Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: And Now...McCain's VP Will Be -
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:54 am 

Well I broke Obama's 1st here just ahead of the national news services. Hey, the secret was already out really! I can't give you McCain's yet because he hasn't finally decided. But I think it's fair to say he pretty much knows his man or woman.

But let me toss this name out there for consideration - Condie Rice. :shock:

The negatives are it plays to the Bush 3rd term theme. And aside from foreign policy we know nothing of her. But that is also a positive, as is her youth and vigor.

She can go toe to toe with Biden. And by being both black and a woman attack dog Biden can only go so far without looking the bully and making her just look that much better.

But I will say this. If Condie truly were his pick I say he's gotta make the announcement right on the heels of the Springfield press conference not only to steel the Dems thunder but so we don't wind up with another Bambi deer in the headlights situation like we saw with young Dan Quayle. I think his pressure cooker welcome to Presidential level politics might have gone a bit easier had the press more time to digest the announcement. I liked Dan Quayle but he started off on the wrong foot and arguably never really recovered.

My only concern with my #2 choice Gen. Powell would be that I believe he is pro-choice and if he is on the record (seems to me he is) depending on what was said that could cause a problem with conservatives. OTOH in his case if it was a weak statement it might be forgivable just because they already like him.

Regardless of color or gender these 2 would be on my short list. It will be very interesting to see who is actually on McCain's, won't it? :smt003

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: And Now...McCain's VP Will Be -
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:18 am 

I would love to see Rice get the VP.....she is well qualified, has far more experience than Obama, and can speak far better than Obiden.

I'm thinking it might be the Huckabee.
Romney has what it takes but he'll get run out of town on a rail by the "tolerant" lefties. It's OK to sit in church for 20 years and listen to "GOD DAMN AMERICA" but the left draws the line at those "Morman" people.

Even if McCain picks Lieberman, at least our Democrat will still be better than the Democrat's Democrat.....

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:36 am 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
I would love to see Rice get the VP.....she is well qualified, has far more experience than Obama, and can speak far better than Obiden.

From your lips to Grampa's ears! Please,please,please,let that happen.

Quote:
I'm thinking it might be the Huckabee.

HaHaHa...The guy who compared not finding WMD's to missing a few eggs at an Easter egg hunt
Quote:
Romney has what it takes but he'll get run out of town on a rail by the "tolerant" lefties. It's OK to sit in church for 20 years and listen to "GOD DAMN AMERICA" but the left draws the line at those "Morman" people.

We're just jealous of his "magic underwear". Just what Grampa McNopoly needs...a guy richer then himself.

Quote:
Even if McCain picks Lieberman, at least our Democrat will still be better than the Democrat's Democrat.....

Yeah,that ought to go over real big with die-hard winnuts. Might as well face it...you're screwed whoever you choose :D

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 am 

Poor little Troll.....

He can't believe his Messiah picked Obiden of all people....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:40 am 

And Now...McCain's VP Will Be -
I dont know another rich guy? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 am 

FFScott wrote:

Could be Gen. Powell!

And why is that? Is it the link to the Bush administration or does she just excite you. You gonna vote for her? :D

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:43 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
FFScott wrote:

Could be Gen. Powell!

No chance.
Quote:

And why is that? Is it the link to the Bush administration or does she just excite you. You gonna vote for her? :D

Link to Bush,a litany of failures,and there might be questions about her personal life that would makes righties uncomfortable.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 am 

Like what?

Are you referring to that gay guy she was helping?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Like what?

No,the house she owns with another woman. I just saw a report on a poll where 20% of the Repub base would be upset if a woman was on the ticket.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:37 am 

Quote:
No,the house she owns with another woman.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :smt005
I think it would be great if grampa McBush picked Condi, the dems could play the clip of Condi saying:
Quote:
"This is not 1968. And the invasion of Czechoslovakia, where Russia can threaten a neighbor, occupy a capital, and overthrow a government, and get away with it. Things have changed."

Yes, Condi you're too fricken' stupid to figure out the irony in that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:40 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Like what?

No,the house she owns with another woman. I just saw a report on a poll where 20% of the Repub base would be upset if a woman was on the ticket.

OMG A young, black, woman, who is tolerant of gays, and is knowledgeable of world affairs running just when 18 million Democrats are all up in arms that a woman, who is tolerant of gays, and is knowledgeable of world affairs wasn't good enough to be on the Dem ticket and you see this as a golden opportunity for the Dems? If that's true then the Dems outta just come out and say anybody but any Republican ever. Sure doesn't seem to be about the issues or the candidates anymore. Just the party. :P

BTW Condie is not gay. And yes I had heard about the house.

As for 20% of Republicans being "upset if a woman was on the ticket" I don't know which poll you're referring to or how the question were set up but I can only wonder if 50% of Democrats were upset at the prospect of a woman on the ticket. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:47 am 

Yes, Condi you're too fricken' stupid to figure out the irony in that.

You DO know that if Russia invaded Poland we WOULD be going to war no matter who was President, right? Or are you suggesting we pull out of NATO and break the treaty?

But as for Georgia specifically there will be a resolution. I'm sure of that. It might not be a perfect resolution but there will be one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Quote:
BTW Condie is not gay. And yes I had heard about the house.

And you know that,how? I just find it odd that she shares ownership of a home with another female that is not blood related. Now if financial plight was the reason I could see it,but obviously that wouldn't be the case here.

As
Quote:
for 20% of Republicans being "upset if a woman was on the ticket" I don't know which poll you're referring to or how the question were set up but I can only wonder if 50% of Democrats were upset at the prospect of a woman on the ticket. :D

From NBC/NJ's Carrie Dann and NBC's Alex Wall
For all the chatter about the pros and cons of picking a female vice president, a new poll commissioned by Lifetime finds that women are not particularly likely to be influenced by the selection of a lady VP. In the poll, 55% of women say that Obama’s selection of a female running mate would make no difference to their voting choice, and 62% said the same of McCain. (A Republican woman VP could actually hurt McCain. A full 20% responded that they would be LESS likely to support the GOP nominee if he selected a female on the ticket.)
http://tinyurl.com/67x75l

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 am 

And you know that,how? I just find it odd that she shares ownership of a home with another female that is not blood related. Now if financial plight was the reason I could see it,but obviously that wouldn't be the case here.

I could care less if she is. She said she's not and that's good enough for me. Does it matter to you?

But have you priced houses in the DC area? I believe she said this woman was a good friend. So while Condie might not be ready for the poor house the friend probably isn't quite so well off.

Believe it or not there actually are people who aren't so hung up on money and don't mind sharing with good friends. I used to be more of one myself. Ah to be young again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:37 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:

I could care less if she is. She said she's not and that's good enough for me. Does it matter to you?

Not at all. I'd break out the champagne,and start doing handstands & jumping jacks if she were on the ticket. :D

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next