Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need Tips For Start Up Business
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:09 am 

I am the owner of a new business in Porter County. I need tips on how to deal get customers, and network my new business. All suggestions will be appreciated. Also, I am looking for ways to improve my business website so that its user friendly, any help will be great.

Thank you,

www.eProsComputers.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:21 am 

Aleemuddin,

One thing I've been enjoying lately is something called "A.M. Valpo", which is a networking opportunity for members of the Greater Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce. You might look into joining your local chamber (if there is one in Porter).

As for your website question, you could always hire a local designer/company to make one for you. I know a guy who does web design, but I'm not sure if he has time for new projects right now...

Peace,
Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:04 am 

Last edited by NeoRayden on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:16 pm 

thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:24 am 

Aleemuddin:

Also please check out my weekly Tips that I will post in the business section. Some of them will be written and some will be an audio.

Nomen Nescio
http://www.nitesquad.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:57 am 

hey epros sry about ragging on you before but you advertised in a forum, and your comps are subpar.

but i would just make flyers and put them around. stickers are good too, put them on the back of stop signs and slice them with a razor so people cant peel them off. you could always have an artist paint the side of your building too that brings alot of attention to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:22 am 

no thank you tom, I am not that desperate, but the rest of the advices were real good, thanks a lot people! I opened yesterday and already have sold couple systems, its looking good. I think the price will be my biggest competitive advantage. Computer stores around the area are charging extremely high prices where I am not that much concerned about the profit, since I have a full time day job. As adviced, I will be joining the chamber of commerce and also advertising in the newspapers, we will see how it goes, thanks again everybody! and Tom, don't worry about it! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:33 am 

As far as the computers being "subpar", I think time & customers will tell how the quality is of the systems, I am unsure how you are judging the technology i am selling by looking at some pictures on my website. For example, the Least expensive computer that I am selling ($399) matches up to Dell's Dimension 2400 (for $499) http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... 4SAP&s=dhs The differences is that the Dell's box comes with monitor and ePros Computer's doesn't. So how does this makes it subpar? or is it just that you are being judgemental? All computers being sold by ePros Computers are quality tested and are upto date with today's technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:38 am 

Needless to mentiion that Dell's 2400 system comes with a 90 day warranty and ePros Systems comes with a 1 year warranty. What else, customers have the option of buying a monitor in the store for as low as $40 if required. All systems include speakers, mouse & keyboard, where as Dell systems do not come with any speakers, so if my systems are below industry standards, I suppose big companies like these do not know that the specs on the systems that they are selling are not uptodate with industry standards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:24 pm 

0k ill bring in my rig and we will see whose is faster, considering i built it off of alienware and voodoo specs. price doesnt mean s*** either.....

an equivilent alienware would cost around 3 thousand, i built it for around 1.5

youre using a dell as comparison, use a rig that has some more balls, i would love to buy a computer from you and support small business but i could do better on my own. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:54 pm 

I AGREE WITH TOMMYBOY!

Nomen Nescio
http://www.nitesquad.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:28 am 

have fun spending. I am already making :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:24 pm 

did someone piss in you gene pool or somthing, comeon i offeree you some damn tips that would get peoples attention ann you blow them over, and bash me cause i pointed out flaws in your systems. you clearly are angry, maybe you have some sort of inferiority complex, and that is why you need to be the best. did your mom not hug you or something when you were younger.

yes i spent more , and yes my computer is better than yours.
i spent more so i could get quality parts, and the parts i baught were cheaper because i baught them all separate. so get off myback you ...........

n00b

yeah , most definately a n00b............... lol 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:33 pm 

oh and thank you neorayden. :D

we are a posse now, a posse that well talks on the internet, and doesnt really posse around.
:?
maybe we are not a posse, but what ever. :cry: