Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Carol Ann Seaton - Democrat
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:08 am 

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/special-se ... b3878.html

We all know the story. We all know about Dems getting elected around here like there's no other choice. But if the voters around here elect this Seaton woman I say the hell with Lake County. At least most other Dems running this year have some redeeming qualities but this Seaton's biggest boast is that the law refuses to prosecute her and she is apparently insulted that anyone dare investigate her but the government would very likely never cut you or I such slack. In most other states she would have been pulled from the ballot. But Seaton seems to feel a sense of entitlement. In plain English that means "I'm better than you."

I can't wait to see if Gary voters in particular vote based on race/ party rather than on principle. The city needs to go into receivership due to massive corruption IMO and apparently an honest person can't get into a position of power. So if people in Gary won't help themselves looks like it's up to a higher power to put their house in order because it's costing the rest of us too much to keep that house of cards afloat.

It will also be very interesting to see how East Chicago voters side on this race given their new opportunity to have a more accountable city government. Will they too blindly support the party line? Or is this one time a credible Republican wins over a tainted hack? I can hardly wait for Wednesday's paper to come out for (hopefully) the final results.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Carol Ann Seaton - Democrat
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 am 

Quote:
We all know the story. We all know about Dems getting elected around here like there's no other choice. But if the voters around here elect this Seaton woman I say the hell with Lake County. At least most other Dems running this year have some redeeming qualities but this Seaton's biggest boast is that the law refuses to prosecute her and she is apparently insulted that anyone dare investigate her but the government would very likely never cut you or I such slack. In most other states she would have been pulled from the ballot. But Seaton seems to feel a sense of entitlement. In plain English that means "I'm better than you."

Quit trying to discredit her Mirage. Its a vast right wing conspiracy against her you know :)

Quote:
I can't wait to see if Gary voters in particular vote based on race/ party rather than on principle. The city needs to go into receivership due to massive corruption IMO and apparently an honest person can't get into a position of power. So if people in Gary won't help themselves looks like it's up to a higher power to put their house in order because it's costing the rest of us too much to keep that house of cards afloat.

Of course she will carry Gary by a wide margin.

Quote:
It will also be very interesting to see how East Chicago voters side on this race given their new opportunity to have a more accountable city government. Will they too blindly support the party line? Or is this one time a credible Republican wins over a tainted hack? I can hardly wait for Wednesday's paper to come out for (hopefully) the final results.

I have a feeling they will go for her as well. I just hope the rest of the county can overcome the Gary/EC block of voters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:08 am 

Mirage wrote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/special-section/election/article_42f54995-9885-5ead-b8e9-8e87597b3878.html

We all know the story. We all know about Dems getting elected around here like there's no other choice. But if the voters around here elect this Seaton woman I say the hell with Lake County.
I think you said the hell with Lake county years ago. You're a part-time resident of NWI at best and you aren't involved in your community other than to whine about it on message boards.
At least most other Dems running this year have some redeeming qualities but this Seaton's biggest boast is that the law refuses to prosecute her
Really, her driver's license has been suspended, illegal property exemptions were taken away and over $6,000 taxes and penalties have been added to the property in question. There is also an ongoing investigation into criminal allegations.
and she is apparently insulted that anyone dare investigate her but the government would very likely never cut you or I such slack. In most other states she would have been pulled from the ballot.
Complete BS, in the US people are considered innocent until proven guilty. No state allows candidates to be removed from the ballot on the basis of unproven charges.
But Seaton seems to feel a sense of entitlement. In plain English that means "I'm better than you."

It will also be very interesting to see how East Chicago voters side on this race given their new opportunity to have a more accountable city government.
And just how are EC voters going to have a more accountable city government when this is not a municipal election? The only candidates on the ballot are state and national.
Will they too blindly support the party line? Or is this one time a credible Republican wins over a tainted hack? I can hardly wait for Wednesday's paper to come out for (hopefully) the final results.

Columnist Cal Thomas once wrote,
A fool does himself in when he keeps speaking rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 am 

Go ahead Sprinkles...vote straight Democrat...you deserve all you get.

Dave Hein

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 am 

Let's dance
put on your red shoes and dance the blues

Let's dance
to the song they're playin' on the radio

Let's sway
under the moonlight, this serious moonlight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:30 pm 

Go figure Sparks is voting for a lying scumbag.

And yet he cries when the state tells Lake County to F themselves when they beg for money

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 pm 

I've given the straight ticket Democratic voting push quite a bit of thought lately.
I will NOT pull 10 tomorrow.
I'm as sick of corrupt Lake County Dems as anyone else. Maybe a bit more because I've had the chance to see so much of it, up close.
But I'm not going to over react by voting all Republican. I DO NOT want a bunch of tea baggers representing me in Washington. A number of those folks seem downright crazy to me.
I listened closely to Mark Levya on WJOB today, and didn't hear much about what he will actually do except fight universal healthcare. His solution? AS a self-proclaime tea bagger, tort reform. of course. Which I believe is already in place in Indiana, with no appreciable reduction in health care costs. Certainly not the 50% Levya claims. So it's Pete V. for me this time (again.)
And I'm not crazy about retired lobbyist Dan Coats. I've got to give the Democrat Brad Ellsworth a chance.
But I also don't want to sweep a Democrat into local office who is starting out with a number of strikes against her, like Carol Ann Seaton. Thankfully, Hank Adams is a good, qualified man. His Republican politics don't deter me a bit.
So I'll be picking and choosing in the voting booth, some Dems and some Republicans.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 pm 

freetime wrote:
I've given the straight ticket Democratic voting push quite a bit of thought lately.
I'm as sick of corrupt Lake County Dems as anyone else. Maybe a bit more because I've had the chance to see so much of it, up close.
But I'm not going to over react by voting all Republican. I DO NOT want a bunch of tea baggers representing me in Washington. A number of those folks seem downright crazy to me.
I listened closely to Mark Levya on WJOB today, and didn't hear much about what he will actually do except fight universal healthcare. His solution? AS a self-proclaime tea bagger, tort reform. of course. Which I believe is already in place in Indiana, with no appreciable reduction in health care costs. Certainly not the 50% Levya claims. So it's Pete V. for me this time (again.)
And I'm not crazy about retired lobbyist Dan Coats. I've got to give the Democrat Brad Ellsworth a chance.
But I also don't want to sweep a Democrat into local office who is starting out with a number of strikes against her, like Carol Ann Seaton. Thankfully, Hank Adams is a good, qualified man. His Republican politics don't deter me a bit.
So I'll be picking and choosing in the voting booth, some Dems and some Republicans.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 am 

LoisLane wrote:
Go ahead Sprinkles...vote straight Democrat...you deserve all you get.

(name removed)

Anyone who votes straight Democrat this particular election is nothing but a damned fool. Harsh words, I know. But sometimes the truth is painful.

You have to ask yourself how come Carol Ann Seaton wants this job so bad. Anybody with an ounce of integrity left would have pulled out of the race to let a qualified candidate free from scandal run. But no. This woman not only has no shame but claims she is insulted she was caught in the act, my paraphrase but read the direct quote for yourself in the OP. :roll:

If this is the kind of gutter trash Sparks claims is more worthy of our trust that tells you all you need to know about how he is wired. I'm kind of wondering how, on her salary, this woman can afford 3 homes and 5 cars not to mention the associated expenses like insurance, utilities & all. Maybe she inherited a chunk of cash from daddy? But that would mean she was well aware that the homestead exception was a fraud. Did anyone ever see if her Michigan home had a homestead on it? Who in their right mind thinks this woman is ethical enough to head that office?? As far as I'm concerned NOBODY!

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:35 am 

freetime wrote:

You post troubles me because it shows your only exposure to the Tea Party is what some TV talking head told you to believe. You intentionally used the term Tea Baggers, which is an insult, rather than address your objections specifically. Frankly they are not nut jobs and I have no problem whatsoever with what they are trying to accomplish.

As for the Senate race it means you are putting another vote in Obama's pocket. Have you been asleep for the past 2 years? The Dems voted in lockstep to pass all that crap! Do you truly think that as a freshman Brad Ellsworth - Democrat will be among the very few to cave in on blind Obamism? Because that's about the only way you can justify choosing him. That said good people can indeed disagree on this race.

And what of our good old Congressman Pete? Your gonna vote for him because he's not a Republican? You used to at least be able to say he was scandal free but no more. By all accounts the House is going to change hands so I'm not sure how much pull he's gonna have left. Again good people can disagree on this race but I think it's just time for him to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:45 am 

It was funny this morning to hear Jim and Bertha Vasquez Dedelow make excuses for the Democrats vote straight Democrat commercials on their station. They said the Republicans are doing the same thing. Baloney Jim and Bertha.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 am 

Mirage wrote:

You post troubles me because it shows your only exposure to the Tea Party is what some TV talking head told you to believe. You intentionally used the term Tea Baggers, which is an insult, rather than address your objections specifically. Frankly they are not nut jobs and I have no problem whatsoever with what they are trying to accomplish.

As for the Senate race it means you are putting another vote in Obama's pocket. Have you been asleep for the past 2 years? The Dems voted in lockstep to pass all that crap! Do you truly think that as a freshman Brad Ellsworth - Democrat will be among the very few to cave in on blind Obamism? Because that's about the only way you can justify choosing him. That said good people can indeed disagree on this race.

And what of our good old Congressman Pete? Your gonna vote for him because he's not a Republican? You used to at least be able to say he was scandal free but no more. By all accounts the House is going to change hands so I'm not sure how much pull he's gonna have left. Again good people can disagree on this race but I think it's just time for him to go.

I think these choices go to show how genuinely screwed the United States is. For congress we have a choice of a ethically challenged many term congressman vs a 6 time loser with historically no platform who has suddenly latched on to the tea party as a prayer. We have a democratic congressman running for senator who will definitely follow the democratic path vs a former senator who has the reputation of being bought and paid for. A former lobbyist who had no problem bolting from the state when he retired.

And as much as I despite Pete, I disagree with the power he will be able to keep. As a senior tenured Democrat he has and will continue to hold some very choice committee positions. Right or wrong, he will continue to do what a senior congressman has the power to do. And that is bring home the bacon to his home district.

I really don't think it matters too much what party is in power any longer. The Republicans screwed it up to begin with, they got tossed out because of their handling of the economy. The Democrats have botched it completely and the same mandate is sending them packing. Only to come full circle. In another 2 years of dismal economic performance we will see them packing as well.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 am 

mattlap wrote:
I think these choices go to show how genuinely screwed the United States is. For congress we have a choice of a ethically challenged many term congressman vs a 6 time loser with historically no platform who has suddenly latched on to the tea party as a prayer. We have a democratic congressman running for senator who will definitely follow the democratic path vs a former senator who has the reputation of being bought and paid for. A former lobbyist who had no problem bolting from the state when he retired.

what, in your opinion,... is the democratic path matt?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:03 am 

bigdog wrote:
It was funny this morning to hear Jim and Bertha Vasquez Dedelow make excuses for the Democrats vote straight Democrat commercials on their station. They said the Republicans are doing the same thing. Baloney Jim and Bertha.

There was definitely some heavy-duty water-treading going on there! You could almost feel Juan's undies tightening around his little scrotum. Maybe, just off-camera, Mayor McDermott was about to tear up this month's advertising check.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm 

mattlap wrote:
I really don't think it matters too much what party is in power any longer. The Republicans screwed it up to begin with, they got tossed out because of their handling of the economy. The Democrats have botched it completely and the same mandate is sending them packing. Only to come full circle. In another 2 years of dismal economic performance we will see them packing as well.

Well said Matt...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)