Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Homeless American
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:26 pm 

Greed, corruption, and godlessness got our country where it is today.
We need to throw our arrogance in the trash, and humble ourselves before God, get on our knee's, and beg for forgiveness.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:22 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
We need to throw our arrogance in the trash, and humble ourselves before God, get on our knee's, and beg for forgiveness.

Looking at it another way I believe it was the godlessness that lead to the corruption which allowed greed to flourish. That godlessness began as we allowed secular minded leaders peck away at God-minded morality in our courts, our legislative bodies, and in our public institutions such as the schools, which just led to more godless behavior and bigger problems.

The tyranny of today's futile oppressive taxation that we can now see is going to feed yet more greed and corruption will only further our spiral downward. And I still believe it is a part of some general overall plan to destroy America from within with many, many unwitting supporters with their own self serving interests.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:56 am 

Mirage wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

Looking at it another way I believe it was the godlessness that lead to the corruption which allowed greed to flourish. That godlessness began as we allowed secular minded leaders peck away at God-minded morality in our courts, our legislative bodies, and in our public institutions such as the schools, which just led to more godless behavior and bigger problems.

The tyranny of today's futile oppressive taxation that we can now see is going to feed yet more greed and corruption will only further our spiral downward. And I still believe it is a part of some general overall plan to destroy America from within with many, many unwitting supporters with their own self serving interests.

We are destroying ourselves quite nicely. When our enemies come here, they can just walk in, because there will be nothing left to stop them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 am 

Quote:
“Government does not solve problems; they are the problem. Churches, benevolent groups and people SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEMS AND GET RID OF BIG GOVERNMENT. It may already be too late. IT'S ONE MINUTE TILL DOOMSDAY FOR AMERICA AND IT'S PEOPLE AND CHURCHES”.

You are the Government, we elect representative that work for our concerns, but if we don’t hold them accountable they work for their own best interest.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm 

In Jesus' letters to the churches he says:

To the church at Ephesus:
Rev. 2:4~ "But I have this against you: You have left the love you have had in the beginning" ~KJV says, "Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love" (which is Jesus )

"So remember where you were before you fell. Change your hearts and do what you did at first"

To the church of Laodicea he says in Rev. 3:15 "I know what you do. You are not hot or cold ( luke warm Christians ) I wish that you were hot or cold! But you are only warm_not hot, not cold. So I am ready to spit you out of my mouth.
You say you are rich. You think you have become wealthy and don't need anything. But you don't know that you are really miserable, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. I advise you to buy GOLD from me__GOLD made pure in the fire. Then you will be rich. I tell you this: buy clothes that are white. Then you will be able to cover your shameful nakedness. I also tell you to buy medicine to put on your eyes. Then you will be able to see. I correct and punish the people I love. So show that nothing is more important to you then living right. Change your hearts and lives."

"BEHOLD I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK: IF ANY PERSON HEAR MY VOICE, AND OPEN THE DOOR, I WILL COME INTO THEM,AND WILL SUP WITH THEM, AND THEY WITH ME".

"HE THAT HATH AN EAR, LET THEM HERE WHAT THE SPIRIT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHES".

II Chronicles 7:14

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND."

Last edited by Revelation on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 pm 

You are the Government, we elect representative that work for our concerns, but if we don’t hold them accountable they work for their own best interest.

In effect we the people have not been in control for years now. Better men & women with good ideas refuse to run for office and those who do are held to double standards as are those few with media access to expose the truth of what's happening.

For the sake of argument we have seen examples of say a Republican having an affair or making what is perceived a racial slur and is then expected to resign out of shame but a Dem can freely say anything at all or can be arrested for kickbacks or whatever and not only keep his office but then run and often win re-election? One notable exception is the NY governor with the hooker, but even in those rare examples you notice how the media leaves out the party affiliations in the story but if it was a Republican it's the first word out of the commentator's mouth?

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm 

To all those that have and love Jesus in your hearts. Jesus says concerning your influence on these United States of America and the WORLD: "
Matthew 5:13~YE ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH: BUT IF THE SALT HAS LOST IT'S SAVOR, WHEREWITH SHALL IT BE SALTED?" IT IS THENCEFORTH GOOD FOR NOTHING, BUT TO BE CAST OUT, AND TO BE TRODDEN UNDER THE FOOT OF MEN. YE ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. A CITY THAT IS SET ON A HILL CANNOT BE HID. NEITHER DO MEN LIGHT A CANDLE, AND PUT IT UNDER A BUSHEL BUT ON A CANDLESTICK; AND IT GIVETH LIGHT UNTO ALL THAT ARE IN THE HOUSE. LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE BEFORE MEN, THAT THEY MAY SEE YOUR GOOD WORKS, AND GLORIFY YOUR FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:37 pm 

Quote:
In effect we the people have not been in control for years now. Better men & women with good ideas refuse to run for office and those who do are held to double standards as are those few with media access to expose the truth of what's happening.

For the sake of argument we have seen examples of say a Republican having an affair or making what is perceived a racial slur and is then expected to resign out of shame but a Dem can freely say anything at all or can be arrested for kickbacks or whatever and not only keep his office but then run and often win re-election? One notable exception is the NY governor with the hooker, but even in those rare examples you notice how the media leaves out the party affiliations in the story but if it was a Republican it's the first word out of the commentator's mouth?

You brought the party labels with you. Party affiliation doesn’t cost any less or more of tax dollars to bring to trail. A breach of public trust and oath of office should be harsher than the thug holding up a liquor store. But then we have to allow for selective prosecution.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:43 pm 

Quote:
Matthew 5:13~YE ARE THE SALT OF THE EARTH: BUT IF THE SALT HAS LOST IT'S SAVOR, WHEREWITH SHALL IT BE SALTED

Matthew 23:11 is shorter and straight to the point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:35 am 

BTLs wrote:
Quote:

You brought the party labels with you. Party affiliation doesn’t cost any less or more of tax dollars to bring to trail. A breach of public trust and oath of office should be harsher than the thug holding up a liquor store. But then we have to allow for selective prosecution.

Just to clarify my point was about media bias with respect to party labels. You bring up a good point about there also being a double standard for those who were granted the public trust and abused it. The sad part is when a legislative body passes a law more favorable to a few private concerns due to the influence of a select few members in return for rewards in some form and it's not even technically illegal. Sure, if specific instances get enough traction in the media the voters "could" vote them out of office. But when and how often do they? And when the media gets selective about who will be scrutinized more often by who it is than the weight of the questionable yet technically legal conduct that bias helps to stack the deck unfairly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:18 pm 

The eldery are being turned out of their homes, whole families are being turned out of their homes. The challenge is what are the churches going to do about it? Food, shelter and all the amenities to save lives will soon be needed in large amounts.

That stimulus is just "PORK" and will take quite some time to do some good but the people are suffering now and will for quite some time because they have suffered deep losses. Homes gone, pensions, safety net stretched.

I feel the churches can do the job. The stimulus is robbery of the taxpayer. We the people and the churches have to fight ourselves out of this meltdown. Let us keep our trillion dollars and open our churches and wallets and find our own solutions to help people and stimulate the economy. Why do we keep emptying our wallets to the government, they are destroying this country. Look what they did with the bank bailout money. It was a total disaster.

WE NEED TO THINK MORE CLEARLY ABOUT WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS. We need to turn to the Lord in prayer for divine guidance. Our churches should open to the poor every resource they need to get them back on their feet and to retain status-quo until they are able to go out on their own again. The churches would have done 100% better then government to rectify the situation. People need to throw money at missions and churches to help the poor until we put the government out of business in regards to the poor and destitute. Every American should give something to their church even small amounts and save our country with God's help.

HOMELESS AND DESTITUTE IN AMERICA! WHY?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:02 pm 

HOMELESS AND DESTITUTE IN AMERICA! WHY?

Partly because you don't own your home anymore. Everyone is just a renter. Since you are mandated to pay taxes to keep it, that makes you a renter. This situation becomes further complicated by frequently moving into a new home whereas in days gone by a family would own a home or family farm until it was paid off and then just stay there, meaning no loan to pay back in abstract terms. But you certainly would not owe 150% of what your home was worth!

So generally speaking you can blame property taxes and the credit frenzy. You might still otherwise be destitute but that's why you're homeless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:10 am 

~Nail Prints and little, red wagons~

Some day we will stand before "OUR LORD"! BLESS HIS NAME FOREVER! We shall see him who died for us. We will stand before his throne and his love will penetrate every cell in our being. His face will shine brighter than the sun with his holiness and we will see the scars, the nail prints in his hands and feet and sacred head. We shall gaze upon his face and he will look into our eyes. We will began to shout and praise him and we will want to cast gifts of love at his feet. We will tremble with love for our divine Jesus!

Dare we go to him empty-handed with no Gold tried in the fire. Will our little, red wagons be empty before this thrice holy God whose love and sacrifice for mankind cannot be measured. Will precious Jesus say, "Thank you thou good and faithful servant. You have been faithful about a few things. Enter into the joy of your Lord.

I PRAY WE WILL CAST MANY GIFTS TO THE LORD AND BE SO VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE JOY ON HIS FACE FOR OUR FAITHFUL SERVICE.

Please read the following speech by MOTHER THERESA who so eloquently expresses our service to mankind and to OUR LORD.

http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/tex ... Teresa.TXT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 pm 

:(

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:09 am 

It is the churches duty to open up all their resources to the poor and homeless whether the government helps them or not. It is the churchs' mission.

Giving money to provide a police officer's salary ( rookie or not ) is none of the churchs' business.

THE GAUGE OF A CHURCHS' SPIRITUALITY IS A OPEN HEART AND ALL RESOURCES TO THE POOR TILL IT HURTS.

Government is supposed to pay salaries to government workers. The church is overstepping it's bounds in this case right over the backs of the poor.