Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: And Now...McCain's VP Will Be -
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:51 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
party42 wrote:
57 huh? Did this make national news or just on you tube? I would be curious to hear more than just this short version. It probably doesn't show that he caught himself and everyone had a good chuckle out of his mistake, including him.

At least no one had to whisper in Obama's ear to correct him,like Joe Lieberman had to when McCain got totally confused on the difference between Sunni & Shia in Iraq.

Listen monkey Most AMERICANS couldn't tell the difference, but most 3rd graders know how many states there are, nice try at changing the subject.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 pm 
Banned

Looks like Barack is getting the "Palin" bounce...woo hoo :smt005 :smt006

September 2, 2008
Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% for First Time
Leads McCain by eight percentage points, 50% to 42%

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 30 through Sept. 1, finds Barack Obama leading the race for president with his highest share of support to date. Fully half of national registered voters now favor Obama for president, while 42% back John McCain.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109960/Gallu ... -Time.aspx

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 pm 

Oh please. Like these pol numbers today mean squat? Let's see how Sarah's speech plays before you start calling her some kind of anchor.

I hear Obiden is coming to Tampa Bay tomorrow to speak on womens' issues. I have half a mind to show up with a poster that says "We want Sarah! You sir, are not Sarah." :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Oh please. Like these pol numbers today mean squat? Let's see how Sarah's speech plays before you start calling her some kind of anchor.

Democrat's get a bounce while the Republicans are having their convention. Too funny!

Quote:
I hear Obiden is coming to Tampa Bay tomorrow to speak on womens' issues. I have half a mind to show up with a poster that says "We want Sarah! You sir, are not Sarah." :lol:

Yeah,well Sarah has been hiding out. She even stiffed her own supporters today. What's she hiding? Maybe not ready for prime time?....

Sarah Palin a no-show at antiabortion event, sparking some ire

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Democrat's get a bounce while the Republicans are having their convention. Too funny!

Quote:

Yeah,well Sarah has been hiding out. She even stiffed her own supporters today. What's she hiding? Maybe not ready for prime time?....

Sarah Palin a no-show at antiabortion event, sparking some ire

Wait until after she speaks before you celebrate. With her looks, she'll pick up all of the straight male swing voters and maybe even a handful of stray lesbians.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 pm 

Whatever. But I have a feeling like most people were, oh I dunno, worried more about a hurricane at the time? Day 1 of the convention was downsized due to a national emergency. Kinda hard to get a "bounce" from that.

OTOH I think President Bush got a slight bounce from his response to the situation and the improved response preparations.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:46 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:

Whatever. But I have a feeling like most people were, oh I dunno, worried more about a hurricane at the time? Day 1 of the convention was downsized due to a national emergency. Kinda hard to get a "bounce" from that.

Ok,but how do you explain Obama improving his lead despite the fact that it was all Republicans on TV and the media wither it was convention or Gustav related.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Ok,but how do you explain Obama improving his lead despite the fact that it was all Republicans on TV and the media wither it was convention or Gustav related.

Gullibility.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 pm 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Gullibility.

Sarah Palin is your new albatross. Oh,and I admit that I'm terrified....Terrified that there won't be enough hours in the day to post all the stuff coming out about her. :P

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Actually in Tampa Bay I think the convention only aired 1 hour yesterday on broadcast TV. And the local newscasts were still fixated on Gustov for most of their time allotment even though the area was not effected at all by the hurricane.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
party42 wrote:
Please name the "57" states. :?

Ask Obama, he is the one who has claimed to have visited them.
(Not including Alaska and Hawaii)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

party42 wrote:
57 huh? Did this make national news or just on you tube? I would be curious to hear more than just this short version. It probably doesn't show that he caught himself and everyone had a good chuckle out of his mistake, including him.

The part that I find most amusing is that you were all ready to deal someone a smack down about the "57 states" until you found out it was Berry that made the gaffe and then immediately, you shifted into making excuses for him.

Believe me, O'Bama and his handlers did NOT have a good chuckle over it, anymore than you did when you found out who said it.

Why not poll some elementary students and see if they know how many states there are?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:04 am 

Well let's see how he got to 57.

Maybe he was counting on Puerto Rico to vote again in favor since he would be President.
Maybe he was counting on Texas exercising it's right to split into 4 states.
OK, that's 54. So where's the other 3? :?:

Aren't there like 57 Arab states? Maybe he left his heart back at the school in Kenya. :P

You know, that's possibly not far from the truth! While WE grew up learning of US government and laws the learning there would be from a different perspective.

But back to topic I think it's funny that Obama truly has not come under the same scrutiny that Sarah already has. Not really at all except for Rev. Wright & Ayers, neither of which is really scrutinizing him directly. And this is troubling. Obama hasn't been too much of a success at anything yet he is running for President based solely on his smooth tongue. Meanwhile Sarah has at least served in executive positions and was a reporter. From what I've seen Barry wasn't even all that good of a community organizer, yet now we are to let him organize cabinets and budgets of massive proportions? :shock:

As others have said, I feel Sarah is more qualified to lead than Barry Obama. At least she knows what her name is. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:58 am 

So here I was at MSN.com and decided to take a peek at the entertainment section. There low & behold is this story about Lindsay Lohan getting all political on her blog.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=329001

But then I read at least what the article cited about the entry -

I've been watching the news all morning, like everyone else — and (I) keep hearing about the issues related to `teen pregnancy.' ... Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place," Lohan wrote.

Lohan suggested Palin "focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden," Democrat Barack Obama's running mate.

"I think that parents need to recognize how important it is to talk to their children about the things that can result from being sexually active if they aren't protecting themselves (birth control, condoms, etc.)," she wrote.

My god! Maybe she's not quite as ditsy as we thought. She hit it right on the head on both issues.

Regarding the 2nd, the home is where such things need to be discussed. Now as to the 1st I hope the Dems keep on making themselves look foolish & petty just a while longer. ;)

-----------------------------

I was curious and went to her blog just to get the full text.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Political Blog

I've been watching the news all morning, like everyone else - and i keep hearing about the issues related to 'teen pregnancy'- It's all related to Sarah Palin and her 17 year old unmarried pregnant daughter. Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter's pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them-if elected. I get Sarah Palin's views against abortion, but i would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what.

Maybe focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden.
See below for Barack Obama's thoughts:
From Alexander Marquardt
CNN
MONROE, Michigan (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama said firmly that families are off-limits in the campaign for president, reacting to news that GOP running mate Sarah Palin's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant.

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Obama said reporters should "back off these kinds of stories" and noted that he was born to an 18-year-old mother.

"How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits." »

On another note-the last note- i heard a woman say on TODAY on NBC that teens are feeling as if they have to grow up faster. Really? Because, i think that girls that are CHOOSING to be sexually active and are making a conscious decision to grow up faster..... I think that parents need to recognize how important it is to talk to their children about the things that can result from being sexually active if they aren't protecting themselves (birth control, condoms, etc.)

So-those are my thoughts for the day. Enjoy the music :) xoxo

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=29730276

About this part: I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter's pregnancy

That's about the only thing I really disagree with. There already were rumors flying around claiming Sarah was pregnant and I think they had then already extended to the daughter rumors. Obviously a lot occurred within the 1st 24 hours of the VP announcement. Still, knowing the campaign press corps she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't make a public statement. She wasn't trying to hide it and it was going to have to be at least reported. I think she did right by just being open about the situation instead of making it look like she was trying to hide it.

In any event, the real problem isn't the fact of the pregnancy but in the reaction to it, which really is Lindsay's point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Yeah,well Sarah has been hiding out. What's she hiding? Maybe not ready for prime time?....

Artie:
Do you still think Sarah is hiding, or has she come out to play?

I'm hoping many people notice the difference in the way Obama and Palin handled criticism.
Sarah Palin came out with grace and humor to fight the horrible lies that had been told about her and her family over the past week.
Obama attempted to implement censorship when the horrible truth was told about him.
Two very different people in the class and character department.

Sarah Palin has shown that she is ready for prime time.
Sarah Palin scares you shitless.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:43 am 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Yeah,well Sarah has been hiding out. What's she hiding? Maybe not ready for prime time?....

Artie:
Do you still think Sarah is hiding, or has she come out to play?

I'm hoping many people notice the difference in the way Obama and Palin handled criticism.
Sarah Palin came out with grace and humor to fight the horrible lies that had been told about her and her family over the past week.
Obama attempted to implement censorship when the horrible truth was told about him.
Two very different people in the class and character department.

Sarah Palin has shown that she is ready for prime time.
Sarah Palin scares you shitless.

Is she scheduled for any Sunday Talk shows? Of course not. Joe Biden appeared the day after he was nominated. Here we're coming to over a week later and "Caribou Barbie" has still not opened herself up to the nationsl or cable media.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next