Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help Take a Stand... for Kids!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:14 pm 

1st Annual La Porte County
Stand Up for Kids – Stand Off

Hello, my name is Mike Strauss and on December 31, 2006 I will take a stand for Street Kids. Please take a stand with me!

33% of Male and 67% of Female kids based on a national average will become homeless by the age of 18. Many of these kids are only 16 years old. Work is being done around the country and will soon be done locally to help street kids and educate others so they do not become street kids also.

“Saying that kids live on the streets is a blatant lie!” “Kids do not live on the streets.” “Kids are dying on the streets!”

Many Street Kids come from homes with bad family dynamics. It may be because of abuse, neglect, or even alcoholism but none the less it is because of an unstable environment that will lead these kids to make the only choice they think they have.

StandUp for Kids demands that it is not good enough to say you care but to show it also. Many kids grew up in and out of government systems and bad home environments that said they cared. In reality many were beaten, sexually abused, neglected, and tossed from home to home.
This is the time to show that you care.

Please pledge even just $1/hour that I stand. I plan to stand for 50 hours straight, starting at 9:00am Sunday December 31, 2006 and going until 11:00am January 2, 2007.

If you can not donate but would like to come and stand with me you may do that also. The Stand Off will be on the corner of Hwy 2 and 35 in La Porte in front of the billboard.

Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this information to anyone who you think might want to pledge also!

To make a donation call: 219.369.4121 or Visit Online: http://www.standupforkids.tk

To find out more about our charity goto: http://www.standupforkids.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:37 pm 
Banned

You can stand forever, and I wouldn't give you a penny! Are you legit? Lincense? Authorize by the city? Just like you wanted to pass hateful city laws against the Mexicans, why don't you have your city council pass laws making it a crime for these brats to be sleeping on the sidewalks of La Porte? Throw them in juvenile detention, that's what those lazy, little critters need! Your police department should have a four man team to pick this trash up for the night and place them in jail, till their lazy parents come to pick them up. That'll solve the problem. By the way, are you going to be wearing a Bozo suit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:27 pm 

X this is a serious matter. I do not need a permit nor license. Please do not put your stupid comments where they do not belong.

Do you know what it is like to walk down the streets of Chicago at 2am and see a boy that is 17 years old searching thru the garbage for food. You call to him and he gets leery. Then when you offer him a loaf of bread and a cup of soup he hesitantly takes it and while crying says thank you.

That boy had one child and because he was thrown out of his parents house because he got a girl pregnant he was living on the streets with them while he went to school during the day to get his diploma.

His girlfriend and child manly live in a shelter but he cannot get into one.

Stand Up for Kids helps kids get off the streets and into a normal life again.

Post subject: OK.................
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:43 pm 
Banned

WOW! You seem like a compassionate person; PROVE IT! Go to the border and go help your fellow man~go, feed them; give them water, for it's hot down there by the border; have compassion on them, instead of the spoiled brats who are punking the Chicago streets at 2am in the morning! Walking the dangerous streets at THAT time, they're up to no good. Throw them in jail, and then their lazy parents for letting them walk the streets at that time in the FIRST place! I can see the immigrants having a hard time at the border, but not these, drug taking punks and their holes!