Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Barack's Acceptance Speech
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 pm 

I've got to say I was a bit disappointed by his speech tonight.
I was expecting something spectacular from him, but I think it was just more of the same old stuff.
It was OK, that's all. I think Bill Clinton did much better yesterday.,
But I dO agree with the message that this country DOES need a change after the Bush debacle. I think Obama is more likely to bring change than McCain.

Post subject: Re: Barack's Acceptance Speech
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:05 pm 

Didn't see it. I was busy watching a football game, of all things. :)

What do you want to change?

The biggest change I'd like to see is Federal income taxes cut in half. I get the feeling that with Obama I'd be lucky to see a 10% decrease in his eventual 50% increase in taxes.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:

The biggest change I'd like to see is Federal income taxes cut in half. I get the feeling that with Obama I'd be lucky to see a 10% decrease in his eventual 50% increase in taxes.

Mirage,It's a shame you missed the speech. You would have heard that Barack Obama will lower taxes for 95% of America.
http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:14 pm 

LMAO

He said it so it must be so! :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Mirage,It's a shame you missed the speech. You would have heard that Barack Obama will lower taxes for 95% of America.
http://www.barackobama.com/taxes/
Mirage wrote:
LMAO

He said it so it must be so! :lol:

In the greatest speech the world has ever heard, didn't Barack bin Obiden say he could never disown the Rev. "God Damn America" Wright...?
Remember..? It was just a few weeks before he disowned him.... :shock:

Methinks B. Hussein will say anything to win. And his Disciple's lap it up even though they know it's not true because what can they do...?
If they don't support the Messiah they are racists and bigots.
Divisive and non-believers who shall be punished when the time is ripe.

Pretty good little scam the One is running.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:26 am 

I too felt the speech lacked the power of persuasion. It did hit the major issues, apparently he pointed out 29 specific things he would do in office. Again, refering to my first comment, I don't know if he convinced me he could do it. I thought Hillary's speech was more powerful, and wonder if the dems are kicking themselves for not putting her up for VP.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 am 
Banned

Gunslinger wrote:
I too felt the speech lacked the power of persuasion. It did hit the major issues, apparently he pointed out 29 specific things he would do in office. Again, refering to my first comment, I don't know if he convinced me he could do it. I thought Hillary's speech was more powerful, and wonder if the dems are kicking themselves for not putting her up for VP.

Hillary as VP would have mobilized all the Clinton haters and energized the Repubs. Biden was the smart choice.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:31 am 

Gunslinger wrote:

Indeed.

Remote Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nA1MwOE86U

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:47 am 

I was hoping for Hillary as the VP pick ever since Obama clinched the prez nomination.
But Biden seems like a good man
I agree her speech was terrific, as was her hubby's.
I'm glad they've made peace for the sake of the party.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 am 

I laugh at how he is claiming he will do things with no new taxes, except for repealing the tax cuts on people earning over $250,000

Only problem? Its not possible, even his advisors had told him that before he made his speech, but his dumbass went ahead and pulled a HW Bush

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:15 am 

mike3775 wrote:
I laugh at how he is claiming he will do things with no new taxes, except for repealing the tax cuts on people earning over $250,000

Only problem? Its not possible, even his advisors had told him that before he made his speech, but his dumbass went ahead and pulled a HW Bush

Don't be silly.
It doesn't matter what Barack bin Obiden is actually going to do.
(Raise TAXES)
It only matters what he says he's going to do.

:(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:22 am 
Banned

mike3775 wrote:

It certainly is possible,especially when you consider that we won't be throwing 10 billion a month down the toilet in Iraq. Obama's tax plan is head and shoulders over McCain's (does he even have one?) and has the support of non-partisan tax policy groups.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:31 am 

Ah, but didn't he kinda change his stance on that last night, he said he called for a time frame to remove our troops, no longer the immediate withdrawal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:44 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

It certainly is possible,especially when you consider that we won't be throwing 10 billion a month down the toilet in Iraq. Obama's tax plan is head and shoulders over McCain's (does he even have one?) and has the support of non-partisan tax policy groups.

He will pull the troops out in 16 months, not immediately, that means another trillion+ dollars gone. then when you add in that he wants to give medical insurance to all but like 14 million people, where is that money going to come from? Let me guess, from the Iraq war funding? Well that will have to wait for 16 months won't it?

I don't care for McCain either. But sorry, at least McCain's policies make some sense, unlike Baracks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am 
Banned

mike3775 wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

He will pull the troops out in 16 months, not immediately, that means another trillion+ dollars gone. then when you add in that he wants to give medical insurance to all but like 14 million people, where is that money going to come from? Let me guess, from the Iraq war funding? Well that will have to wait for 16 months won't it?

Obama pays for his plan in part by raising the top tax rate on capital gains and dividends to 25 percent. McCain lowers the top corporate income tax rate from 35 percent to 25 percent. Obama would raise it from 35 percent now to 39.6 percent.
http://tinyurl.com/6rparf

Quote:
I don't care for McCain either. But sorry, at least McCain's policies make some sense, unlike Baracks

What are McCain's policies other then to continue tax breaks for the rich,oil companies,and corporations?

S&P 500 - 1,342.90