Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Windows Vista
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:30 pm 

Has anyone installed it and how does it preform?

I want to know I have the software but have never installed it.

Don't tell me what somebody told you I want to know from sombody who has taken it around the block acouple times.

Post subject: Re: Windows Vista
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 pm 

If it not a part of a newly purchased computer your character will end up losing his religion!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 pm 

Here's an idea. Because as the previous poster said it probably won't work right easily and you sound like a PC novice in this area. Just buy a 2nd hard drive. Disconnect the current hard drive and do a fresh install on the new drive. Can't have enough hard drives! If it turns out you like it there's a way to do a dual boot later if you want.

Now I am assuming you're stuck with it or got it as a gift? If you haven't opened it and can return it to a store you might want to consider that.

At best, chances are you will only get it to work in it's most basic mode. But go to the Microsoft website and be certain your hardware is actually compatible before you take any drastic measures. Run the hardware checker download if it's still available.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm 

Vista sucks unless you have the latest version of all software and hardware. Windows 2000 or XP runs much faster and with less problems.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:31 pm 

I have vista on my desktop and laptop and I like it over XP totally

Of course it came installed on my laptop and desktop, so I knew everything would work right away

Depending on what version of Vista you have as well

If you only have home basic(which comes with most PC's and Desktops) you do not havew a lot of the features that Vista has. My Desktop and Laptop first came with this, but I immediately upgraded free of charge. For most people, this is all they will ever need to have as far as Vista goes

If you have home Premium, its great for entertainment aspects of the desktop and laptop

I have Vista Ultimate for my Desktop, and laptop and love it. I upgraded to this free of charge due to an issue I had with HP on my desktop and laptop hard drives(they both crashed and burned within 3 weeks of me getting them, so they upgraded me for free). Basically my Laptop and Desktop have TV tuners and a lot of media software, so this version is tailored for that aspect of my stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 pm 

I have the new Dell Hybrid with Vista and I love it.