Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daniel 11:20
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 am 

:(

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:40 pm 

Screech wrote:
Mirage wrote:
This treatise of your (yours) has me wondering if you have been hanging out with the wackos of First Baptist Church in Hammond(;) as they can be pretty bad about circular(,) off(-)track thinking themselves. I say again (,) you are way off your topic (,) and you really haven't refuted the alternate interpretation rendered (;) and(,) instead (,) you have only proclaimed your self(-)gained understanding.

I have had enough world history courses to see that what you espouse(,) with respect to Daniel 11:20(,) is logically incorrect just by reading the KJV(;) as the passages are in all likelihood past history for us today, not prophetic(-) still yet future or current events.

I will go a step further and say(,) it is my belief that prophetic passages(,) yet to be fulfilled(,) may (in reality) not be as mystical(,) as some would have us believe. In fact(,) they will probably seem quite natural many times(,) as was the rebirth of Israel. For an example, to someone 4,000 years ago(,) it would indeed seem a miracle for a man's voice to beam down from the heavens to be heard around the entire globe instantaneously. Could say the same for the ability of a stealth bomber to swoop down and unleash hell, fire, and brimstone quite literally.

But(,) I'm really not sure what case you are trying to make. We can all agree that we live in troubled times and that it is highly doubtful the 2nd coming of Christ (in any form) would be more than 20 years away,(;) and(,) in fact(,) likely a whole lot sooner than that.

(With)That said, whether President Obama is the Antichrist or merely the opening act for him(;) either way(,) I think it is becoming clear that the undisputed(,) unfilled prophetic events are not far away from becoming current events. But(,) if the Biblical attack on Israel from the north comes(;) and you're still here(,) I'm wondering if you'll feel "left behind" (a little pun on the movie of the same name)(;) or(,) instead(,) will then reassess your "conclusions."

Yeah, that's logical. :roll: You didn't even pay attention in English Comp! I tried to show all of your grammatical and punctual errors, but I may have missed some. There were too many. Your double standard cancels out what you even said in that post. For example, you don't believe they are prophetic; yet, you go on to write about the prophetic passages that are yet to be fulfilled. I see that you are confused, too.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. -Acts 3:23-24

-That Prophet, with a captial 'P', is none other than the Incarnation of God in the flesh. You will either hear Him or perish. And, the other prophets make up much of the Old Testament.

Prophecy-a prediction of a future event that is believed to reveal the will of a deity.

Prophecy is given by God throughout His entire Word. "In those days....." means it is prophetic. Check it out for yourself. It is your salvation, not mine.

I can teach the entire Bible from Jesus' words alone because I believe He is Who He says He is-THE WORD MADE FLESH. I can see, from what you posted, that you do not. Your history courses, which I'm sure come from mainstream schools, wouldnt' teach what I know. Your teachers (more than likely) don't even know what I know.

Note that I referred to other Scriptures (other than the four Gospels) to prove my point, not what some man says. If you are going to criticize my knowledge of The Scriptures, you will have to use The Scriptures to do that. Can you do that? Can you show me where I am wrong? I didn't think so. But, hey, get in there and try to find it. You might learn something that could save your soul. My job is to get people into His Word. You didn't give any proof of your 'history course' wisdom. Did that historical event not take place? Was the Seleucid king not poisoned by Heliodorus? Does God's Word not teach that antichrist will come from the Seleucid kingdom in the end times (that would simply mean that his children will have great power, not that I believe O is antichrist), which He did tell us? Where is the support for your accusations if you are so knowledgable?

You are another mocker, G-man. I didn't expect you to even try to understand the real Truth.

I believe God and what He says. What people like you say has no bearing on that. Proclaimed mainstream scholars don't even effect my understanding of His Word. How could someone like you even think that you could?

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. -Mark 13:23

Amazing. Simply amazing. Talk about being evasive!

I could challenge your comprehension of English grammar skills as opposed to a typo or two (not every "correction" you assert is correct BTW) on a mere chatboard post in the middle of the night but then that's clearly not the point. However this probably helps explain your lack of comprehension of the subject matter at hand.

As I stated before, I have crossed paths with those who really don't care to examine what the Scriptures actually say in context and nitpick away towards a misguided conclusion. FBC has been bad about that at times. As I used to say (which was later picked up by Jesse Jackson of all people) a text out of context is a pretext. ;)

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:48 pm 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:49 pm 

Screech wrote:
I have meditated all day about what I want to say to you, and I will have to admit that the post puzzled me first thing in the morning. You are a very confusing person. Initially, I mistook it for the thoughts of another poster on this board, and that alone should embarrass you. It would have made more sense to simply type the entire thing all over again!

Evasive
-avoiding an issue: not giving a direct answer to a direct question, usually in order to conceal the truth.
-avoiding trouble: intended to avoid something unpleasant, e.g. trouble or an attack

Evasive? No. I am not avoiding any issue. I am the one who started this thread, and I have given direct answers in my own words, not someone else’s. I have posted truth, like Scriptures. I am not avoiding trouble, or I would have not posted this at all.

Nitpicking
-petty criticism: trivial, detailed, and often unjustified faultfinding.

Nitpicking? No. One thing I am not is petty. I am detailed, and that is why I was pointing out your lack of attention to detail in your ‘logical’ post. None of us are perfect, but at least I do my best when I am ‘sharing information’, but you only see this as a ‘mere chatboard‘. I can certainly see that in your posts.

To be fair to others, I have removed my opinion from the original post. I don’t wish to confuse anyone. Historically, Daniel 11:20 was written about Seleucus and Heliodorus. That fact comes from a scholar, Bullinger, and I don’t believe you would stand up in a debate with him were he still alive. Now, if you don’t agree with my interpretation of the verses from Matthew, please, feel free to show me where I have taken ‘text out of context’.

If you don’t like this subject or have anything other than your nitpicking and evasive comments, please, refrain from posting. I am beginning to dislike you a lot. Start your own thread to find answers, like the antichrist work of art you put in Open Forum. I believe your lackluster views of God’s Word finds you very much out of place in the Religion section of the ‘information sharing’ public forum. I find comfort and reasoning in God’s Word. You find confusion. IMO, you get more out of the Twilight Zone than you do from Truth.

Guess I'll have to quote every response to you from now on to avoid confusion due to editing out.

No, I am not any other poster. I have only one username per board and use the same username on every local board. But now that you mention it some of your responses remind me of another poster or two.

What I find curious about your heated response is that all I asked you to do was consider reading the passages in context and weigh them against known ancient history. Doesn't seem too much to ask. Your response to that has effectively been you're right and everybody else is wrong because you just know. That should send up a red flag right there. Now there are a number of issues I myself do just know about but citing foundation proof will not be enough to provide a smoking gun. Still I do know what I know on those issues.

But here regarding these passages there is all kinds of proof if you would not blindly reject common sense.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:53 pm 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm 

If you do know about these issues, cough up some proof.

LOL That's like being a sole witness to a fatal one car accident and asking me to prove I was there. The forensic evidence can indicate whether my account is inaccurate but probably cannot conclusively prove I was actually there. Can only tell you what I know. But that reference was not with respect to anything in this thread.

I would prefer to avoid confrontation with you. I will do my best to achieve that. Please, do your part. This board is roomy.

Clearly a closed mind.

I'm sorry but that just makes no sense. Read the passage in context.

You approached me with 'I'm sorry'. You certainly are if you think that you can intimidate me with your slurs about what I know without giving your own opinion, at least on this subject.

That's called being polite. I did render my opinion later. I'm undecided but heavily lean towards what was espoused in the link I skimmed and provided. But I don't have to think I know of a certainty I have a correct interpretation in hand to feel that another opinion being offered has logical flaws.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:30 pm 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:36 pm 

Screech wrote:
Mirage wrote:
If you do know about these issues, cough up some proof.

LOL That's like being a sole witness to a fatal one car accident and asking me to prove I was there. The forensic evidence can indicate whether my account is inaccurate but probably cannot conclusively prove I was actually there. Can only tell you what I know. But that reference was not with respect to anything in this thread.

I would prefer to avoid confrontation with you. I will do my best to achieve that. Please, do your part. This board is roomy.

Clearly a closed mind.

I'm sorry but that just makes no sense. Read the passage in context.

You are obviously very uneducated, especially if you say you have had 'history courses'. What did you learn there? Did you pay a lot of money to come out of there stupid?

My mind is open to intelligent conclusions drawn by intelligent people. You and your 'historical' teachers don't impress me in the slightest. I have read their 'context', and it is wrong according to my very expensive education.

Was it a little college out in Schererville? I rather doubt you graduated from Asbury or the like.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:15 am 

Screech wrote:
Chairman Mao wrote:
Must be one of those "enlightening conversations" you posted about.

Why, yes actually! Every chance I get to slam one of you liberal vibrators isn't just enlightening, it is orgasmic!!!!!

:smt050 :smt050 :smt050

So... do you liberally vibrate and orgasm while studying Daniel 11:20? Or do you save that for the parking lot outside the church?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:21 am 

I'm sure the entire congregation does...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:23 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 am 

Screech wrote:
Chairman Mao wrote:
I'm sure the entire congregation does...

You betcha!

And here you proclaim to be the authority on Biblical passages...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 am 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next