Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Portage Teen Club
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:58 pm 

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/12/12/news ... 0fecde.txt

Some of the comments following the article are hilarious

Myself, I think the one person who asked Mr. Elwood what he considers inappropriate is a good question, because what I consider appropriate and what he considers appropriate are more than likely 2 different things

Post subject: Re: Portage Teen Club
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:11 pm 

Perhaps Olga and Mr. Elwood will be happy when the teens are walking up and down Willowcreek with a boom box on their shoulders wearing hoodies and causing trouble because they have nothing else to do. Seems to work in Gary, Hammond and East Chicago...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:06 pm 

I can;t believe elwood is that stupid

and the best part is, the article mentions inappropriate attire, yet the picture shows a boy wearing a shirt and tie.

I loved this comment though
Quote:
I'm sure a 16yr old boy would look great in a Sesame Street T-Shirt and a pair of pants with snaps around the crotch. I was at the Portage Walmart the other day, I saw plenty of clothes for little kids that I'm sure you could use as a model for your teenagers to wear all the time. The Sesame Street, Barney, Thomas the Tank engine, and Elmo ensembles would be great for boys, and the My little pony, Ariel, would be great for girls. I mean that is appropriate for teenagers according to some adults in Portage

I could just imagine some of the parents in Portage actually considering this as an option

I also liked the one where a poster said that a parent found a playboy underhis mattress, so is Portage going to get an injunction to ban Playboys from being mailed to Portage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:35 am 

I just remember being that age and growing up in a town that didn't have anything, and you know what we did on the weekends? We made friends with people in their 20's willing to buy us booze.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am 

deelight wrote:
I just remember being that age and growing up in a town that didn't have anything, and you know what we did on the weekends? We made friends with people in their 20's willing to buy us booze.

When I was 16-17 I used to drive to Valpo from Chesterton to hangout at 1 of 3 different places that were open at the time. There was an arcade in the strip mall on the east side of Calumet, there was another arcade in the downtown area, and there was Inmans. Well the two arcades closed, and Inmans was always to packed, so my firends and I started going to Michigan City instead, where there was more stuff to do(and those places are now gone as well, except for what you could call a mall)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:31 pm 

First let me say that I would never purposely back Elwood or Olga but if you read the articles it says that they received a flyer from a promoter that was promoting a lot of not so great things for the youth of Portage you have to give it to Olga that she actually took the initiative to make sure the youth was not being subject to these inappropriate actions.

I am glad they got it all ironed out but hey thanks for looking out for the kids Portage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 am 

hmmm wrote:
First let me say that I would never purposely back Elwood or Olga but if you read the articles it says that they received a flyer from a promoter that was promoting a lot of not so great things for the youth of Portage you have to give it to Olga that she actually took the initiative to make sure the youth was not being subject to these inappropriate actions.

I am glad they got it all ironed out but hey thanks for looking out for the kids Portage.

Gee if the kids are wearing it, then the parents must know about it right?

sorry but Poretage is going to lose the placeand then the kids will have no where to go

Notice they still do not say what appropriate attire is either

My son despises collared shirts(as do I),and if he has to wear one to get in to that place, he will not go, and I am not going to force him to wear something he does not want to wear, just to hang out at a teen club.

And trust me, like I said earlier, what I call appropriate clothings may not be appropriate to Olga or Elwood

To me, a kid wearing jeans and a T-shirt at a teen club is appropriate, but I bet Olga and Elwood would say its not