Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Lowell schools closed today because of gunman.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:13 pm 

I notice the village idiot is transcribing quotes for his posting as if he was there.
It's plagiarism in the media world. Making statements from some others writings is a no no.
How does one know if the writer got the facts as they are, or added a few tidbits to glamorize the story. If quoting a person, you have to have it correct from the word go.
A reporter having to get a correction, is the worse thing that can happen if you intend to go up the ladder .It's a fun thing in the paper media. They know the local radio stations, not just around here, are reading their articles on the air. Saves a vast amount of money in not hiring reporters. Some editors will change a persons age by one year or change the address by a few numbers. If it's heard on the air with these changes, they know the stations are using their copy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:12 pm 

LEt me see if I understand this, its wrong to cancel classes because a guy is on the loose and has shot people, but its not wrong to stop people for no reason to interrogate them with a roadblock?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:10 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
LEt me see if I understand this, its wrong to cancel classes because a guy is on the loose and has shot people, but its not wrong to stop people for no reason to interrogate them with a roadblock?

I didn't read about the police using any roadblocks to catch this killer. They did pull over trucks with drivers that matched the description of the shooter. One of the trucks that was pulled over on Wednesday was that of the killer. However, they let him go at that time,probably because he is a cop. When detectives reviewed all the stops made, they found something that eventually lead to his arrest. That is the kind of solid police work most people expect from the police. The killer actually posted on his facebook page that he was stopped and didn't like having a gun pointing at him. I think there will be plenty of things happening to him he won't like unless he commits suicide first.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:39 pm 
Banned

sparks wrote:

I didn't read about the police using any roadblocks to catch this killer.

He's referring to DUI roadblocks slim.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:42 pm 

Facts are, they did have road blocks in some areas. Questioning drivers about what they may have seen in regards to the shootings. It's too bad when posters have to get all there facts from a paper. Folks like that could get a job at WJOB. That's the news department over there. The poster was correct. The reporter missed that part to the story so he couldn't verify that. I might suggest the poster would be very good at reading the news on the air. Well maybe not the news. I think the comic page would be more fitting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:17 am 

sparks wrote:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. However, I think that even children can grasp that something is very wrong with anyone who randomly guns down people he doesn't know.

So is it fair to say it's been a while since you tasted a nut or 2?

:lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 am 

Mirage wrote:
sparks wrote:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. However, I think that even children can grasp that something is very wrong with anyone who randomly guns down people he doesn't know.

So is it fair to say it's been a while since you tasted a nut or 2?

:lol:

I think it's safe to say that he always tastes nuts by the pair.

Barack Obama