It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: File under "I'm so glad this tool is off the air"
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:30 pm 

Contract fight shelves Merrillville TV figure
Comments

October 1, 2010
BY BOB KOSTANCZUK, (219) 648-3144

A contract stalemate has led to the cancellation of a television talk show on CLTV hosted by Merrillville resident Garrard McClendon.

Covering topical issues, "Garrard McClendon Live" left the air last week after a run of a little more than two years.

CLTV is owned by the Tribune Co.

"I pretty much worked without a contract for the last nine months," McClendon, 44, said Thursday.

McClendon said there was an "impasse" after the Tribune Co. failed to grant his salary request.

"I would describe it as me not accepting a contract that I felt was too low," the Merrillville resident said. "We never could see eye to eye."

McClendon said his half-hour CLTV show aired Monday through Saturday, with more than 520 live shows being televised in the Chicago area before the end came.

"It's tough, but it was a matter of integrity," McClendon said of the demise of his evening show. "It's time to move on. We're going shopping. I'm looking elsewhere for a television opportunity."

The TV personality indicated he would not mind an opportunity with "national" exposure.(Hope in one hand, and sh*t in the other and tell me which one fills up first)

CLTV's name evolved from Chicagoland Television.

Greg Caputo, news director for WGN-TV/CLTV, said a replacement program for "Garrard McClendon Live" is being planned.

"He decided not to accept the offer that we made," Caputo said in regard to the negotiations with McClendon.

β€œAt the core of liberalism is the spoiled child β€” miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke