Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Has Obama Lost Letterman's Audience?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:06 pm 

So I had Letterman on and during his opening bit he asked who was for Obama. That got good applause. Then he asked who was for McCain - the audience was twice as supportive. :shock:

Holy cow! Either Letterman's audience is going Republican or Obama's bogus attack ads are backfiring big time. :D

And before you bring it up, he asked then who liked Sara Palin and it got about the same applause as Obama. Then he made a few Palin jokes that sorta bombed.

Was this audience just a fluke? No wonder Oprah is too chicken to put the Republicans on her show. The more you see them, the more you like them. So far every Obama commercial I see makes me like him a little less. ;)

BTW Hillary Clinton was in FL speaking for Obama today. I'm not sure if she even mentioned Palin.

Now that California is apparently in play and even NY support for Obama may be floundering if team Obiden can't lock up both Ohio and Pennsylvania I kinda think that's the ballgame. Better luck next time. LOL

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Has Obama Lost Letterman's Audience?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm 

I bet you just turned the volume up as soon as you heard the word Mccain. Therefore it sounded like louder applause to you. :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 am 

Moniker wrote:
I bet you just turned the volume up as soon as you heard the word Mccain. Therefore it sounded like louder applause to you. :smt005

You would lose that bet.

And I think this was actually before Barry the Bomber proved himself to the world to be a Male Chauvinist Pig. Have you heard his non-apologies on that? The more he tries to talk his way out of it the dumber he sounds. No wonder he is losing disciples by the droves.

If he had come out and said he was just tired and meant to say his opponent's positions were the pig I could have accepted that. McCain has said as much about some Hillary Clinton proposals. But he was clearly speaking to specific proposals and policies, not about the person. Instead Obama later "clarified" to say Palin was the lipstick and McCain was the pig. To me that's even worse!

I said back before so many political pundits started weighing in that he was probably referring to the ticket, not to Palin specifically. But now it seems Barry is proving me wrong by his "If I meant to say it on purpose [McCain would be the pig]" statement.

:roll:

Like I said before this guy shouldn't even be a US Senator, much less the President. He's just too green to know what the heck he's doing. And now this same concern seems evident even among liberal leaning TV audiences.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:06 am 

Looks like a lot of women aren't too thrilled with Oprah either. She's being boycotted.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/9/9/380861.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Moniker wrote:

You would lose that bet.

And I think this was actually before Barry the Bomber proved himself to the world to be a Male Chauvinist Pig. Have you heard his non-apologies on that? The more he tries to talk his way out of it the dumber he sounds. No wonder he is losing disciples by the droves.

If he had come out and said he was just tired and meant to say his opponent's positions were the pig I could have accepted that. McCain has said as much about some Hillary Clinton proposals. But he was clearly speaking to specific proposals and policies, not about the person. Instead Obama later "clarified" to say Palin was the lipstick and McCain was the pig. To me that's even worse!

I said back before so many political pundits started weighing in that he was probably referring to the ticket, not to Palin specifically. But now it seems Barry is proving me wrong by his "If I meant to say it on purpose [McCain would be the pig]" statement.

:roll:

Like I said before this guy shouldn't even be a US Senator, much less the President. He's just too green to know what the heck he's doing. And now this same concern seems evident even among liberal leaning TV audiences.

That remark about the lipsticck was taken entirely out of context. It's a non-issue, IMO. I suspect most open-minded women KNOW that.
Obama was referring to McCain's economic policy, NOT Palin.
He says it is just more of Bush, but with lipstick on it.
Makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm 

Quote:
That remark about the lipsticck was taken entirely out of context. It's a non-issue, IMO. I suspect most open-minded women KNOW that.
Obama was referring to McCain's economic policy, NOT Palin.
He says it is just more of Bush, but with lipstick on it.

The point being why did he say it. After the remark Palin said about bulldogs and lipstick. It has not been taken out of context. Why did he quote anything with the word lipstick in it? That was the only quote he could come up with? He knew when he said it, what it was aimed at, and it wasn't aimed solely at Bush. Gimme a break.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:38 pm 

I'm not actually as concerned that he said it as I am WHY he said it and why his "clarifications" seem worse than what he said in the first place.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was tired and it didn't come out as well crafted as he might have liked. But now he's just showing me that he's a numskull.