Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Obama on Right to Privacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 pm 

I received a very troubling Obama-Gram today.

There's so much at stake in this election -- fixing our economy, solving the energy crisis, dealing with climate change, and restoring America's position in the world.

You and I know that. But John McCain is trying to distract voters from the real issues. And he's willing to take the low road by making cheap personal attacks and lying outright about Barack and his record.

It's up to each of us to talk to voters across the country and make sure they know what this election is really about -- especially in a battleground state like yours.

We have an exciting new tool called Neighbor to Neighbor that makes it easy to talk to potential supporters in your community about Barack and the issues that matter.

Help get the conversation back on track today by knocking on doors or making phone calls.

Nothing is more powerful than having undecided voters hear from ordinary people. And right now, that's needed more than ever.

No prior experience is required. Neighbor to Neighbor gives you a list of potential supporters, suggested topics to talk about, and an easy way to report back on who you've contacted.

With less than eight weeks until Election Day, we can't allow voters to lose focus on the big issues and get swept up by the smears and lies coming out of the McCain campaign.

Reach out to fellow voters now and grow this movement for change:

http://my.barackobama.com/n2n

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Carson
National Field Director
Obama for America

Now you realize my only qualification to receive this message was to provide an email address and zip code to be informed of his VP pick, right? Now he's ready to just give me people's names and addresses and phone numbers? :shock:

Is Barry really that desperate? :?:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Obama on Right to Privacy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:05 pm 

I really don't understand what you're whining about & what is so "troubling."

What's "troubling"?...that Obama's going to be the next president?
Quote:
Now he's ready to just give me people's names and addresses and phone numbers?

Yeah, so what.
You can get them out of phone book too you know.

Last edited by edge540 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:07 pm 

edge540 wrote:

What's "troubling"?...that Obama's going to be the next presedent?

Let's hope he can spell "President"...yes?

Maybe someone should axe him.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:34 pm 

edge540 wrote:

What's "troubling"?...that Obama's going to be the next president?
Quote:
Now he's ready to just give me people's names and addresses and phone numbers?

Yeah, so what.
You can get them out of phone book too you know.

Not true! Not anymore. I only have 1 number listed in the phone book, and that's only because I wanted there to be 1 public number but I hardly ever even use it for anything but outgoing calls. I could have opted out. We don't know where these numbers came from. Perhaps these are the numbers he gleaned from the supposed first announcement message? I'm not even a Dem and I've gotten like 100 emails from that joke. Thank god I didn't give him my cell number to eat up my airtime!

It doesn't seem very likely to me that Obama will win. Keep dreaming. God help us if he does.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:41 pm 

Mirage wrote:
We don't know where these numbers came from.

That's right. You don't know where the numbers came from. However you are all ready to instigate some sort of speculation on Obama's position on a citizen's right to privacy. Kinda desparate don't cha think?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:54 pm 

Now, Deelight, what's it called when Jehova Witnesses come knocking on your door, and tries to convince you if you don't join them, you go to hell.

Don't you feel just silly answering that door, being approached by strangers while your in the midst of something...and they are imposing on your life?

The point I am trying to make is, Mr. Obama must be desperate to ask people in this day and age, to go knocking on doors for him. Sounds kind of desperate to me. I wouldn't do it for him or Mr. McCain.

They have millions to spend, but want you to do the dirty work for them, and impose on people's privacy, and thump for them? Nada.

Even so, the point is, privacy. I wouldn't try to convince anyone to vote for anyone. It's a private matter. I'm not gonna be banging on friends or neighbors doors and do their dirty work. NO WAY.

If they got my number, I would feel violated.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:28 pm 

Sunnysideup! wrote:
Now, Deelight, what's it called when Jehova Witnesses come knocking on your door, and tries to convince you if you don't join them, you go to hell.

I always tell them "Thanks, but I already have one religion I'm not practicing."

β€œAt the core of liberalism is the spoiled child β€” miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:27 pm 

deelight wrote:
Mirage wrote:
We don't know where these numbers came from.

That's right. You don't know where the numbers came from. However you are all ready to instigate some sort of speculation on Obama's position on a citizen's right to privacy. Kinda desparate don't cha think?

Absolutely! Where did he get these private numbers, names, and addresses? :x

Sorta like we don't really know where all this loot in coming from for his campaign.

I am having serious concerns about the Obama campaign, as should you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:53 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Sorta like we don't really know where all this loot in coming from for his campaign.

Like I've told you for months....individual donors.
Quote:
I am having serious concerns about the Obama campaign, as should you!

Thanks,We appreciate your concern.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:56 am 

Like I've told you for months....individual donors.

Would they include Hillary's old Chinatown donors? Like $5,000 coming from an illegal working as a dishwasher. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 am 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... 5137.story