Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: convince me
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:28 am 

The 3 are not really posting about politics.

I tried to join in, but was labeled almost immediately by the other side, so why the hell should I continue?

None of the 3 are ever going to change their views at all either.

And the same 3 people are basically saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum in every single thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:53 am 

mike3775 wrote:
The 3 are not really posting about politics.

I tried to join in, but was labeled almost immediately by the other side, so why the hell should I continue?

None of the 3 are ever going to change their views at all either.

And the same 3 people are basically saying the same thing over and over and over ad nauseum in every single thread

I know what you are saying but it is the same way on all the threads where they are concerned. Join in the discussion and don't worry about the name calling. Someday they might grow up. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:05 pm 

party42 wrote:
know what you are saying but it is the same way on all the threads where they are concerned. Join in the discussion and don't worry about the name calling. Someday they might grow up.

LMAO

Sort of like calling me expresso or happy jack a troll or using the term McBush or saying nasty things about Sarah Palin and John McCAin....?

That kind of "name calling"....?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:39 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/0 ... 17048.html

Here are the dates for the upcoming debates for those who are interested.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:51 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:17 am 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
party42 wrote:
know what you are saying but it is the same way on all the threads where they are concerned. Join in the discussion and don't worry about the name calling. Someday they might grow up.

LMAO

Sort of like calling me expresso or happy jack a troll or using the term McBush or saying nasty things about Sarah Palin and John McCAin....?

That kind of "name calling"....?

:lol:

LMAO!

No reply at all!

Maybe arties dead cat has got partys tongue!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:46 am 

Well kids, there is absolutely nothing "political" in the city of Chicago no??

This is helping me to decide whether or not to trust o'bama with the dem political machine by his side. Again, "birds of a feather, flock together".

A Democratic machine in Chicago? Don't be naive
John Kass
4:40 PM CDT, September 6, 2008
ST. PAUL — A Tribune news bulletin of great importance flashed on my electronic slave collar (elitists would call it a BlackBerry) at the Republican National Convention:

There is no Chicago Democratic machine. Mayor Richard Daley says so.

If this is indeed true, and no sane man would ever doubt the mayor, then I might as well kill the stupid idea of writing a Barack O'Bama column.

"I don't know where they get this, I mean, this idea that there is a big Democratic machine going on," the mayor told reporters last week.

John Kass Bio | E-mail | Recent columns

And he didn't mean there was a little Democratic machine, either. Machine? What machine?

He was not purple with rage, hair askew, so he was not in his Mayor Chucky persona. And he was not haughtily invoking his Richard the Shortshanks persona, drawing upon his right as firstborn son of our great, late King Richard the Not-so-Longshanks.

Rather, the current mayor was applying reason. When Republicans dared suggest that Obama was not a mythic reformer riding on a unicorn named Change, but actually some sort of silky creature of the Daley machine (which does not exist), those foolish Republicans were so very wrong.

Daley does not want reporters from the Washington Beltway media establishment to get some stupid idea in their heads. That could ruin things, especially with the Republican ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin ready to play the political reform/machine card on Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Rezko).

The reporters might put on tinfoil hats to shield them from the channeling of Daley/Obama strategist David Axelrod, and such newfound clarity might cause the journalists to wonder, horrified, whether Obama's gentle unicorn is actually named Cosmo and draws a paycheck from the Department of Streets and Sanitation.

Even though Obama probably has this election won—he leads in the critical Electoral College states of Michigan and Pennsylvania—things could change if the media doesn't behave. It's much better for Obama if reporters focus on whether Palin, the governor of Alaska, was truly evil for trying to fire her former brother-in-law, the cop who allegedly Tasered his own 11-year-old stepson.

The Taser story, which will most likely end up on Jerry Springer or Maury Povich, will first be developed by responsible journalists, perhaps with the following headline:

"Palin Nephew: Don't Tase Me, Daddy!"

In the meantime, I know who started this Chicago machine nonsense. The blame belongs to a former federal prosecutor from New York who went after the New York mob and later became that city's mayor: Rudolph Giuliani.

Giuliani gave a little talk before Palin walked out on the convention stage last week, when she became a media star even though she hates the media. Americans forgot Giuliani's words of wisdom. He told several jokes about Obama, like a stand-up comic, before making the big machine reference.

"He [Obama] immersed himself in Chicago machine politics. Then he ran for the state legislature—where nearly 130 times he was unable to make a decision, yes or no," Giuliani mocked. "He simply voted 'present.' As mayor of New York City, I never got a chance to vote 'present.' And you know, when you're president of the United States, you can't just vote 'present.' You must make decisions."

And all the Republicans laughed and laughed, as if they know about decision-making The Chicago Way. How naive can they be?

When Obama is president and the red phone rings at 3 a.m. and Cosmo says that the Russians have put planes in the air, don't worry about it. He'll make a decision. He'll call White House chief of staff Bill Daley. Bill will call Rich. And Rich will call the boss of all the brothers, Michael Daley, the city's top zoning lawyer who'll be running the Justice Department, and a decision will be made. So don't worry.

"I couldn't understand. In 1979, I think I ran for state's attorney as an independent," Daley told reporters in Chicago. "I don't know where we get this, I mean, this idea that there is a big machine going on. Chicago and the metropolitan area is very Democratic and the state is. There's no, this machine, again. I thought it was laughable."

By Daley's reasoning, Obama's first machine patron, state Sen. President Emil Jones (D-ComEd) wasn't part of the machine either, even though for years Jones was double-dipping as a city sewer inspector. According to legend, Jones inspected sewers while wearing a luxurious camel's hair coat and alligator shoes and never got a speck of dirt on his finery.

And all the Daley political hacks in federal prison now, convicted of illegally rigging city jobs to build a giant army of political workers who had to get out the vote to get promotions, they're probably just dreaming. They're not really in prison. They're just having a nightmare. They'll wake up on Nov. 5.

There is no machine. Get it? It's laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:04 pm 

party42 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
Vote your conscience. Do you want someone who is friends with crooks, terrorists, and who's spouse is unpatriotic, to say the least? Do you want someone who hasn't done anything for the senate district they have been representing for the past 2 years? Do you want more government control over your life, and more taxes? Can you, as a human being, whatever your stance is on abortion, vote for a candidate who refuses to back a proposed law to protect BORN CHILDREN from infanticide? Can you, as a mother, vote for someone who classifies children as "mistakes"? Can you vote for a candidate, who's running mate is an absolute idiot?

Let's do a comparison. McCain was not my first choice, as I thought there were better candidates out there in the running, but compared to what I see on the democratic side, this is a whole lot more than the lesser of 2 evils. McCain is definately a rebel, and does not dance to the tune of the Republican party. He will not be a bobblehead to the Party,like Obama will be to the Democrats. McCain has decades of service to the public, and works with everyone, despite their party affiliation. He is not perfect, but he is the best candidate for president. He is one tough critter, and will not put up with anyones crap. He is definately not wishy-washy, like Obama has been on many issues. McCain tells things like he see's them. His honesty may be brutal, but but he is sincere. Sarah Palin is one heck of a wild card. She does have experience, a lot more than she is given credit for. I would say it is a lot tougher to be a GOVERNER of a WHOLE STATE, than to be a Senator, for a small part of a State. She is a rebel, like McCain, and will buck her own party, if she feels it is in the best interest of her constituents.

I am an INDEPENDANT, who is currently registered as a Democrat. I can see the good and bad on both sides of the fence, politically, as I have absolutely no party loyalties or affiliation, and don't ever want to. I am beholden to no one but my God and myself. I believe, at this point in history, that the election of McCain/Palin is what is best for my country, my family, and myself. I will excersize my right to vote this fall, to elect the people I feel are most qualified, and capable to run my country, and represent us all, in dealings with the world as a whole.

Thank you Tiger for the time and thought you have put to this post. I will be watching the debates and listening to the reports for the next couple of months just like the rest of the voters.

I heard part of a speech obama gave today and it made a lot of sense. Tried to watch a speech that was suppose to be from McCain but Palin was the only one talking. McCain is the one on the topic of the ticket isn't he?

I remember 3 years ago when Katrina hit and the times board was going nuts with posts about what was being done to help the citizens trapped on their roofs. During one conversation I remember asking where the hell our VP-Cheney was at. I think it was like 3-4 days after the disaster. Anyway, VP-Cheney had yet to be heard from. I was asked by one of the Rep. on that board why we should hear from him anyway. They said he was just a figure head. By that logic, why should we be so concerned about Palin or Biden right now. Go figure, it is just so funny how he or she is not so important when it doesn't fit their needs but look out when it does! It's not just the Rep. but the Dems. too. Keeps a person wondering who they can trust in politics.

Tiger, you made it pretty clear here that you would be voting for McCain. Do you mind if I ask if you voted for Bush? And if you did are you happy with what he has and hasn't done over the past 8 years?

In the primary I voted D, but I did not vote for anyone for the office of president. I left blank about half the slate. I did vote for Bush 4 years ago. I had to hold my nose while I did it, but his competition was even worse. I am not happy with Bush, and never have been. I didn't like Bush Sr. or Bill Clinton. As far as I am concerned, the last good president we had was Reagan. Before him, Kennedy.

D or R doesn't matter to me. This fall, I will be voting all across the board, D, R, and Libertarian. Some people I have talked to refuse to vote this fall, as they are ticked about Hilary getting "cheated". I think Obama made a HUGE mistake by not slating her as his VP. THAT will probably cost him the election.

I am willing to give McCain/Palin a chance. If I do not like their performance, I will vote for a differant candidate next time around.Right now, they have enough experience and strength between the 2 of them, to maybe turn our country around. BTW, it is about blasted time that a woman was given the opportunity to lead our country. I would have liked to see Elizabeth Dole run, back a few years ago, but the glass ceiling stopped her. Now, the glass ceiling is cracked and falling apart. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:06 pm 

Too funny. Bill Maher said it best." If you don't like what you have been eating for the past 8 years because it has made you sick why would you agree to eat it again for 4 more years?" :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:18 pm 
Banned

party42 wrote:
Too funny. Bill Maher said it best." If you don't like what you have been eating for the past 8 years because it has made you sick why would you agree to eat it again for 4 more years?" :lol:

“We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly.”

Bill Maher

TYPICAL DEMOCRAT LOVING ANOTHER TYPICAL DEMOCRAT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:46 pm 

party42 wrote:

Judge: "Mr. Obama, under what grounds should this court grant your petition for divorce?"

Barack bin Obama: "Yer oner...Bill Maher said it best....."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm 

TYPICAL REPUBLICAN LOVING ANOTHER TYPICAL REPUBLICAN. Some people NEVER learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:56 pm 

USMarine wrote:
party42 wrote:

Judge: "Mr. Obama, under what grounds should this court grant your petition for divorce?"

Barack bin Obama: "Yer oner...Bill Maher said it best....."

That's funny.
Scary to think about, but funny.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEdIoeTdVck&NR=1

Check this out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm 

Next time around, are you nuts? There may not be a next time. OMG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next