Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is David Plouffe Telling Lies?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:01 am 

Latest Obama-Gram

Subject: Last-minute attacks

In the next 36 hours, the McCain campaign will be pouring millions of dollars -- if not tens of millions -- into negative attack ads against Barack Obama.

Before John McCain accepts the Republican nomination on Thursday, his campaign has to spend every last dollar of primary funds they've raked in from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs.

Just yesterday, they aired a new negative ad in 14 swing states. His campaign manager even admitted that all McCain has to rely on is attacks, saying that for them, "This election is not about issues."

He doesn't want Americans to notice that the Republican platform is the most extreme we've ever seen -- opposing stem cell research, denying a woman's right to choose no matter what the circumstance, and continuing to spend $10 billion a month in Iraq.

With so much at stake, we can't allow another election to be determined by petty and divisive political tactics.

Make a donation of $5 or more to fight back against an unprecedented week of negativity from John McCain.

The McCain campaign is trying to distract voters from the real issues -- so we're going to focus on what they're trying to hide.

They've come out against the life-saving possibilities of stem cell research.

They don't even mention protecting equal pay for equal work.

They support huge tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% of Americans.

They've almost completely ignored the $10 billion we're spending every month in Iraq.

And they make zero exceptions for a woman's right to choose -- even in cases of rape, incest, or to protect the life of the mother.

If that all sounds like more of the same, that's because it is. John McCain is offering a third term of the disastrous Bush agenda, so it's no wonder his campaign would choose to focus on attacks instead of issues.

Please make your donation of $5 or more today:

https://donate.barackobama.com/fightback

I know we've asked a lot from supporters like you recently, and many of you contributed just last week.

But the stakes are high, and there are less than 9 weeks before Election Day. It's going to require unprecedented resources to defeat John McCain and bring about the change America so desperately needs.

Thank you for all you do,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

At the very least he is being misleading.

As a side note, when you click on that linky this is what it says:

Make a Donation Online

At the Republican convention, we saw John McCain's attack squad of negative, cynical politicians lie about Barack Obama and Joe Biden, then attack you for being a part of this campaign.

But worst of all, they insulted the very idea that ordinary people have a role to play in our political process.

Despite what John McCain and his attack squad say, everyday people have the power to build something extraordinary when we come together.

Enough is enough. Make your voice heard loud and clear by making a donation right now.

The funny thing is I not only find McCain's ads and the GOP claims made in the speeches more believable, but to me they seems to be more accurate as well.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Is David Plouffe Telling Lies?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:54 am 

SoObama isn't attacking?

How come a 17 yr old teenaged girl is national news?

How come the R VP pick is being accused of stealing her daughters kid to raise as her own?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 am 

How come the R VP pick is being accused of stealing her daughters kid to raise as her own?

It's not as if Obama's own parentage isn't questionable despite what some say. I'm not entirely convinced he's even technically eligible to run for the office. But that's another matter.

This baby-gate thing doesn't seem to me to be just good hard ball politics. It looks like maybe the Dems have things they want to hide and are just launching attacks to deflect attention from them. Now I appreciate that Barry said it's off limits. But if his attack dogs keep fueling that flame I don't care who keeps hauling water for him he's gonna get burned.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 am 

Oh this is too rich! I was just going over my latest Obama-Grams and was gonna comment on Obiden's but then Obama's was even funnier. He's throwing a tissy fit that he was actually called on his effectiveness as a so-called "community organizer." :lol:

I am posting to this particular thread because after Obama's rose colored commentary old David piggybacked his own message to it. It's a riot! :smt082

Why would the Republicans spend a whole night of their convention attacking ordinary people?

With the nation watching, the Republicans mocked, dismissed, and actually laughed out loud at Americans who engage in community service and organizing.

Our convention was different. We gave the stage to everyday Americans who hunger for change and stepped up to make phone calls, knock on doors, and raise money in small amounts in their communities.

You may have missed it, but we also showed the country a video with the faces and voices of those organizers, volunteers, and donors from every corner of the country.

Watch the video and make a donation of $5 or more now to show that in this election, ordinary people will make their voices heard.

Watch the video now

https://donate.barackobama.com/changevideo

What you didn't hear from the Republicans at their convention is a single new idea about how to make the healthcare system work, get our economy moving for the middle class, or improve education.

Just attacks -- on me, and on you.

But what the McCain attack squad doesn't understand is that people like you -- who devote part of their busy lives to organizing and building their communities -- have the power to change this country.

With your help, that's exactly what we're going to do.

Thank you,

Barack

Donate

-----Original Message-----
Subject: What you just saw

I wasn't planning on sending you something tonight. But if you saw what I saw from the Republican convention, you know that it demands a response.

I saw John McCain's attack squad of negative, cynical politicians. They lied about Barack Obama and Joe Biden, and they attacked you for being a part of this campaign.

But worst of all -- and this deserves to be noted -- they insulted the very idea that ordinary people have a role to play in our political process.

You know that despite what John McCain and his attack squad say, everyday people have the power to build something extraordinary when we come together. Make a donation of $5 or more right now to remind them?

Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Let's clarify something for them right now.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.

And it's no surprise that, after eight years of George Bush, millions of people have found that by coming together in their local communities they can change the course of history. That promise is what our campaign has been about from the beginning.

Throughout our history, ordinary people have made good on America's promise by organizing for change from the bottom up. Community organizing is the foundation of the civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, labor rights, and the 40-hour workweek. And it's happening today in church basements and community centers and living rooms across America.

Meanwhile, we still haven't gotten a single idea during the entire Republican convention about the economy and how to lift a middle class so harmed by the Bush-McCain policies.

It's now clear that John McCain's campaign has decided that desperate lies and personal attacks -- on Barack Obama and on you -- are the only way they can earn a third term for the Bush policies that McCain has supported more than 90 percent of the time.

But you can send a crystal clear message.

Enough is enough. Make your voice heard loud and clear by making a $5 donation right now:

https://donate.barackobama.com/changevideo

Thank you for joining more than 2 million ordinary Americans who refuse to be silenced.

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:16 am 

I don't believe it. My Obama-Grams have stopped. :shock:

Something I said, I hope. :P