticket voting, and sure am not about to start this year.

I'm sure that the majority of the Cons on this board can't say that!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:35 pm 

Here's one example:
USMarine wrote:
When the democratic general election took place I vote straight ticket REPUBLICAN.
Now you know....
:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:42 pm 
Banned

slo-mo48 wrote:

I'm sure that the majority of the Cons on this board can't say that!!

What is it with you slo-mo? Why are you so bitter and angry? So you're gonna get your ideological ass kicked and the Hope & Change muslim express is gonna come to a halt. So what? You guys had your chance for the last 2 years and you failed miserably. That's the way it goes man.
You have no idea...no idea...how the "majority" of conservatives on this board cast their vote. You think you know, but you fail to remember this.....you are an incredibly dumb guy.
BTW slo-mo, who is the last Republican that you voted for at any level higher than the county? Yeah.....that's what I thought slo-mo...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:36 pm 

I don't think there's going to be the Democratic massacre you imagine. At the federal level, there's not a whole lot of difference between the parties, IMO. Money and power drive them all.
And don't forget that on issues like health care, at least half the people in their heart of hearts really believed in the Democratic policy. I still do, although I'm disappointed they didn't enact the public option. I don't think it will work as promised without that.
I've got a problem in deciding on senator for Indiana. I don't likr either candidate. Party doesn't have much to do with my opinion in that race.
On the county and somewhat on the municipal level, I'm sick to death of the Dems for now. And with their stated straight ticket policy, they've pushed me over the edge. I'm NOT voting for Seaton by default by casting a straight ticket. I'm insulted that the Dems are suggesting just that.
The only thing I'm really fired up about voting for in this election is the tax caps. I don't like a lot of things Mitch Daniels has done, but I strongly approve of that one. I don't care which party it came from, it makes good sense to me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:20 am 

Looks like we have a mystery here!

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/arti ... 79041.html

So where's Bill? :shock:

Honestly I have nothing but contempt for anybody who would vote for this woman now. The party should have replaced her. Days away from the election looks like we got a missing body. Well I guess it wouldn't be a Lake County election without at least one. :P

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 am 

Mirage wrote:
Looks like we have a mystery here!

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/arti ... 79041.html

So where's Bill? :shock:

Honestly I have nothing but contempt for anybody who would vote for this woman now. The party should have replaced her. Days away from the election looks like we got a missing body. Well I guess it wouldn't be a Lake County election without at least one. :P

The answer is 6 ft under in some cemetary Mirage

He died in 1953 according to the Post Tribune

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:12 pm 

I wonder if someone's been cashing his social security checks?

For that matter, social security will tell a government agency if a death benefit has been paid out. Heck they'll even tell a bill collector. About the only thing they will disclose without going through channels. Has anybody bothered to make that call? :?:

Keep in mind that Lake County has no death certificate on record, but it should if he were a true resident who passed away. Or perhaps he was out of the country at the time?? :mrgreen:

Haven't see the article. What more did it say?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:42 pm 

Mirage wrote:
I wonder if someone's been cashing his social security checks?

For that matter, social security will tell a government agency if a death benefit has been paid out. Heck they'll even tell a bill collector. About the only thing they will disclose without going through channels. Has anybody bothered to make that call? :?:

Keep in mind that Lake County has no death certificate on record, but it should if he were a true resident who passed away. Or perhaps he was out of the country at the time?? :mrgreen:

Haven't see the article. What more did it say?

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/2805 ... 16.article

Quote:
But on Friday, Gary Health Director Shirley Hawkins said a William C. Seaton who lived at that address died June 2, 1953. According to a Post-Tribune obituary published June 6, 1953, he was 65.

However, an affidavit filed May 10, 2004, in Lake County lists William C. Seaton's date of birth as Jan. 2, 1926, meaning that person would have been 27 in 1953. That document was filed in application for a senior-citizen exemption at 2378 Adams.

The Social Security Death Index, meanwhile, lists a "William Seaton" who died in Indiana in June 1953 at the age of 65. That person's birthdate was Jan. 2, 1888, according to the database.

Asked Wednesday if William C. Seaton lives at 2378 Adams, Carol Ann Seaton said only, "that's the owner of the property." Since then, as of press time, she hasn't responded to multiple phone messages left seeking comment, nor has her attorney.

It looks like a drivers license has led to an even more nefarious web of schemes from her

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:33 pm 

Penalties for apparently committing these related crimes aside like I said anyone who votes for her I have no use for. I mean seriously! This is the kind of person you want to put into a position of public trust? :roll:

I don't think much higher of the local Dem officials for their lack of action or investigation in this matter. I don't think claiming "I didn't know" is gonna cut it here. They knew enough, early enough. But if the voters won't hold her accountable I suppose the Dems will rightly claim it just didn't matter anyway. Unfortunately it rarely does around here. :(