Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: where should i move
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:17 am 

Hello, I am in the Air Force stationed at Langley AFB, VA. I will be moving to Merrillville, IN to be a recruiter between September and November of next year and was wondering if there were any areas that I needed to stay away from when looking for a house. I am looking for one below 200K so if that's not possible then someone please tell me. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:47 pm 

200 K should cover most housing in Merrillville, my advice to you is to move as far south as possible, at least south of US 30.

North Merrillville has a much higher crime rate, and many of the businesses have been abandon.

Please do not just take my word for it, ask whoever you choose as a relator.

Happy house hunting.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:23 pm 

I'll be moving out of Merrillville for pastures in Illinois. Pretty soon, by the looks of it, Merrillville will be another Gary!

Like the post before, go south, definitely south of 30, and maybe east by the water park. Lots of new subdivisions going up north of 30, but traffic is a nightmare already and bound to get worse! Not to mention crimes, which have risen considerably since we moved here 13 years ago. Lot of burglary's and senseless petty garbage.

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:33 am 

What's your opinion of Michigan City? I'm looking at moving there and would like to know what people think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:01 pm 

What is your spending range?

Also, I would make a visit to where you want to move...on a weekend and observe it in the night as well as the day.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:28 pm 
Banned

For 200,000K, anyplace in East Chicago, Hammond, Whiting will do. Great houses, nice and big, low crime; however, certain places in Merrillville, Shereville, CP, Dyer, these places have a lot of crime and a lot of car crashes. Several of these towns have had police standoffs with gun crazies, and a lot of sex offenders. So take your pick, and good luck, and a big WELCOME to 'da region to ya! And when you get here, set your radio dial at, 1230, WJOB, da voice of the region!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:34 pm 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
For 200,000K, anyplace in East Chicago, Hammond, Whiting will do. Great houses, nice and big, low crime; however, certain places in Merrillville, Shereville, CP, Dyer, these places have a lot of crime and a lot of car crashes. Several of these towns have had police standoffs with gun crazies, and a lot of sex offenders. So take your pick, and good luck, and a big WELCOME to 'da region to ya! And when you get here, set your radio dial at, 1230, WJOB, da voice of the region!

anyplace in East Chicago, Hammond, Whiting will not do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:37 pm 
Banned

Why not? You live in the Harbor section of East Chicago. You like your new, rehab home there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:18 am 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
Why not? You live in the Harbor section of East Chicago. You like your new, rehab home there?

I'm in Manhattan, IL right now. Away from you loosers in East Chicago, out by the cornfields where houses sell no less than 300,000. No price to much to pay to get away from "Me Speak NO English..." and buses.

Never stepped foot in your E.C. If I wanted to commit suicide, I'd do it on my own in greener pastures. Away from delapidated, crime ridden places, where people don't shack up four families per bungalow, mattresses strewn all over the living room and dining room. Where you can sit outside and watch a full/half moon and here frogs croaking across the street in a man-made pond...where no one lives in filth. Where neighbors sit outside and kids where clothes that fit their butts. Where the only signs are street signs, not gang signs. Ã…dios looser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:12 pm 
Banned

YEAH, your a FROG all right! You don't live where you say; you live in EC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:40 am 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
YEAH, your a FROG all right! You don't live where you say; you live in EC!

I live in a nice part of Hammond, ding-bat. Didn't say I lived in Manhattan. Said I'm in Manhatten. Frog Head.

Never stepped foot in E.C. Got lost near there, peeled out real fast. If I'm looking to get robbed, beaten, choked, raped, and shot at, I'll visit the area. Right now, there's not a demand in my life for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:29 am 
Banned

Don't worry frog, you will NEVER get raped the way you look! Try Gary, nutbag, your lover might do you a favor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:31 pm 
Banned

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:12 am 
Banned

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:37 am