Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CLIQUES
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 pm 

I need much help with this subject. This subject hurts a lot of people individually and can cause a church split or empty out a church of members real fast.
How do you fit in in your church? Do you feel lonely or avoided in your church? Do you feel ignored somewhat? Is there favoritism in your church? Do you know of a clique in your church that has the churches favor over others? Do some members get more love? Flowers when they're sick? Many visits in time of trouble?
Are all the members of your church treated the same? Are they loved and cared for the same? Are all members of your church picked up when fallen down and cheered up when in dire circumstance?
Is your church a safe haven from the world or is your church just a tithes, money collectors? Does your church treat the poor as low-lifes or do they feel safe and secure with the care love and membership of your church? Do they feel welcome or are they given sandwiches and rushed off or are they given nothing at all?
WATCH OUT! CHURCH CLIQUES HURT!
If a person of any status can come to your church and feel valued and loved you've got a nice church goin' there. If the hungry get fed and clothes are given to ragged persons you got a great church goin' there. If your church trys to find work for poor folks and counseling for the raped, abused, lonely and mentally ill you've got a beautiful church goin' there.
If everyone that goes to your church feels like God touched their hearts and fed their souls and were given those things needed by the body that they can't get due to poverty you have a heavenly church.
Name some churches and organizations that you feel meet these standards where all are treated aike and there isn't any cliques or favorites that get while others don't.

Post subject: Re: CLIQUES
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:08 am 
Banned

Revelation wrote:
I need much help with this subject. This subject hurts a lot of people individually and can cause a church split or empty out a church of members real fast.
How do you fit in in your church? Do you feel lonely or avoided in your church? Do you feel ignored somewhat? Is there favoritism in your church? Do you know of a clique in your church that has the churches favor over others? Do some members get more love? Flowers when they're sick? Many visits in time of trouble?
Are all the members of your church treated the same? Are they loved and cared for the same? Are all members of your church picked up when fallen down and cheered up when in dire circumstance?
Is your church a safe haven from the world or is your church just a tithes, money collectors? Does your church treat the poor as low-lifes or do they feel safe and secure with the care love and membership of your church? Do they feel welcome or are they given sandwiches and rushed off or are they given nothing at all?
WATCH OUT! CHURCH CLIQUES HURT!
If a person of any status can come to your church and feel valued and loved you've got a nice church goin' there. If the hungry get fed and clothes are given to ragged persons you got a great church goin' there. If your church trys to find work for poor folks and counseling for the raped, abused, lonely and mentally ill you've got a beautiful church goin' there.
If everyone that goes to your church feels like God touched their hearts and fed their souls and were given those things needed by the body that they can't get due to poverty you have a heavenly church.
Name some churches and organizations that you feel meet these standards where all are treated alike and there isn't any cliques or favorites that get while others don't.

Good subject, lot's of individual questions though.

I say that cliques in the church is prohibited.
Paul writes concerning this very subject:

1 Corinthians 1:10-12
10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas[a]"; still another, "I follow Christ."

Cliques are dangerous to the church, but what is equally dangerous is the appearance of a clique when there isn't one at all.

This is demonstrated by ones that feel like they are feeling left out. They get on the phone and talk to other members of the church, and the gossip begins.

..and all these things are happening because the church is forgetting what the church is. The church is the bride, and we wait for the bridegroom, not for gossiping or cliques, the church is there to worship GOD.

In my church there seems to be an appearance of a clique, heck it might even exist! But it don't matter to me either way I am there to honor GOD.

As far as tithes go....tithes are an act of obideance and it is also a form of worship, it is required.

Post subject: Re: CLIQUES
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:48 am 

Great Article Born Again.
Yes of course I agree that worship of God is the main purpose of going to church. To love him first with all our heart, soul, body, mind, and strength and to love our neighbor as ourself. Jesus said, "When you've done this to the very least of these my brethren you have done it unto me."
Here is an excellent article....
http://www.drurywriting.com/keith/UF.8.hospitality.htm

I found this article really gets to the heart of spirituality concerning "cliques" in the church and how to prevent them. It's a revealing article though to our hearts. It takes courage and careful planning.