Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:21 pm 
Banned

AirCop: In the bush? Yeah, Yeah, me too, with the 101st Abn Div., I Corp, A-Shau Valley, 1968-69..............it wa a B...h! I was an RTO with B Co. 2/506th Infantry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:21 pm 
Banned

AirCop: In the bush? Yeah, Yeah, me too, with the 101st Abn Div., I Corp, A-Shau Valley, 1968-69..............it wa a B...h! I was an RTO with B Co. 2/506th Infantry. Screaming Eagles!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:31 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
AirCop: In the bush? Yeah, Yeah, me too, with the 101st Abn Div., I Corp, A-Shau Valley, 1968-69..............it wa a B...h! I was an RTO with B Co. 2/506th Infantry. Screaming Eagles!!!

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you being in the Nam, I was just kind of shocked that you printed you wouldn't support our troops until they returned from Iraq. I will support them while they are there and when they return. Fighting unpopular wars are very hard, especially if our citizens don't support them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:14 pm 

aircop wrote:
Neo call it what you want, it doesn't matter to those who are fighting it. I fought in Vietnam, and was told by non vets that it wasn't a war it was just a conflict. In my opinion it was a war, there were people over there trying to kill me.

Sorry to sound like an a$$hole but... duh I would try to kill you to if you invaded my home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:52 pm 
Banned

Neo, you have a point there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:26 pm 

NeoRayden wrote:
aircop wrote:
Neo call it what you want, it doesn't matter to those who are fighting it. I fought in Vietnam, and was told by non vets that it wasn't a war it was just a conflict. In my opinion it was a war, there were people over there trying to kill me.

Sorry to sound like an a$$hole but... duh I would try to kill you to if you invaded my home.

That would be fine with me, then you could see how efficient a killing machine I was in the War. By the way do you have have slanted eyes and go by the name of charley? Anyway I doubt that you would try and kill anyone you sound like a pacifist. Just sit back and let the real soldiers fight the wars. I expect folks like you to keep us out of dumb ass wars. My friend that is a compliment to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:18 am 

The Highlander wrote:
This will probably be my last post in this idiotic board. I just spent 30 minutes giving detailed answers to all of your replies and the board ate it up after I thought I had posted it.

Down below I will give you a capsule summary of a few of my replies, but I have neither the time or trust in this temporary board to waste any more effort until The Times board is back in service.

You're right, its idiotic to claim that "terrorists" are propelling the violence in Iraq when that is simple not based upon fact and you have cannot prove it!! Yes you may be an idiot!!

The Highlander wrote:
*****Too bad Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.. *****

What significance does that bear? It is STILL a major part of the war on terror. Remember that Germany had "nothing to do" with Pearl Harbor also -- but it was still a rather "significant" part of WWII.

I guess you forgot all the lies that led up to the illegal invasion of Iraq including ties to Al Qaeda and that somehow this conflict is associated with the failed war on terror..

The Highlander wrote:
*****Remembering that 9/11 was a MASSIVE REPUBLICAN SECURITY FAILURE! *****

Nope, Bush's admin was barely on the ground when 9/11 hit. To place the blame in its proper place, you must cast your eyes on the 8-year presidency PRIOR to 9/11 -- you know, that 2-legged cathouse whos primary concern was staying "ahead" of a pair of handcuffs and also getting "ahead" from a young girl named Monica.

AWOLBush was WARNED in August the OBL was going to HIT America and what did he do?? Went on vacation. Why?? Terrorism was NOT A PRIORITY WITH REPUBLICANS prior to 9/11!! 9 months into your term is not barely after being warned by the previous administration about Al Qaeda.. And we see that you must be one of those republican cockhunters that were more interested in another man's sex life during the Clinton era than fighting terrorism..

The Highlander wrote:
Yeah, that's the guy. Your hero is the one responsible for 9/11.

There only one person responsible for letting our guard down!! AWOLbush..

The Highlander wrote:
*****Remembering too that Iraq posed no threat to the USA!! *****

Indeed it DID pose a threat to the USA. An inability to see this is a primary qualification to being a member of the liberal left. You, my friend, are a member in very good standing. :)

So how did Iraq pose a threat to the USA?? I see you didn't answer the question but rather cut and ran away. typical rightie when faced with hard questions..

The Highlander wrote:
*****Remembering that you failed to answer my question about who and when was a WAR DECLARED??? Cat got your tongue?? *****

The war was declared on Sept. 11, 2001, when terrorist agents attacked our nation on our own soil & murdered over 3,000 of our own citizens.

Clinton got YOUR tongue??
Mmmmmmm?

ROTFLMAO

War was declared on 9/11?? By whom?? How do you declare a war on word??
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:19 pm 

aircop wrote:
NeoRayden wrote:
aircop wrote:
They didn't start this war, the prez did.

Correction: "They didn't start this Police Action, the prez did."

Since when was it an official "war"? This is as much a war as the war on drugs, and the war on fighting breat cancer is!

Good words, my friend.

I'll be praying for Troy in hopes of his complete and rapid recovery. He is one of America's true heroes for fighting to keep our nation free and I also pray for all of our other military men and women who are risking their lives in the cause of liberty.

I also THANK YOU, my friend, for your service to our nation during the Vietnam WAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:27 am 

The Highlander wrote:
aircop wrote:
NeoRayden wrote:
aircop wrote:
They didn't start this war, the prez did.

Correction: "They didn't start this Police Action, the prez did."

Since when was it an official "war"? This is as much a war as the war on drugs, and the war on fighting breat cancer is!

Good words, my friend.

I'll be praying for Troy in hopes of his complete and rapid recovery. He is one of America's true heroes for fighting to keep our nation free and I also pray for all of our other military men and women who are risking their lives in the cause of liberty.

I also THANK YOU, my friend, for your service to our nation during the Vietnam WAR.

Nowhere to run

After what has been described as the most foolish war in over 2,000 years, is there a way out of Iraq for President Bush, asks Brian Whitaker

Quote:
There is a remarkable article in the latest issue of the American Jewish weekly, Forward. It calls for President Bush to be impeached and put on trial "for misleading the American people, and launching the most foolish war since Emperor Augustus in 9 BC sent his legions into Germany and lost them".

To describe Iraq as the most foolish war of the last 2,014 years is a sweeping statement, but the writer is well qualified to know.

He is Martin van Creveld, a professor at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and one of the world's foremost military historians. Several of his books have influenced modern military theory and he is the only non-American author on the US Army's list of required reading for officers.

Professor van Creveld has previously drawn parallels between Iraq and Vietnam, and pointed out that almost all countries that have tried to fight similar wars during the last 60 years or so have ended up losing. Why President Bush "nevertheless decided to go to war escapes me and will no doubt preoccupy historians to come," he told one interviewer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0, ... 54,00.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:28 pm 

Quote:
To describe Iraq as the most foolish war of the last 2,014 years is a sweeping statement, but the writer is well qualified to know.

He is Martin van Creveld, a professor at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and one of the world's foremost military historians. Several of his books have influenced modern military theory and he is the only non-American author on the US Army's list of required reading for officers.

Professor van Creveld has previously drawn parallels between Iraq and Vietnam, and pointed out that almost all countries that have tried to fight similar wars during the last 60 years or so have ended up losing. Why President Bush "nevertheless decided to go to war escapes me and will no doubt preoccupy historians to come," he told one interviewer.

I've never heard of Creveld & could not care less about his opinions about the USA or the war on terror -- a war he conveniently does not refer to. Perhaps Creveld would be better off to concentrate on the war going on within HIS OWN country.

Based on his silly comments, he should be criticizing his own Jewish state for having a war that it cannot win. If he feels the USA should abandon Iraq and allow terrorism to grow stronger, he should also put his money where his mouth is and suggest the same for Israel.

Creveld should comment that Israel should stop defending itself against the Palastinian uprising and quit going after those particular terrorists who continue to blow themselves up to kill Israeli citizens.

Somehow, I don't think Creveld will do this -- and this shows the fallacy of his invalid comments.

The only true parallels between Iraq & Vietnam are how the liberal elements in the USA are, once again, trying to orchestrate a loss for the USA because they loathe the military, hate Republican presidents and use their influence & power to allow us to win all the battles while losing the overall war.

This is why, like a perfectly functioning biological entity, America takes a bowel movement every so often to excrete its waste products -- including liberalism and other anti-American influence.

The newly elected Dumocrats are already backing off their "cut & run" promises made prior to the election -- and are saying that it looks like we need to stay in Iraq after all. What a surprise, eh? They knew all along that America is still primarily a conservative country and that openly trying to lose the war for us would only make the nation excrete them sooner rather than later.

They are quite uncomfortable in the knowledge that the next "national bowel movement" is scheduled for 2008 -- so I wonder how many of them will be boldly referring to the "Creveld Doctrine" in the near future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:04 pm 

The Highlander wrote:
Quote:

I've never heard of Creveld & could not care less about his opinions about the USA or the war on terror -- a war he conveniently does not refer to. Perhaps Creveld would be better off to concentrate on the war going on within HIS OWN country.

Based on his silly comments, he should be criticizing his own Jewish state for having a war that it cannot win. If he feels the USA should abandon Iraq and allow terrorism to grow stronger, he should also put his money where his mouth is and suggest the same for Israel.

Creveld should comment that Israel should stop defending itself against the Palastinian uprising and quit going after those particular terrorists who continue to blow themselves up to kill Israeli citizens.

Somehow, I don't think Creveld will do this -- and this shows the fallacy of his invalid comments.

The only true parallels between Iraq & Vietnam are how the liberal elements in the USA are, once again, trying to orchestrate a loss for the USA because they loathe the military, hate Republican presidents and use their influence & power to allow us to win all the battles while losing the overall war.

This is why, like a perfectly functioning biological entity, America takes a bowel movement every so often to excrete its waste products -- including liberalism and other anti-American influence.

The newly elected Dumocrats are already backing off their "cut & run" promises made prior to the election -- and are saying that it looks like we need to stay in Iraq after all. What a surprise, eh? They knew all along that America is still primarily a conservative country and that openly trying to lose the war for us would only make the nation excrete them sooner rather than later.

They are quite uncomfortable in the knowledge that the next "national bowel movement" is scheduled for 2008 -- so I wonder how many of them will be boldly referring to the "Creveld Doctrine" in the near future?

I guess since Creveld is required reading for US military officer's, his works are well regarded.. Unless of course you're a little rightwing puke who knows very little about reality!!

What about IRAQ don't you understand?? Oh that's right, you believe "terrorists' are propelling the violence.. LMAO!! No reality there!! SO the only bowel movement is your try at reality!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 pm 

[quote="reno] I guess since Creveld is required reading for US military officer's, his works are well regarded.. Unless of course you're a little rightwing puke who knows very little about reality!!

What about IRAQ don't you understand?? Oh that's right, you believe "terrorists' are propelling the violence.. LMAO!! No reality there!! SO the only bowel movement is your try at reality!! [quote]

Sometimes a fool is "well regarded" simply as an example of how the wrong side thinks -- perhaps you perform a similar function to this forum as your hero, Creveld.

And never lose sight of the fact that pukes are part of the DNA that comprises the LEFT WING communist sympathizers and other anti-American types.

It would also be instructive for you to understand that the right wing -- comprised of decent traditional American values -- is the wing that is grounded in reality. You left wingers are ostrich-holed into your own little worlds constructed of false realities because you fear the real world & cannot deal with it.

By the way, here is another dose of reality for you – terrorists ARE " propelling the violence.. LMAO!!" in Iraq. This is cold hard reality, which means you are not qualified to recognize it – so do not feel too inadequate within your cardboard world view.

If it helps, always remember that reality to a leftist is like a crucifix to a vampire.

Oh, by the way, do not step within the parameters of any restroom where you can hear the flushing waters of its "porcelain facility." It may find your presence to be somewhat tempting.

ROTFLMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:00 pm 

The Highlander wrote:
Sometimes a fool is "well regarded" simply as an example of how the wrong side thinks -- perhaps you perform a similar function to this forum as your hero, Creveld.

And never lose sight of the fact that pukes are part of the DNA that comprises the LEFT WING communist sympathizers and other anti-American types.

I guess since you don't have an arguement here to revert to name calling.. Good show!! Stay the failed course!!

The Highlander wrote:
It would also be instructive for you to understand that the right wing -- comprised of decent traditional American values -- is the wing that is grounded in reality. You left wingers are ostrich-holed into your own little worlds constructed of false realities because you fear the real world & cannot deal with it.

The reality is Iraq is a failure and Bush is a failure.. And what decent traditional American values did Foley and Delay follow exactly?? I guess corruption and eyeing little boys is a rightwing American vlaue we should all follow??? I think not..

The Highlander wrote:
By the way, here is another dose of reality for you – terrorists ARE " propelling the violence.. LMAO!!" in Iraq. This is cold hard reality, which means you are not qualified to recognize it – so do not feel too inadequate within your cardboard world view.

What terrorist's?? Name them and tell us their strength's in Iraq??

The Highlander wrote:
If it helps, always remember that reality to a leftist is like a crucifix to a vampire.

Oh, by the way, do not step within the parameters of any restroom where you can hear the flushing waters of its "porcelain facility." It may find your presence to be somewhat tempting.

ROTFLMAO

Is this attempt at humor?? Christ, you cannot even get the quote's to work above.. I must be argueing with a 13 year old..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:11 pm 

The Highlander wrote:

The Fool retorted:
I guess since you don't have an arguement here to revert to name calling.. Good show!! Stay the failed course!!

HIGHLANDER WRITES BACK TO THE FOOL:
No, I am not name calling in this case. Within this debate, I am merely describing you. For you and your silly anti-Bush rage, the word "fool" is not an adjective, it is a noun.

The Highlander wrote:

The Fool retorted:
The reality is Iraq is a failure and Bush is a failure.. And what decent traditional American values did Foley and Delay follow exactly?? I guess corruption and eyeing little boys is a rightwing Americ:n vlaue we should all follow??? I think not..

The reality is that Iraq is NOT a failure, it will ultimately be a success. You are so blinded by your hatred of GW Bush (as shown by your hateful double-icon), that you would see this entire nation defeated in this war simply in order to see Bush harmed in a political way.

True Americans are for their country – and wish it success – in a time of war. Liberals, such as yourself, only see the political aspects of it. You are still angry that the courts stopped Algore's attempt to steal Bush's election victory in the 2000 race and many of you liberal types have never been able to get over that frustration.

People like you have been thirsting for Bush's head ever since. It is NOT a matter of national patriotism with fools like you – because your patriotism to your party is far stronger than your patriotism to your nation. And this fueled by your psychopathic hatred of the man, himself, simply because he is a Republican and you are a Democrat.

By the way, traditional American values continue to exist – and the Republican party, by its very nature, is the party that defends those values, whereas the Democrat party OPPOSES those values.

Foley? Did he do something wrong? Certainly, the answer is yes. And he immediately resigned, did he not? Most Democrats refuse to resign under such circumstances, such as William Jefferson, Alcee Hastings, Marion Barry, etc. Most Democrats continue on with their political careers – simply because acting as Foley did is how many Democrats act.

Delay? He did nothing wrong at all and has been convicted of nothing. The Republicans, as part of their value system, have an automatic rule (within the party, itself) that says a chairman must resign his appointment (not his seat, but his chairmanship) if any ethics charges are filed against him.

The Dumocrats do NOT have any similar rule within their party, hence they usually continue chairing their committees whenever they are charged with such a violation.

The Dumos knew that Delay would be forced to step aside from his position as party whip if an ethics charge was leveled against him – even if it was an unfounded charge.

Delay was a very effective whip & the Dumos hated him. So all they had to do was take advantage of this unique Republican rule by getting him out of power with the simple act of a fruitless ethics charge.

This is how Dumocrats operate.

The Highlander wrote:

The Fool retorted:
What terrorist's?? Name them and tell us their strength's in Iraq??

The noun "fool" continues to become you with every passing comment. Do you really expect guerilla warfare terrorists to have dogtags or official records of their "name, rank & serial number?"

As the terrorists pour fourth from Syria, Iran, etc., I'm sure they are not providing their names & numbers just to please some "fool" here in the United States.

The Highlander wrote:
ROTFLMAO

The Fool retorted:
Is this attempt at humor?? Christ, you cannot even get the quote's to work above.. I must be argueing with a 13 year old..

"Christ?" Ahhhh, the anti-Christian side of this anti-American "fool" accidentally comes out. Thank you for YOUR revealing "humor."
By the way, even a 13 year-old fool knows that the word "argueing" is spelled "arguing." So how young a fool are you? Better retake your 4th grade spelling class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:17 pm 

The Highlander wrote:
The Highlander wrote:Nothing!!!

I guess you lose!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next