Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: McCain's Thirteen Cars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:46 pm 
Banned

Remind me again....Who's the elitist?....

McCain's Thirteen Cars
by MissLaura
Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 07:35:22 PM PDT

If you're John McCain, you know you're losing your Man of the People image when Newsweek begins a story:

Quote:
When you have seven homes, that's a lot of garages to fill. After the fuss over the number of residences owned by the two presidential nominees, NEWSWEEK looked into the candidates' cars. And based on public vehicle-registration records, here's the score. John and Cindy McCain: 13. Barack and Michelle Obama: one.

Not to mention when it closes by noting that the car your wife actually drives isn't even registered in her name, but in that of her massive beer distributorship.

But, uh, Obama is elitist because, uh, look over there! Arugula!!!
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/ ... 502/605632

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

Post subject: Re: McCain's Thirteen Cars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:53 pm 

I'm sorry but owning stuff doesn't make you an elitist. Thinking you own the whole country, like Barry appears to, however is VERY elitist. Have you seen all the stuff Obama wants to do with MY money? :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:57 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
I'm sorry but owning stuff doesn't make you an elitist. Thinking you own the whole country, like Barry appears to, however is VERY elitist. Have you seen all the stuff Obama wants to do with MY money? :roll:

Really? Bush is the guy bailing out Wall St fir trillions and McCain votes with him 95% of the time.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:15 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Really? Bush is the guy bailing out Wall St fir trillions and McCain votes with him 95% of the time.

So far there's not been a vote on this. But are you saying Obama is voting against it?

BTW I'm not too hot on this bailout stuff myself. But Obama hasn't come up with any alternatives himself yet that I've heard of, so I have to assume he doesn't have any.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:49 am 
Banned

Artie60438 wrote:

LOL

The troll derails his own thread!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 am 

Obama shows off his plane...

Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama boards his campaign plane in Kansas City, Missouri, August 26, 2008.
(Jim Young/Reuters)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 am 
Banned

"Contradict"? I prefer the term "lie"....

Newsweek: Vehicle Records of McCain's 13 Cars Contradict His Boast About Buying American

Last update: 6:57 p.m. EDT Sept. 21, 2008
DETROIT, Sept 21, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Today Newsweek reported that John McCain owns 13 cars - and that contrary to what McCain said in a recent TV interview, the fleet includes three foreign cars. The report shows that McCain wasn't being honest with voters during a recent interview with WXYZ TV in Detroit when he said: "I've bought American literally all my life, and I'm proud."
McCain made the comments while defending his purchase of foreign hybrid vehicle - a purchase he denied making despite having bragged about it in South Carolina last year.
In addition to the foreign hybrid he bragged about last year, Newsweek reports that McCain's fleet of 13 vehicles includes a Lexus, a 2005 Volkswagen convertible, and a 2001 Honda sedan.
In a conference call today to respond to the latest news of John McCain not being straight with working families, United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger said:
"In an interview a few weeks ago with a Detroit TV station, John McCain said, and I quote, "I've bought American literally all my life, and I'm proud." That may be a nice campaign line, but it turns out that John McCain wasn't being straight with the people of Detroit-in fact, John McCain owns 13 cars, including a foreign made Lexus, a Volkswagen, and a Honda Sedan-on top of the Toyota Prius that he bragged about buying just last year. People are free to buy any kind of car they want-that isn't the issue here. What is the issue is that the American auto industry, and American voters, deserve a president who will be straight with them. If we can't trust John McCain on something as simple as what kind of cars he owns, how can we trust him when he talks about investing in American jobs. "Buy American" can't just be a slogan that John McCain rolls out when he is in Michigan. It's insulting to our members. We need a president who's committed to rebuilding the auto industry here America, not a President who buys foreign cars and then lies about when he thinks autoworkers are watching."
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/n ... aspx?guid={1C9C67CF-56B2-4B82-8350-CF9930BF0D90}&dist=hppr

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Contradict"? I prefer the term "lie"....

I'm sure you do. :lol:

Brian Rogers, a spokesman for McCain, said "Barack Obama is more interested in childish political attacks than confronting the reality that his plans to raise taxes and close off trade will kill our American auto industry and the jobs of hardworking folks in Michigan and all around our nation."

Rogers also said McCain was referring to his own car in the WXYZ interview: "He drives a Cadillac today and has always driven American cars," Rogers said.

Thanks for playing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 am 
Banned

Artie60438 wrote:
Remind me again....Who's the elitist?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:49 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
"Contradict"? I prefer the term "lie"....

Newsweek: Vehicle Records of McCain's 13 Cars Contradict His Boast About Buying American

Last update: 6:57 p.m. EDT Sept. 21, 2008
DETROIT, Sept 21, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Today Newsweek reported that John McCain owns 13 cars - and that contrary to what McCain said in a recent TV interview, the fleet includes three foreign cars. The report shows that McCain wasn't being honest with voters during a recent interview with WXYZ TV in Detroit when he said: "I've bought American literally all my life, and I'm proud."
McCain made the comments while defending his purchase of foreign hybrid vehicle - a purchase he denied making despite having bragged about it in South Carolina last year.
In addition to the foreign hybrid he bragged about last year, Newsweek reports that McCain's fleet of 13 vehicles includes a Lexus, a 2005 Volkswagen convertible, and a 2001 Honda sedan.
In a conference call today to respond to the latest news of John McCain not being straight with working families, United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger said:
"In an interview a few weeks ago with a Detroit TV station, John McCain said, and I quote, "I've bought American literally all my life, and I'm proud." That may be a nice campaign line, but it turns out that John McCain wasn't being straight with the people of Detroit-in fact, John McCain owns 13 cars, including a foreign made Lexus, a Volkswagen, and a Honda Sedan-on top of the Toyota Prius that he bragged about buying just last year. People are free to buy any kind of car they want-that isn't the issue here. What is the issue is that the American auto industry, and American voters, deserve a president who will be straight with them. If we can't trust John McCain on something as simple as what kind of cars he owns, how can we trust him when he talks about investing in American jobs. "Buy American" can't just be a slogan that John McCain rolls out when he is in Michigan. It's insulting to our members. We need a president who's committed to rebuilding the auto industry here America, not a President who buys foreign cars and then lies about when he thinks autoworkers are watching."
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/n ... aspx?guid={1C9C67CF-56B2-4B82-8350-CF9930BF0D90}&dist=hppr

Nobody but you cares.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:03 am 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Contradict"? I prefer the term "lie"....

I'm sure you do. :lol:

[i][b]Brian Rogers, a spokesman for McCain, said "Barack Obama is more interested in childish political attacks than confronting the reality that his plans to raise taxes and close off trade will kill our American auto industry and the jobs of hardworking folks in Michigan and all around our nation."

From the same crew that thought that the "lipstick on a pig" remark was a big deal.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:32 am 
Banned

Artie60438 wrote:

From the same crew that thought that the "lipstick on a pig" remark was a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 pm 

I think it's weirder in this day and age to only have one car! We have 5 (including the dead Toyota next to the garage!)

KarenT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:27 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Remind me again....Who's the elitist?....

McCain's Thirteen Cars
by MissLaura
Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 07:35:22 PM PDT

If you're John McCain, you know you're losing your Man of the People image when Newsweek begins a story:

Quote:
When you have seven homes, that's a lot of garages to fill. After the fuss over the number of residences owned by the two presidential nominees, NEWSWEEK looked into the candidates' cars. And based on public vehicle-registration records, here's the score. John and Cindy McCain: 13. Barack and Michelle Obama: one.

Not to mention when it closes by noting that the car your wife actually drives isn't even registered in her name, but in that of her massive beer distributorship.

But, uh, Obama is elitist because, uh, look over there! Arugula!!!
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/ ... 502/605632

You probably shouldn't start a thread on the subject of 'elitism' until you actually understand what elitism is.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm 
Banned

S&P 500 - 1,342.90