Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LC Judge Defies State & Federal Authority - Big Surprise
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 pm 

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/1 ... ogcomments

My take?

Here we go again with LC judges making up their own rules. I think it's just despicable that the Dems will go to these lengths to outright steal an election against the will of the people. These allegations against ACORN and others deeply trouble me and I have nothing but complete disdain for the Dems for not putting a stop to this kind of crap from within their party. How about a little moral fortitude for a change?

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: LC Judge Defies State & Federal Authority - Big Surprise
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm 
Banned

How about the Republicans stop trying to suppress the vote?

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:56 pm 

The point being the Indiana State Consitution is being violated. Who cares which party is pointing it out. The consitution is what needs to be followed.

IC 3-11-10-26.3
Satellite offices
Sec. 26.3. (a) A county election board may adopt a resolution to authorize the circuit court clerk to establish satellite offices in the county where voters may cast absentee ballots before an absentee voter board.
(b) To be adopted under this section, a resolution must be adopted by the unanimous vote of the board's entire membership.
(c) A resolution adopted under this section must do the following:
(1) State the locations of the satellite offices.
(2) State the hours at which absentee voting may occur at the satellite offices.
(d) The resolution may contain other provisions the board considers useful.
(e) If a resolution is adopted under this section, the procedure for casting an absentee ballot at a satellite office must, except as provided in this section, be substantially the same as the procedure for casting an absentee ballot in the office of the circuit court clerk.
As added by P.L.167-2001, SEC.8 and P.L.199-2001, SEC.24.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:56 am 

Artie60438 wrote:

Suppressing the vote?

let's see what the dumbocrats do to the military overseas like they did in 04...

GFY Artie..how about the democrats cease with the massive registration fraud...

Notice anything about the early voting sites on the news yesterday?

All blacks....do these people even work?..I doubt it..and why is there not an early voting place in Chesterton...or say Lake Village or DeMott?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:46 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:

Notice anything about the early voting sites on the news yesterday?

All blacks....do these people even work?..I doubt it..and why is there not an early voting place in Chesterton...or say Lake Village or DeMott?

A person I know was at the government center yesterday and the same situation. So Rudy's remark on the news was true, he did bus them to the government center. Also I would like to know why, in all the years of presidential elections was no satellite voting sites opened up in these places before? Same people, same situation exist there as any other election year. It couldn't be that because a African American is running for president that they have decided this year to vote? Could it? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

No, it's the Dems being a victim of their own success. Because they ran most Republicans out of northern Lake County there aren't enough left to man the polls, which is the whole problem. As has been cited, and as I'm sure you already knew, the issue is there are not enough poll workers available for all the satellite offices as mandated by state law. I see the south LC Dems didn't refuse to man the polls claiming it was unfair to have any satellite offices open if all were not open.

On a similar note an interesting fact came to my attention recently that not all states cross check voter registration. Some do. Technically, someone could vote in several states and not get caught. Yet some folks are still griping about the photo id requirement in some states. You would think that by now we could ensure one person, one vote. What do we have to do? Start using indelible ink at the polls? :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.