Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: False preachers....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:34 am 

:(

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: False preachers....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:11 am 

In the Bible, God say that He wishes that people were either cold or hot, but the lukewarm He will spew out.

For the sake of political correctness, many have sold their souls. The test of the depth and sincerity of one's Faith, is one that many are failing. In the Bible, God also said, to care not for what the world thinks of you, and Blessed are those who are persecuted for My sake.

There is no middle road in true Christianity. It is all or nothing at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:15 am 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 am 

It's a great illustration of America's most prominent churche leader equivocating and backtracking and saying almost nothing coherhent so that he will offend no one.

Let me lay it on the line: This is not the way Yeshua talked or behaved. It is not the example of the one whom Rick Warren claims to emulate and worship. There is nothing prophetic or biblical or courageous or principled about this kind of Christian witness.

OK now exactly what is this all about anyway? :roll:

Would you say the same of James Robinson perhaps? Not every preacher or pastor needs to be dogmatic in nationally attacking social issues. Billy Graham also comes to mind.

Now mind you I don't know squat about Rick Warren or his ministry. Really all I've actually seen is him trying to be a peacemaker. And while I personally believe it's a waste of time trying to bridge the gap between this administration and the Christian community thank God someone is at least trying. What of Tony Dungy who got the royal snub from the Obama administration with respect to the faith council but still refused to say a disparaging word about it? Maybe he outta get blasted for not being a strong voice of dissension? ;)

Now that said I was recently reminded of Hitler's so-called Jewish Council and how it was a government appointed organization that was anything but helpful to the Jews. But at this stage while I don't support Obama's faith council and personally would want nothing whatsoever to do with it we are not just yet at a point where a legitimate Christian couldn't be a member and try to influence that group towards a somewhat positive direction.

So I really don't know what this rant is all about. With all the very real problems today within the Christian community I don't think it really serves any positive purpose to blast someone who is apparently just trying to to be a voice of reason.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 pm 

I don't know what you base these wacky claims on. I regularly watch just 2 Christian TV programs; Hal Lindsey and Prophesy in the News. That's it! That's hardly burying myself in "false doctrines."

My blasting stands!

Your "blasting" has no charge. :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:48 pm 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:46 pm 

Yeah, they teach is false doctirne, IMO.

I see. Like what for instance?

And have you ever actually watched Prophesy in the News? I'm thinking no. :smt003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:06 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:04 pm 

Screech wrote:
Mirage, you are a waste of my time. You aren't even funny anymore, IMO. :mrgreen:

Yet again you refuse to answer on the very issues you raised yourself. You're sounding more like Expresso with every post, though I am beginning to suspect you may actually be someone with too much "free time" on her hands. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:56 am 

Screech wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Screech wrote:
Mirage, you are a waste of my time. You aren't even funny anymore, IMO. :mrgreen:

Yet again you refuse to answer on the very issues you raised yourself. You're sounding more like Expresso with every post, though I am beginning to suspect you may actually be someone with too much "free time" on her hands. ;)

I doubt anyone with credibility on this site could agree with you. :mrgreen:

Again, what I am refusing to do is be lowered to the level of a two-bit troll.

Seems to me your "credibility club" has a membership of 1. :smt003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:35 pm 

You lap dance around the question and you expect anybody to pay attention to your words? :lol: