Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fiasco, yes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 am 

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/08/28/news/porter_county/doc1563a3a9e0c93133862574b30010a5f3.txt

I guess Phil didn't write this article and smooze it for Costus.

We need more reporting from Susan.

The residents on Valparaiso street and Evans know what is really happening.

Post subject: Re: Fiasco, yes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am 

I laughed when I read that article

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 pm 

People you cry when your property is flooded and now you cry about the dust. Move into a biodome and in the words of young girls everywhere "Build a bridge and get over it!"

The road is being built properly. If they did quick you would complain they didn't do it right!

If you hate Valpo, and the mayor so much...Please....move!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 am 

girlinvalpo wrote:
People you cry when your property is flooded and now you cry about the dust. Move into a biodome and in the words of young girls everywhere "Build a bridge and get over it!"

The road is being built properly. If they did quick you would complain they didn't do it right!

If you hate Valpo, and the mayor so much...Please....move!

Kinda hard to move when every road that leads out is under some kind of construction

the road is being built properly?

My god the state repaved 30 faster than it took Valpo to do a 1 block stretch of road. They claim they found things that they didn't expect, yeah ok, so how come no survey was done prior to the construction?

Look at where the city tore up streets to fix pipes. They laid gravel and then waited like 3 months to pave over it finally. The excuse given? They didn't have the asphalt yet. If they ran out of asphalt, maybe they shouldn't do as many construction projects at one time

BTW its time to upgrade the upgradeable roundabout, prior to them putting in the $200,000 in landscaping.

$200,000 for flowers and grass, gee why is it so much money to place a few flowers and grass? I bet I could do it for $10,000 tops.

Lets not forget how drivers in Valpo are so stupid that they need to pay an off duty police officer to handle traffic at a 4 way stop. A traffic cop at a 4 way stop, how stupid, and another waste of money

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:43 pm 

I think I see the landscape company with the $200,000 roundabout estimate doing mowing and watering at Purdue NC and Michigan City on Franklin Street.

If they "get" the roundabout, will they be a permanent contractor to maintain it?

What ever happened to the $200,000 bid anyway? I think the state had a say so also in the bidding. Was there ever a competitive bid or plan? (Besides your $10,000 plan mike, lol)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:17 am 

I don't know, but I do know that I can go to Walmart and buy plenty of flower seeds for $1,000, and then I could personally mow the grass for $3,000

The other $6,000? Administrative fee's :wink: