Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: American capitalism gone with a whimper
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:29 pm 

HOW WE LOOK TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD. SCAREY

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

American capitalism gone with a whimper

27.04.2009 Source: Pravda.Ru URL: http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/column ... pitalism-0

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blind the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties and powers of the American congress (parliament). Again, congress has put up little more then a whimper to their masters.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motor) president step down from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self given power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions.

So it should be no surprise, that the American president has followed this up with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the guarantee of automobile policies. I am sure that if given the chance, they would happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister Putin, less then two months ago, warned Obama and UK's Blair, not to follow the path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster. Apparently, even though we suffered 70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish, drunken Russians, so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of their own pride.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper...but a "freeman" whimper.

So, should it be any surprise to discover that the Democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery with out a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker.

Stanislav Mishin

The article has been reprinted with the kind permission from the author and originally appears on his blog, Mat Rodina

© 1999-2009. «PRAVDA.Ru». When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink to PRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the authors do not always coincide with the point of view of PRAVDA.Ru's editors.

When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
HOW TO FIX 2011 - REPEAT 1776

Post subject: Re: American capitalism gone with a whimper
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:04 am 

What is really scary is there are so many people in this country such as yourself who believe that capitalism has benefited you and your family. Less than two weeks ago, you daughter made repeated posts under several different topics because the school district she lives in was changing it's boundaries. If capitalism is so wonderful, why doesn't your daughter have the money to send her children to private schools or move to a city with a better school system?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 am 

Martha wrote:
So, should it be any surprise to discover that the Democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

Hmmm.......It seems to me that if anyone would be able to recognize Marxism it's the Russians.

Amazing that the Russians can clearly see what is happening in America but the hopeless, hoping fools have no clue. I'm not surprised when you have people like hedge540 and sporkles the poious proclaiming that America sucks. Come to think of it, so does their Messiah. And they do it on a daily basis. Perhaps it will be a big slap in the face to real Americans and they'll wake up in time to realize the false change that the Messiah and his minions are trying to bring to this country are nothing but the change of the heavy chains of slavery and the loss of freedom.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 am 

sparks wrote:
What is really scary is there are so many people in this country such as yourself who believe that capitalism has benefited you and your family. Less than two weeks ago, you daughter made repeated posts under several different topics because the school district she lives in was changing it's boundaries. If capitalism is so wonderful, why doesn't your daughter have the money to send her children to private schools or move to a city with a better school system?

Capitalism does not guarantee wealth and prosperity; it simply establishes the means for all to seek and to work toward wealth and prosperity. After that, it is up to the individual to sink or swim based on his or her own efforts and merits.
The alternative, which you seem to prefer, is to punish the industrious and productive at the expense of the lazy and non-productive. And I can see why you would prefer that system, as you, with your hand perpetually out, would be one of its main beneficiaries.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:24 pm 

Excellent job in getting this lesson down to "My Weekly Reader" level for the graduate of the prestigious U of C school of social sciences. Next stop, "Dick and Jane". C'mon, Snookums, you don't want to embarrass your alma mater any further, even though you got a degree in a girl's major.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm 

Well, first and up front.
I don't like you and I don't like the way you post.

I don't believe in banning people, and I don't put people such as yourself on
ignore.

I just don't have to read you.

But believe it or not even a fool can say something wise once in a while. Not that you do often.
Now that, that is out of the way.

As for this country. This was and still can be a great country. But not with people like this President at the helm and not with the lackys that he appoints.

Capitalism works for those that want to work and get
ahead.

As for our family. All homes are paid for and are in the clear. All cars are paid for and in the clear.

Capitalism seems to have worked for our family.

Our government has NO business in the insurance
companies (AIG for example).

Our government has NO business in the car business
(GM for example).

The government has no business helping people save their houses when going into foreclosure.

The government has no business trying to save the failing banks.

The government has no business getting involved in
the internet.

Why should the White House be involved in the 2010
Census?? The government has no need for a lot of the info they are going to be asking. The idea was to count and see how many people there are in the country

The federal government is forcing 3 million Americans to disclose sensitive, personal information about finances, health and lifestyle in a 14-page survey – including questions about availability of household flush toilets and difficulty with undressing and bathing.
asks about residents' personal relationships and whether a home has hot and cold running water, a flush toilet, bathing facilities, appliances and phone services. It also asks how many rooms are in a home and what vehicles are used at each household.

The new questionnaire asks respondents what they pay for electricity, gas, water and sewer every month and whether residents receive food stamps.

Question 16 asks, "About how much do you think this house and lot, apartment, or mobile home would sell for if it were for sale?"

Respondents are required to disclose costs associated with rent or mortgage, annual real estate taxes on and fire, hazard and flood insurance expenses.

For each person in the household, the questionnaire asks for citizenship status, education level, whether that person attends private or public schools. It also features questions about health coverage, hearing and vision impairment and physical, mental or emotional conditions.

It asks if residents "have difficulty dressing or bathing" or "doing errands alone such as visiting a doctor's office or shopping" or whether they have difficulty making decisions. Respondents must indicate if they have served in the military, their current marital status and whether they have been married or given birth to children in the last 12 months. The Census Bureau claims its question is used as a "measure of fertility" and is used to "carry out various programs required by statute, including … conducting research for voluntary family planning programs."

The letter asks where residents worked last week and whether they drove a car, rode a bus, subway railroad, ferryboat, taxicab or bicycle to get there. It then asks what time they left for work and how long their commute lasted.

Respondents are also required to disclose their place of employment, duties and income.

While many recipients may consider the questionnaire to be tedious and meddling, the Census Bureau warns that citizens are required by law to complete it and may be fined as much as $5,000 for willfully refusing.

And as for my daughter she has a right to speak her thoughts on the school system that her children go too. As of yet, speaking your mind is not a crime.

But that may not be the case before long.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/23016.html

W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'
By ALEXANDER BURNS | 5/27/09 4:27 PM EDT
White House press secretary Robert Gibbs issued a pointed warning to opponents of Judge Sonia Sotomayor’s Supreme Court nomination Wednesday, urging critics to measure their words carefully during a politically charged confirmation debate.

“I think it is probably important for anybody involved in this debate to be exceedingly careful with the way in which they’ve decided to describe different aspects of this impending confirmation,” Gibbs said.

Why should she have to put her children in private school for them to get a good education??

Why should she have to move somewhere else for
her children to get a good education??

Why should she have to do any of these things to keep her children within walking distance of her home??

I may have more to say later. But then maybe not.

sparks wrote:

When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
HOW TO FIX 2011 - REPEAT 1776

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:27 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Capitalism does not guarantee wealth and prosperity; it simply establishes the means for all to seek and to work toward wealth and prosperity. After that, it is up to the individual to sink or swim based on his or her own efforts and merits.
The alternative, which you seem to prefer, is to punish the industrious and productive at the expense of the lazy and non-productive. And I can see why you would prefer that system, as you, with your hand perpetually out, would be one of its main beneficiaries.

This is very well stated, Jack!

Everyone wants to be prosperous, but not everyone wants to do what it takes to be prosperous. This country offers education, with financial aid, grants and scholarships to anyone; but you have to attend school with zeal, do the work and graduate.

Everyone wishes they were rich, but not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. The old money belongs to families of generations who have diligently worked to attain and maintain that wealth. If they want to blame someone that they weren't born rich, they should look in their family history for the guilty parties.

All of these poor, lazy people attacking the wealthy of this country are no better than thieves. They want to take what is not rightfully theirs, and they want it justified to appease their conscience. They can't accept their lot in life and honestly work for things that take time to earn.

It's a sad situation that so many have lost the pride that built this country so great.

I accept my position in life. I know that I am where I am because of my faults and my assets. This fallacy in which so many live that this world owes them something is a weakness that will be their downfall. A natural law is that the strong survive, and they can't change that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am 

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

OK, Happy, you can go on believing in your fairy tale of the "fairness" of the capitalist system as long as you like. The fact is the system has been rigged by large corporate interests for about thirty years or so. Why don't you entertain us with some stories about how the capitalist system has benefited you and your family? Tell us about your 401k, the six figure trust fund you set up to pay for your kid's college, the multimillion dollar stock options your employer has granted you,the wonderful guaranteed pension your employer has provided out of the goodness of his heart? We'll all be waiting to hear about how wealthy you have become from your hard work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 am 

Capitalism is the opportunity to succeed, for all who care to do so. Not everyone will be rich, but, they can have comfortable lives.

Capitalism has worked for me. I paid off my first home as a single working mom. My current home will be paid off by August of this year, after only 9 years of a 30 year mortgage. Our next goal is to buy Honey a newer pick-up truck,cash, to replace his car. After that goal is met, the next one is saving up for a retirement/vacation home, which will be bought cash. Our vehicles are paid for, and we have no debt of any kind, no charges, no loans, etc. Even though we have not had it easy the past 6 years, with unemployment, and Honey getting seriously injured, and permanently disabled, because of Capitalism, our goals are being met, even though they have taken a little longer because of the circumstances.

If it wasn't for Capitalism, we, and everyone else, would have nothing but what the government allows us to have, in plain words, SOCIALISM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 am 

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

OK, Happy, you can go on believing in your fairy tale of the "fairness" of the capitalist system as long as you like. The fact is the system has been rigged by large corporate interests for about thirty years or so. Why don't you entertain us with some stories about how the capitalist system has benefited you and your family? Tell us about your 401k, the six figure trust fund you set up to pay for your kid's college, the multimillion dollar stock options your employer has granted you,the wonderful guaranteed pension your employer has provided out of the goodness of his heart? We'll all be waiting to hear about how wealthy you have become from your hard work.

Not that it’s any of your business, but I’m doing quite fine, thank you very much.
I can fully understand your bitterness, however, over a system that doesn’t reward those such as you who do nothing but sit there with your left thumb up your butt and your right hand out, waiting for government benefits.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:13 am 

sparks wrote:
The fact is the system has been rigged by large corporate interests for about thirty years or so.

Boilerplate bilge. This reeks of some of the cowpie with which you were indoctrinated (at the prestigious U of C school of social sciences) while you were pursuing that lightweight girl's degree.

sparks wrote:
We'll all be waiting to hear about how wealthy you have become from your hard work.

Working for a giant, multinational petroleum producer/polluter must not be the torture chamber you make it out to be. You keep trudging up there and punching a clock day after day after day and you never seem to tire of bragging about all the money you are wheelbarrowing out of the place. Then there's all the electronic geegaws you've purchased on eBay (thereby chiseling single moms, drug addicts, alcoholics, and public sector sponges out of their fair share of your paycheck), the $400 you dropped to see what's left of Lynyrd Skynyrd, that 900-square foot estate spitting distance from a known gang hangout, and the attorney you're always threatening to unleash. Big business can't be all bad....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:11 pm 

Tiger1 wrote:
Capitalism is the opportunity to succeed, for all who care to do so. Not everyone will be rich, but, they can have comfortable lives.

Capitalism has worked for me. I paid off my first home as a single working mom. My current home will be paid off by August of this year, after only 9 years of a 30 year mortgage. Our next goal is to buy Honey a newer pick-up truck,cash, to replace his car. After that goal is met, the next one is saving up for a retirement/vacation home, which will be bought cash. Our vehicles are paid for, and we have no debt of any kind, no charges, no loans, etc. Even though we have not had it easy the past 6 years, with unemployment, and Honey getting seriously injured, and permanently disabled, because of Capitalism, our goals are being met, even though they have taken a little longer because of the circumstances.

If it wasn't for Capitalism, we, and everyone else, would have nothing but what the government allows us to have, in plain words, SOCIALISM.

It's funny that you bring up SOCIALISM, because when a married couple sits at home collecting checks from the government instead of working, that's not an example of Capitalism succeeding, that is an example of the security net of Socialism saving you from being homeless. I'm surprised that you didn't bring up the fact that you want the government to butt out of your life except for the one day a month when they give you checks that you live on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:30 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:
The fact is the system has been rigged by large corporate interests for about thirty years or so.

Boilerplate bilge. This reeks of some of the cowpie with which you were indoctrinated (at the prestigious U of C school of social sciences) while you were pursuing that lightweight girl's degree.

sparks wrote:
We'll all be waiting to hear about how wealthy you have become from your hard work.

Working for a giant, multinational petroleum producer/polluter must not be the torture chamber you make it out to be. You keep trudging up there and punching a clock day after day after day and you never seem to tire of bragging about all the money you are wheelbarrowing out of the place. Then there's all the electronic geegaws you've purchased on eBay (thereby chiseling single moms, drug addicts, alcoholics, and public sector sponges out of their fair share of your paycheck), the $400 you dropped to see what's left of Lynyrd Skynyrd, that 900-square foot estate spitting distance from a known gang hangout, and the attorney you're always threatening to unleash. Big business can't be all bad....

It's blood money that sporkles the pious troll is being paid.

Setting aside for a moment that he comes here posting on company time which makes him a thief (not for the first time... :smt005 ) but the company he works for is destroying the earth and the atmosphere. Yet he still goes to work every day (maybe it's just to use their computers so he can post his tripe on message boards... :shock: ) so he is part of the problem and not the solution.

Typical.

:smt003 :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

It's funny that you bring up SOCIALISM, because when a married couple sits at home collecting checks from the government instead of working, that's not an example of Capitalism succeeding, that is an example of the security net of Socialism saving you from being homeless. I'm surprised that you didn't bring up the fact that you want the government to butt out of your life except for the one day a month when they give you checks that you live on.
No comment from Tiger1 about how her family benefits from socialism? No surprise there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 am 

USMarine wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:

sparks wrote:

It's blood money that sporkles the pious troll is being paid.

Setting aside for a moment that he comes here posting on company time which makes him a thief (not for the first time... :smt005 ) but the company he works for is destroying the earth and the atmosphere. Yet he still goes to work every day (maybe it's just to use their computers so he can post his tripe on message boards... :shock: ) so he is part of the problem and not the solution.

Typical.

:smt003 :smt006

Adding insult to injury, all their profits go back to England, the motherland of BP(British Petroleum).