Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: McCain takes lead over Obama: poll
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am 
Banned

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

McCain leads Obama among likely U.S. voters by 46 percent to 41 percent, wiping out Obama's solid 7-point advantage in July and taking his first lead in the monthly Reuters/Zogby poll.

The reversal follows a month of attacks by McCain, who has questioned Obama's experience, criticized his opposition to most new offshore oil drilling and mocked his overseas trip.

The poll was taken Thursday through Saturday as Obama wrapped up a weeklong vacation in Hawaii that ceded the political spotlight to McCain, who seized on Russia's invasion of Georgia to emphasize his foreign policy views.

"There is no doubt the campaign to discredit Obama is paying off for McCain right now," pollster John Zogby said. "This is a significant ebb for Obama."

McCain now has a 9-point edge, 49 percent to 40 percent, over Obama on the critical question of who would be the best manager of the economy -- an issue nearly half of voters said was their top concern in the November 4 presidential election.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080820/ts_ ... olitics_dc

Post subject: Re: McCain takes lead over Obama: poll
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:59 pm 
Banned

Too funny....Here,I'll let Markos explain it to you.....

The big freakout
by kos
Wed Aug 20, 2008 at 10:07:40 AM PDT

So over at the post announcing the launch of my book, I saw a couple of people freaking out -- freaking out!!!! -- that McCain has the lead in some national polls.

So I sauntered over to Pollster.com to see what all the hoopla was about, and clicked through to their national polls page. Then I rolled my eyes when I saw that the poll causing such aneurysms was ....

A Zogby poll.

Some people are frackin' hopeless. Really. At the same time, a new Q-poll has Obama up five, Gallup has him up three (after being tied a couple of days ago), Ras has him up two, as does Bloomberg/Times.

Look, the race is tightening at the national level, but it's much less tight when you look at the state-by-state numbers that, you know, actually decide the presidency. So while it's not exactly a cakewalk, freaking out over single polls from shitty, discredited pollsters like Zogby is pretty pathetic.

We've got the veep announcements and the conventions to get through, and then the race will start in earnest. Be zen. Freaking out over crappy pollsters is just lame. Keep your eye on the composite -- Obama still leads that by 1.4 percent -- and maintain perspective -- McCain has never crossed the 45 percent threshold while Obama bobs between 45 and 50.

I'll be officially worried when McCain shows the ability to break that barrier of support. If he suddenly starts hovering in the upper 40s, then we might have trouble. But ultimately, this is a state-by-state battle. And in the electoral college fight, Obama still has a solid lead -- without even taking into account the ground machine Obama is building (pollsters aren't).
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/20/12179/3917

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post subject: Re: McCain takes lead over Obama: poll
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 pm 

Ohhhh....Back to the hate filled anti-semitic website of dailykos.....

How disgusting.
The Troll doesn't like bad news for the Messiah so he runs to his "safe spot".

McCain gains more every day and if Obasama wouldn't have flipper flopped on his oh so brave, "Any time, any place" BS there would be more debates and the Messiah would be axed tough questions that he would rather not answer.
The only way B. Hussein has a chance is to stay hidden. His latest whine about "questioning" his patriotism isn't working out so well.

The latest poll numbers show that OVER 30% of Americans question his patriotism.

:shock:

That is unheard of for a Presidential nominee.

:smt005