Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: convince me
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:41 pm 
Banned

It's not anyone's job here to convince you to vote for. The issues are out there, its up to you to decide.

The world does not revolve around you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm 

born_again wrote:
It's not anyone's job here to convince you to vote for. The issues are out there, its up to you to decide.

So what's with all the crap here that gets posted daily for and against the other candidate if it isn't to convince the other side? Sorry you missed the point here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:59 pm 
Banned

party42 wrote:
born_again wrote:

So what's with all the crap here that gets posted daily for and against the other candidate if it isn't to convince the other side? Sorry you missed the point here.

Republican's Worst Nightmare: An Educated Voter Who Studies the Issues

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:10 pm 

party42 wrote:
born_again wrote:

You haven't been listening. I'm trying to convince you to Vote Democrat.

Things will be just peachy. I wish you all the best.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Vote Democrat.

You should listen to him Party...this is good advice. :smt039

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 pm 

Vote your conscience. Do you want someone who is friends with crooks, terrorists, and who's spouse is unpatriotic, to say the least? Do you want someone who hasn't done anything for the senate district they have been representing for the past 2 years? Do you want more government control over your life, and more taxes? Can you, as a human being, whatever your stance is on abortion, vote for a candidate who refuses to back a proposed law to protect BORN CHILDREN from infanticide? Can you, as a mother, vote for someone who classifies children as "mistakes"? Can you vote for a candidate, who's running mate is an absolute idiot?

Let's do a comparison. McCain was not my first choice, as I thought there were better candidates out there in the running, but compared to what I see on the democratic side, this is a whole lot more than the lesser of 2 evils. McCain is definately a rebel, and does not dance to the tune of the Republican party. He will not be a bobblehead to the Party,like Obama will be to the Democrats. McCain has decades of service to the public, and works with everyone, despite their party affiliation. He is not perfect, but he is the best candidate for president. He is one tough critter, and will not put up with anyones crap. He is definately not wishy-washy, like Obama has been on many issues. McCain tells things like he see's them. His honesty may be brutal, but but he is sincere. Sarah Palin is one heck of a wild card. She does have experience, a lot more than she is given credit for. I would say it is a lot tougher to be a GOVERNER of a WHOLE STATE, than to be a Senator, for a small part of a State. She is a rebel, like McCain, and will buck her own party, if she feels it is in the best interest of her constituents.

I am an INDEPENDANT, who is currently registered as a Democrat. I can see the good and bad on both sides of the fence, politically, as I have absolutely no party loyalties or affiliation, and don't ever want to. I am beholden to no one but my God and myself. I believe, at this point in history, that the election of McCain/Palin is what is best for my country, my family, and myself. I will excersize my right to vote this fall, to elect the people I feel are most qualified, and capable to run my country, and represent us all, in dealings with the world as a whole.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:45 am 
Banned

Tiger1 wrote:
Vote your conscience. Do you want someone who is friends with crooks, terrorists, and who's spouse is unpatriotic, to say the least?

That's a good description of Caribou Barbie.......Friend and assoociate of indicted Senator Ted Stevens R-Alaska and spouse of a man who was a member of a political party that hates America and wants Alaska to secede.

Oh,and did I mention that Palin thinks banning books is ok?....

Palin asked Wasilla librarian about censoring books
By Rindi White / Anchorage Daily News | Thursday, September 4, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | 2008 Pres. Campaign

WASILLA -- Back in 1996, when she first became mayor, Sarah Palin asked the city librarian if she would be all right with censoring library books should she be asked to do so.

According to news coverage at the time, the librarian said she would definitely not be all right with it. A few months later, the librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, got a letter from Palin telling her she was going to be fired. The censorship issue was not mentioned as a reason for the firing. The letter just said the new mayor felt Emmons didn’t fully support her and had to go.

Emmons had been city librarian for seven years and was well liked. After a wave of public support for her, Palin relented and let Emmons keep her job.
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/ ... ormat=text

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Friend and assoociate of indicted Senator Ted Stevens R-Alaska and spouse of a man who was a member of a political party that hates America and wants Alaska to secede.

The troll is going out of his way this morning to prove how stupid and obtuse he is.

Lies, lies, and more lies.
But that's OK because Sarah Palin has terrified the Left and America is getting a nice clear look at the hate and the hate, not to mention the hate, that has found a home in the Democrat Party.

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 am 

So under community standards a city owned library cannot censor books it's leaders feel are inappropriate? Books are banned all the time. It just doesn't make the headlines. There's no law that a city must carry or have access to every book ever published.

Now I don't know which books are being cited. I guess I would have a bit harder time if you were talking about say Catcher in the Rye or something like that. But there's at least a few books I really wouldn't want my tax dollars going for and even if they were donated free I wouldn't even want them on the shelves. You have a right to purchase any book published in the US you want but I have yet to find much value in Playboy or Penthouse magazine, especially in these later years. I don't think tax money should go for such subscriptions either. BTW I think HPL did used to subscribe to Playboy, or at least a version sans the pictures.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:29 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
Vote your conscience. Do you want someone who is friends with crooks, terrorists, and who's spouse is unpatriotic, to say the least? Do you want someone who hasn't done anything for the senate district they have been representing for the past 2 years? Do you want more government control over your life, and more taxes? Can you, as a human being, whatever your stance is on abortion, vote for a candidate who refuses to back a proposed law to protect BORN CHILDREN from infanticide? Can you, as a mother, vote for someone who classifies children as "mistakes"? Can you vote for a candidate, who's running mate is an absolute idiot?

Let's do a comparison. McCain was not my first choice, as I thought there were better candidates out there in the running, but compared to what I see on the democratic side, this is a whole lot more than the lesser of 2 evils. McCain is definately a rebel, and does not dance to the tune of the Republican party. He will not be a bobblehead to the Party,like Obama will be to the Democrats. McCain has decades of service to the public, and works with everyone, despite their party affiliation. He is not perfect, but he is the best candidate for president. He is one tough critter, and will not put up with anyones crap. He is definately not wishy-washy, like Obama has been on many issues. McCain tells things like he see's them. His honesty may be brutal, but but he is sincere. Sarah Palin is one heck of a wild card. She does have experience, a lot more than she is given credit for. I would say it is a lot tougher to be a GOVERNER of a WHOLE STATE, than to be a Senator, for a small part of a State. She is a rebel, like McCain, and will buck her own party, if she feels it is in the best interest of her constituents.

I am an INDEPENDANT, who is currently registered as a Democrat. I can see the good and bad on both sides of the fence, politically, as I have absolutely no party loyalties or affiliation, and don't ever want to. I am beholden to no one but my God and myself. I believe, at this point in history, that the election of McCain/Palin is what is best for my country, my family, and myself. I will excersize my right to vote this fall, to elect the people I feel are most qualified, and capable to run my country, and represent us all, in dealings with the world as a whole.

Thank you Tiger for the time and thought you have put to this post. I will be watching the debates and listening to the reports for the next couple of months just like the rest of the voters.

I heard part of a speech obama gave today and it made a lot of sense. Tried to watch a speech that was suppose to be from McCain but Palin was the only one talking. McCain is the one on the topic of the ticket isn't he?

I remember 3 years ago when Katrina hit and the times board was going nuts with posts about what was being done to help the citizens trapped on their roofs. During one conversation I remember asking where the hell our VP-Cheney was at. I think it was like 3-4 days after the disaster. Anyway, VP-Cheney had yet to be heard from. I was asked by one of the Rep. on that board why we should hear from him anyway. They said he was just a figure head. By that logic, why should we be so concerned about Palin or Biden right now. Go figure, it is just so funny how he or she is not so important when it doesn't fit their needs but look out when it does! It's not just the Rep. but the Dems. too. Keeps a person wondering who they can trust in politics.

Tiger, you made it pretty clear here that you would be voting for McCain. Do you mind if I ask if you voted for Bush? And if you did are you happy with what he has and hasn't done over the past 8 years?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:17 pm 

paul87920 wrote:
Party I too am an undecided voter. I see a few people have tried to be helpful, but most are too wrapped up in their forum fighting (if you aren't with them you're against them). If I come across anything helpful I'll gladly share. I'm going to be making a Snopes post to debunk some of the lies on this forum.

Thanks Paul good to see you on here again. Iv'e already checked out snoops about some of the crap here but I know it would do no good to post what I found. Some people are too stuck in their ways if ya know what I mean. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:22 pm 

Party if you have not noticed, its only the same 3 people basically posting anywhere here about politics

I have not decided who to vote for, both candidates have good idea's that appeal to me, but I do have until Nov to make my decision

The way some are going on here, it makes me wish a Treehouse of Horror situation would occur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:43 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:42 am 

mike3775 wrote:
Party if you have not noticed, its only the same 3 people basically posting anywhere here about politics

I have not decided who to vote for, both candidates have good idea's that appeal to me, but I do have until Nov to make my decision

The way some are going on here, it makes me wish a Treehouse of Horror situation would occur

Yeah I know Mike. Silly me to think the subject of Politics should be in the catagory of Politics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next