Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Do you see the Bulls returning to elite status anytime soon?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Will the Chicago Bulls ever return to prominence?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:51 pm 

Seems like just yesterday when Michael Jordan stepped off the court and took a piece of our hearts. But it has actually been over 10 years since he retired from the Bulls. Over 10 years of revolving doors for both players and coaches. Over 10 years of organizational mediocrity and underachievement. Yes, over......READ: http://www.examiner.com/x-38570-Chicago-Basketball-Examiner~y2010m4d20-Will-the-Chicago-Bulls-ever-return-to-prominence

Post subject: Re: Will the Chicago Bulls ever return to prominence?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:14 pm 

How many decades of poor performance before Jordan went there? I was excited about the Bulls when Skiles coached, but when he left, I lost interest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 am 

Keep in mind that the glory day Bulls was a bit of a rarity. But as we see a lot of that success can probably be attributed to the coach Phil Jackson who hasn't done too awful since then. ;)

That said I try not to get too excited by so-called pro sports because they seem to be all about the money anymore rather than the Joe 6-pack fans and for all I know the results could be about as on the level as the WWE. :lol:

Did you catch that big deal MLB made over the Devil Rays coach wearing a hoodie sweater under his officially licensed jacket? :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:16 pm 

You're right Karent. Before Jordan got there the Bulls weren't that great, but he just made them soooo good, and so dominant that fans got a little spoiled. Myself included.

Mirage
Yeah, the Zen Master had alot to do with that success.
You're right about pro sports. They've become so much more a business than a game. I want to believe that the results aren't fixed though. I want to believe in the purity of the sport.....Emphasis on WANT
No, I didn't hear about the whole hoodie under the jacket thing in the MLB. It's crazy how worked up these league offices get over nothing nowadays..