Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2008 Election Results Already Tainted by Fraud
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 pm 

A news report from ABC Tampa reports at least one man is guilty of voting in both FL and Georgia. It is thought that after this election all states will have to crosscheck nationally for duplicate voters but you now have to wonder how many of these early voters voted 2 or more times. :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: 2008 Election Results Already Tainted by Fraud
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 pm 
Banned

Lining up your excuses early?

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 pm 

Mirage wrote:
A news report from ABC Tampa reports at least one man is guilty of voting in both FL and Georgia. It is thought that after this election all states will have to crosscheck nationally for duplicate voters but you now have to wonder how many of these early voters voted 2 or more times. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm 

Forget excuses. I have never seen winning at all costs as a game. Wrong is still wrong.

But if Obama wins and the Dems get a bulletproof Congress I am certain that if the next election is a fair one there probably won't be more than 50 Dems left in the House after the 2010 election and 2 years later expect a GOP landslide. OTOH the country will probably be beyond recovery by then.

I guess that's how the antichrist will take over the world, since we won't be in much of a position globally to stop his agenda. Get ready for your subdurmal chip requirement to buy or sell! But I'm sure they'll claim it's just for "your protection" like they are doing with the RFID chip in your driver's license required even to ride a bus or enter a Federal building. ;)

What scares me though is I see no reason why Obama could necessarily be excluded from being the antichrist of the Bible. Not saying that he is. Only saying that no previous President even could have been him due to disqualifies.

But regardless of an religous considerations I just don't like what he's proposed so far period and sadly feel sure that if enacted the end results of his plans will be a total financial disaster in addition to social liberties and freedoms which will no doubt be lost.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Forget excuses. I have never seen winning at all costs as a game. Wrong is still wrong.

But if Obama wins and the Dems get a bulletproof Congress I am certain that if the next election is a fair one there probably won't be more than 50 Dems left in the House after the 2010 election and 2 years later expect a GOP landslide. OTOH the country will probably be beyond recovery by then.

I've got news for you. 2010 looks even worse for Repubs than this year in terms of who's defending more seats. Who's going to lead your party? Sarah Palin? Welcome to the beginning of your permanent minority.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:43 am 

Mirage wrote:

Just look at Barry the Bomber and who he associates with......

Criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, Farrakhan.....

It's who they are and it's how they operate.

They will say and do anything to win.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:46 am 
Banned

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 am 

Artie likes the look of Barry the Bomber with no shirt on....... :shock:

Typical.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:39 am 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I've got news for you. 2010 looks even worse for Repubs than this year in terms of who's defending more seats. Who's going to lead your party? Sarah Palin? Welcome to the beginning of your permanent minority.

How can 2010 look better already when the people haven't lived under the tyrannical rule for 2 years yet? :shock:

If Obama gets his bulletproof Congress to rubberstamp his ideas it is going to put a bitter taste in most everyone's mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am 

Just got back from voting...had to wait 45 min....half the machines we had there during the primaries are gone. Someone asked where they were and we were told they were sent to East Chicago....

heard a couple of instances already of this in South County...

IS THIS TRUE?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 am 

Bye-Bye..... :smt005

And a BIG Thank You to the Huffington Post for making it all possible.

Professor ousted after tearing down McCain yard signs

The St. Olaf (Minn.) professor who recounted tearing down McCain campaign signs in a well-read Huffington Post item has resigned.

Per the Northfield News, it appears that Philip Busse was forced out the St. Olaf College professor who admitted to stealing campaign signs in a national political blog read by millions, has resigned.

St. Olaf spokesman David Gonnerman issued the following statement Monday afternoon:

"The St. Olaf College administration first learned of Phil Busse's self-admitted theft and destruction of campaign signs on the morning of Oct. 31 as a result of his posting on the Internet.

"The St. Olaf administration immediately referred the matter to local law enforcement authorities and commenced an investigation of its own.

"Mr. Busse has tendered his resignation and is no longer affiliated with St. Olaf College.

Busse has been charged with misdemeanor theft.

By Jonathan Martin 10:24 AM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanm ... signs.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 am 
Banned

Paid GOP workers say they misled Wis. voters
Tue Nov 4, 3:29 am ET

MADISON, Wis. – Four employees hired by a temporary staffing agency to encourage absentee voting for Republican presidential candidate John McCain say they were instructed to tell people they were GOP volunteers.

Kevin Kennedy, director of the state's Government Accountability Board, said he received complaints that the workers were told to mislead voters into believing they were volunteers. The complaints have been forwarded to local district attorneys, he said, but it's unclear whether the alleged deception would be a crime.

The employees told The Associated Press on Monday they were hired by Allstaff Labor Group to go door to door in the Milwaukee suburbs locating McCain supporters and distributing absentee ballot request forms. Allstaff recruited them under a contract with a consulting firm hired by the Republican Party of Wisconsin to run its absentee ballot program.

The workers claim they were told to say they were GOP volunteers even though they were getting paid $10 an hour. They were required to sign agreements stating they would not publicly discuss their work but said they decided to speak out because they were angry they had not been paid for the last few days. They claim they are owed between $200 and $300.

GOP spokeswoman Kirsten Kukowski confirmed there was a dispute over how many hours the employees worked and said the party's vendor was working to resolve it.

She said the workers spent three weeks distributing the forms to McCain supporters around the state. The program's managers were instructed to "accurately represent the program" to the workers, Kukowski said.

The paid employees, who were working at GOP offices alongside volunteers, may have picked up scripts intended for volunteers, she said.

"We did not instruct them to misrepresent themselves," Kukowski wrote in an e-mail.

Allstaff representatives did not return phone messages seeking comment.

The agency was only one of many hired by GOP consulting firm Lincoln Strategy Group to run the party's absentee ballot request distribution program.

"I told the Republican Party and Allstaff I wanted to know why we were lying to these residents," said Loyalty Dixon, 26, who worked in Waukesha for about two weeks. "I said, `Isn't that fraudulent?' They didn't give me a good explanation. They said, `You guys know you're getting paid. Don't worry about it.'"

She recalled getting praised by people for being a McCain supporter. Some even asked whether she was getting paid, she said.

"We had to lie to these people and say we were volunteers," she said.

Three other employees shared similar stories.

"They had us say, `I'm volunteering for the Republican Party of Wisconsin," said Marquis Mayes, 23. "I asked them, why would we say we were volunteers and we're not? They didn't have an answer for that."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081104/ap_ ... kers/print

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:03 am 

USMarine wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Just look at Barry the Bomber and who he associates with......

Criminals, terrorists, drug dealers, Farrakhan.....

It's who they are and it's how they operate.

They will say and do anything to win.

That reminds me. Obama gave a news conference later in the day after learning of his grandmother's passing and made the statement that he had made all the right arguments to win. This sentiment troubles me greatly!

History has shown us that having the right argument does not always produce the right results. As an unrelated example Chamberlin made all the right arguments against going to war with Germany at that time, yet we have to wonder if that really was the right choice in the end. But had England entered the war earlier Hitler could arguably have been stopped then. Ultimately the bombing of Pearl Harbor drug us into the war despite most Americans wanting to stay out of what was perceived as an European war because Hitler's propaganda machine made all the right arguments as to why it wasn't our affair. So it wasn't the power of the pen but the impact of Japanese attack that brought us into the war and forever changed the world.

Or maybe it just rubs me wrong that Obama seems to think he's somehow entitled to win due to his rhetoric. Well never mind that mere political statements do not entitle anyone to anything, especially with no track record to back up those words. So if ANYONE were "entitled" to be President I would think it would be a war hero with a long distinguished record of serving in the Congress and on that basis you would have to vote for McCain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:13 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
How can 2010 look better already when the people haven't lived under the tyrannical rule for 2 years yet? :shock:

If Obama gets his bulletproof Congress to rubberstamp his ideas it is going to put a bitter taste in most everyone's mouth.

You're going to be defending more seats again,I believe. Childrens health care,equal pay,ending the war,getting the economy back on track,to name a few are going to help us enlarge our majority.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:15 am 

Poor artie didn't get the memo..... :smt005

His Messiah has already tried to tell people that they are expecting too much.

Too funny...dailykos must not have posted it.