Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Democrat Hebron Town Council DUI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:52 am 

http://www.post-trib.com/news/1332656,teelowi.article

Quote:
The vice president of the Hebron Town Council was arrested in Lowell earlier this month for operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a blood alcohol level of at least 0.098 percent.
An officer at the Hebron Police Department confirmed that the Teel is a town official.

The Lake County Sheriff's Department, not the Hebron department, is handling the case, said the law enforcement official.

Lake County police found Kelly Teel's silver 1998 Oldsmobile van in a ditch on 157th Avenue, west of Montgomery Street at 1:26 a.m. Dec. 4.

Teel's registration was expired, police said.

According to the police report, Teel, 44, said she had not consumed any alcoholic beverage that night.

However, police said she had "a strong odor commonly associated with that of an alcoholic beverage" and "red and watery bloodshot eyes."

"Kelly became very argumentative as to why she needed to turn off and exit her vehicle for support," police said.

After failing field sobriety tests, she took a breath test but police described it as a "very partial blow."

The legal limit in Indiana for drunken driving is 0.08 percent.

Teel was handcuffed and taken to the county jail.

She reportedly cussed at an emergency medical technician who was collecting her medical information.

Teel could not be reached for comment.

According to the town of Hebron's Web site, Teel is a representative on the Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission and a liaison for the town Park Board.

Post subject: Re: Democrat Hebron Town Council DUI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 am 

Do as I say and not as I do

I recall her trying to push for stiffer sentences for DUI, I wonder if she feels the same now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:01 pm 

(hangs head in shame for his old hometown)
I'm a bit shocked that she hasn't resigned yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:15 pm 

Another piece of crap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:39 pm 

I guess business as usual since no one seems to care.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 pm 

In spite of their collective silence on this, I'm bumping this topic because I know for a fact that Jeff Grogan reads this.

Jeff, take a stand, man! This is wrong to have anyone shaming the Town Board over this.

If she won't resign, you should vote to censure her. Sure, it's a purely symbolic move, but at least it shows that you are a government of laws and you care about the impact drunken drivers has upon our society.

Just because she didn't hurt anyone is not an excuse. People in Hebron should expect their Board to behave better than the regular citizen out of respect for their trust and vote.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 am 

Well I guess its March and now after all this time they have decided that she moved to Lowell. No stepping down for Teel.

Quote:
In other business, Chidester said that the party will set a date for a caucus to replace Kelly Teel on the Boone Township board where she was an at-large member. He said it was verified this week that she moved to Lowell. Teel was also a member of the Hebron Town Council and declined to step down in December

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am 

Taint much diffference between Illinois and Indiana politics. They are both rotten.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:00 pm 

Not only a piece of crap but a coward, too.