Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Yes We Do!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 pm 

Remember the "Miss Me Yet" signs? Here's the latest response:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010 ... d+says+yes

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A Bay area billboard in support of former President George W. Bush is stirring up controversy.

The billboards first appeared in Minnesota, bearing the face of former President Bush and the words, "Miss Me Yet?"

Businessman Anthony Galvez paid $2,500 to display his answer near the intersection of U.S. 19 and Ulmerton Road in Pinellas County.

His billboard displays a photo of former President Bush alongside President Barack Obama. It reads, "Yes We Do."

"Yes, I do, yes we do, as a country." he said.

Galvez said his message is simple.

"All I want is for people to sit and think about who they are electing locally, statewide and nationally," he said.

Galvez said he has been praised by some for the billboard, while others have called him a racist.

Drivers who pass by the billboard have equally mixed reactions. One driver said, "I didn't vote for Obama, I'll just leave it at that."

Another driver, Dave Selznick, disagreed with the billboard.

"I do not miss President Bush," he said. "I feel with all the pluses and minuses with Obama, I feel I can trust him a little better."

How the heck is this racist? :shock:

You may agree with the sign or not. You can disagree with Obama or not. But trying to play the race card here won't play well. I'm not sure even the black community is buying that one, so why even say it? In this case I think calling a purely political statement racist is itself a racist statement.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Yes We Do!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 pm 

Mirage wrote:
paid $2,500

Too funny.

Post subject: Re: Yes We Do!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:43 pm 

Chairman Mao wrote:
Mirage wrote:
paid $2,500

Too funny.

You'll probably pay that much a year for your Obamacare plan. :smt003

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.