Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Politician Suddenly Religious Authority... I Think Not
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:27 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/26/leo-berman-texas-state-re_n_552239.html

Quote:
I believe that Barack Obama is God's punishment on us today, but in 2012, we are going to make Obama a one-term president," declared Texas state Rep. Leo Berman (R-Tyler)

I believe it's not Berman's place to pass judgment.

Post subject: Re: Politician Suddenly Religious Authority... I Think Not
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:52 pm 
Banned

Chairman Mao wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/26/leo-berman-texas-state-re_n_552239.html

Quote:
I believe that Barack Obama is God's punishment on us today, but in 2012, we are going to make Obama a one-term president," declared Texas state Rep. Leo Berman (R-Tyler)

I believe it's not Berman's place to pass judgment.

Yet you pass judgment on this board all day on all sorts of subjects under a few different identities....therefore....it doesn't matter what you "believe" Mao. No one cares.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 pm 

My only problem with the statements is that no mention of repentance is quoted. If Obama is God's punishment on the US then what has changed, or will change by 2012, to cause God to lift that punishment?

It's no secret that I feel that Obama could become the Antichrist or at the least is already paving the way for the Antichrist to rule. So if that indeed is the case it's not as much a situation of Obama being punishment as it is fulfillment of Bible prophesy and an occasion to look forward to the soon return of Christ.

But many of the Founding Fathers referenced God publically, so if that's your real issue I suggest you start getting your history lessons from texts written before the Progressive Movement started editing out religious references. Not only did they used to have Christian religious services in the Capital Building (and most other Federal buildings) but the US military band provided the music. Now we can't even get the military to allow Franklin Graham to come pray for peace.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 pm 

Mirage wrote:
But many of the Founding Fathers referenced God publically, so if that's your real issue I suggest you start getting your history lessons from texts written before the Progressive Movement started editing out religious references.

My issue is the idea that this is punishment from God. If you consider Obama a punishment, then I've got to say he's an American imposed punishment. God did not impose Obama upon us. Our voters did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:05 am 

Ah! But is he really "an American imposed punishment?" We can (and have) questioned where all his sacks of campaign money came from, especially considering all the corporate paybacks after the election. And when Hillary got caught being funded by a certain Chinese national there was much discussion of the possibility of foreign money pouring in for the Dems. But set all that aside for the moment. Obama made promises. Many think he not governing the way he campaign promised. Well nothing new there - a politician making outlandish promises.

I think baring some catastrophe that prompts voters to re-elect all the incumbents I guess you can say he's "an American imposed punishment" if he gets re-elected. Personally I think there's a better case to be made that America was hoodwinked.

Back to them sweet corporate deals I have to laugh at Obama's latest attack on "Government Sacks," I mean Goldman Sachs. I mean when you consider how many former Goldman employees got into government jobs & all. :lol:

Well I'm glad Obama kept his promise not to hire lobbyists. Unfortunately he seems to have made a whole lot of special exceptions to that rule, so I think you can count that as another broken promise.

So America made a mistake and is suffering for it. If they vote him back in it will be a self imposed punishment.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 am 

Mirage wrote:
Ah! But is he really "an American imposed punishment?"

Well I don't consider him to be a punishment. No surprises there. But you knew that.

Mirage wrote:
We can (and have) questioned where all his sacks of campaign money came from, especially considering all the corporate paybacks after the election.

True, but I don't think you or I believe that God was one of the mystery donors.

I know there's a lot we don't agree on, but (correct me if I am wrong) you don't think God is punishing you for something you did wrong with Obama, do you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:18 am 

Ok I just reread that, and it can be taken a lot differently than I intended it.

You don't think Obama is your punishment for wronging God do you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:47 am 

Well since I don't make it a habit to wrong God I can say emphatically no. :lol:

BTW I just realized the Obama connection in the Chicago Climate Exchange (ccx) scam to sell smoke along with some of his Goldman friends. I'm still trying to figure out why FANNIE Mae is involved in this scandal. What does a mortgage company have to do with climate investing? Well no wonder Al Gore isn't answering questions about climate change anymore. He might have to explain his involvement with the CCX. ;)

But the more I see the Republicans buying in to this Climate Change scam I'm beginning to think Berman should have said Obama and this Congress (both parties) are the punishment, just to be consistent. How is my paying more on my electric bill to just give that money to some 3rd world country in the guise of carbon credits because they have no pollution is just ridiculous! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:
He's following Linda's marching orders.

Chairman Mao wrote:

β€œAt the core of liberalism is the spoiled child β€” miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Chairman Mao wrote:
He's following Linda's marching orders.

Chairman Mao wrote:

Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black...

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote: