Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Male Birth Control Pill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:31 am 

Male pill 'to work in single doses'
Press Association
Monday November 27, 2006 9:33 AM

British scientists are developing a male contraceptive pill which can work in a single dose, it has been claimed.

The pill could be taken hours before sex but allow a man's fertility to return to normal, with no-side effects, within hours, the Daily Mail reported.

The new hormone-free pill is being developed at Kings College London and could be on the market within the next five years, the newspaper claimed.

It is the latest development in continuing work to develop a male pill, as well as other methods such as implants and injections for men.

Earlier this year, research published in The Lancet found that men who take hormonal contraceptives see their sperm levels return to normal about three months after they stop using them.

Last month, it emerged that scientists have been developing a chemical contraceptive that temporarily blocks sperm development without interfering with testosterone levels.

The results of trials on laboratory animals, published in the Nature Medicine journal, had shown the contraceptive effect is reversible, with no apparent long-term side-effects.

According to the Daily Mail, the new pill contains chemicals which prevent ejaculation, without affecting the intensity of the orgasm.

The pill was inspired by observations that some drugs used to treat illnesses such as high blood pressure and schizophrenia can prevent ejaculation, the paper reported.

Scientists then began looking at how the drugs did this, and started creating a pill which could do the same thing, but without side-effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.

The paper said that if the new contraceptive is successful, it could net large amounts of money for Kings College, which owns the rights to the discovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:20 pm 

let's pass it on to the muslim world. it's the only way we'll win the war on terror.

Post subject: Re: New Male Birth Control Pill
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm 

Conversation Starter wrote:
According to the Daily Mail, the new pill contains chemicals which prevent ejaculation, without affecting the intensity of the orgasm.

I don't get that part. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:57 pm 

Expresso66 should take it, but I'd be insulting males to call him a man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 am 
Banned

deelight wrote:
Expresso66 should take it, but I'd be insulting males to call him a man.

Naw, did you hear about the transgender guy who got pregnant? It was on the news a couple days ago.

With Exprazzo, not knowing what the hell he is doing or saying...anything is possible.

I do say, we should slip it in the Mexican's water line. Our world can't afford these amigos.

Post subject: Re: New Male Birth Control Pill
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:24 pm 

:smt006