Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ATTENTION PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTITIVES
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:15 am 

ATTENTION PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTITIVES:

H. R. 1999:
To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/iss ... &size=full

Contact your House Reps and let them know you are outraged that our tax dollars would fund the people who are behind this illegal alien invasion!!!!!!
This is like funding the KKK! It's a RACIST organization that ONLY SUPPORTS HISPANICS AND THEY SUPPORT HISPANICS OVER ALL OTHER RACES!

It would give them funding in the amounts of:

(1) $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
(2) $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.

IT MUST BE STOPPED! IF WE DO NOT STOP THIS WE WILL BE FUNDING THOSE THAT HAVE DECLARED WAR ON US!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:22 am 
Banned

Folks, don't listen to this guy, Neo~Con Rayden; for La Raza is not a racist organization like the KKK or the republican party. Yes, it has its own interests because of racism from the american anglo public, but it's still a nice little organization. Hey Neo, still selling beef jerky?~~~~ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 am 

I wrote the congressman about what was bad in the immigration bill and this is the repsonse I got from him:

Dear Friend :

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants. I appreciate hearing from you.

I disapprove of the recently introduced Senate proposal, which would implement a guest worker program and would provide amnesty for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants already in the country. Introduced by Sen. Reid, S. 1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, would immediately grant probationary, one-year visas to all illegal immigrants and would take steps to address the green card application backlog. The measure also would increase penalties related to immigration, would require all employers to electronically verify the legal status of new hires, and would require certain border security triggers are met before the new guest worker programs could begin.

Illegal immigrants are breaking the law. Blanket amnesty and guest worker status would only reward them and make illegal entry more appealing to others. Further, the Senate proposal, much like the one offered by President Bush, would allow unscrupulous employers to manipulate the lives of workers who are in the United States illegally and undercut the American labor force. I believe that these proposals would leave immigrants at the mercy of their employers.

Any attempt to solve our country's dysfunctional immigration system must start with increased border security and law enforcement resources. That is why in the 109 th Congress, I supported and the House approved H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005, by a vote of 239 to 182. This measure would have directed the Department of Homeland Security to take all appropriate actions to maintain operational control over the U.S. international land and maritime borders. H.R. 4437 also would have authorized spending for 2,000 new border patrol agents and 8,000 new detention beds per year through Fiscal Year 2010. Further, the measure would have required U.S. businesses to use an electronic database to verify the legal status of all employees. However, the Senate failed to act on this measure prior to the adjournment of the 109 th Congress.

Throughout the immigration debate in America , I think that one of the issues that has not been given enough attention is the number of employers who take advantage of their workers. More than 200,000 businesses are believed to employ illegal workers in the United States . While it is unlawful for an employer to knowingly hire, recruit, or continue to employ an illegal worker, too many fraudulent hirings by businesses are overlooked.

To combat this illegal activity, I supported the House provision in H.R. 4437 that would have required all employers to participate in the Employment Eligibility Verification System. The program has proven that it is an effective business solution to the problem of document fraud. Since its creation in November 1997, approximately 13,000 employers have implemented this system.

While we increase our vigilance and security regarding those who attempt to enter the United States illegally, I believe we must maintain a balance, recognizing the value of legal immigration that can only strengthen our nation and enhance our values of inclusion and democracy worldwide. As a nation of immigrants, we must pursue a responsible immigration policy that will allow us to benefit from the legal influx of new and vibrant people, while ensuring that we do not harm U.S. citizens in the process.

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Peter J. Visclosky
Member of Congress

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:45 pm 
Banned

Chuckamo48, Visclosky is playing YOU for a sucker, and everyone else who falls for his BS jingoism. First of all, beside criticizing what isn't there(there's NO amnesty mention,bud), he does go for a worker program and a legalization process that WILL make all immigrants legal, in TIME! So what the bum handed out to YOU was a play line for suckers, like YOU!~~~~:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:49 pm 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
Chuckamo48, Visclosky is playing YOU for a sucker, and everyone else who falls for his BS jingoism. First of all, beside criticizing what isn't there(there's NO amnesty mention,bud), he does go for a worker program and a legalization process that WILL make all immigrants legal, in TIME! So what the bum handed out to YOU was a play line for suckers, like YOU!~~~~:lol:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:52 pm 
Banned

YOU MAY1846, right? YOU WERE banned form the TIMES forum, so go away, bud. However, I post everyday on the TIMES forum!!!~~ :lol:

Post subject: Re: ATTENTION PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTITIVES
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:00 pm 
Banned

NeoRayden wrote:
ATTENTION PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTITIVES:

H. R. 1999:
To authorize appropriations for assistance for the National Council of La Raza and the Raza Development Fund.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/iss ... &size=full

Contact your House Reps and let them know you are outraged that our tax dollars would fund the people who are behind this illegal alien invasion!!!!!!
This is like funding the KKK! It's a RACIST organization that ONLY SUPPORTS HISPANICS AND THEY SUPPORT HISPANICS OVER ALL OTHER RACES!

It would give them funding in the amounts of:

(1) $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and
(2) $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.

IT MUST BE STOPPED! IF WE DO NOT STOP THIS WE WILL BE FUNDING THOSE THAT HAVE DECLARED WAR ON US!

You ARE THE "WAR." Now he's in POLITICS>