Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ABOUT THE WHISTLE BLOWER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:40 pm 

Have you heard the whistle? It has been blowing for many years now. I looked up whistle in the thesaurus, and the word ‘screech’ was listed as a synonym. I thought it an appropriate name to use on this discussion site, as I am a supporter of THE WHISTLE BLOWER, Mr. Dennis Metheny. I have watched for some time, as certain people have publicly attacked this man for telling the public the truth. The attack has picked up momentum, so I would say it is because he is finally getting closer to completing his objective. It must be hard to understand what he has been trying to do for many years if you haven’t been listening to the whistle, so I would like to tell others what I know about Dennis.

I have not known him personally for very long, but in the time I have known him he has become a man I know whom I can trust more than most. He quickly won my admiration and respect. I needed some help, and a few people told me to contact him, so I did. He met with me that very night. He patiently listened to my plight. He responded with reasoning and compassion. Our first meeting lasted from 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM. He is a very busy man, but he took the time to listen and help-not just that day and with no underhanded tactics. He is my friend now. He has a lovely wife and lives an honest life in the real world with his own real problems, but he passionately pursues his life’s objective.

He has explained his objective as a public official to me, and it is a simple, honorable objective. He believes in truth, and wants to rid LaPorte County of those who have abused entrusted power for their own gain with no concern of the reprecussions because they have practiced it for years. In those years, they have all but destroyed the hometown appeal of LaPorte and Michigan City. I believe that is why our crime rate has increased tremendously. I miss our county, the way it was when mostly honest caring people operated it. In fact, the following is a comment I offered in the Herald-Argus over two years ago:

'I love people. Seriously, I am always polite and respectful in public and smiling most of the time. I’ve tried to remain that way despite the growing problems in our world but especially in my direct surroundings. I think free speech is a good thing. It brings out the true mentality of the majority. That is the driving force behind how this community functions. What I’ve seen in reading Speak Out is that animal poop is top shelf while the poop of the leaders in our community is bottom shelf. Where you should be able to lay your blanket during city functions is top shelf while the blanket of rude servants in our county buildings is bottom shelf. Commenting on a movie that obviously undermines the very foundation of our country is top shelf. The fact that our front court house window displays a banner which reads “God Bless America” but our courts, which are full of hypocrisy like every other court in America, is bottom shelf. Disputing what our leaders are senselessly spending government funds on is top shelf. Making sure, by the power of majority, that those funds are spent on what they should be is bottom shelf. Our young people aren’t getting the discipline they need because there is a serious lack of it in our system, which is all of us. I miss LaPorte the way it was 30 years ago. It was a clean, peaceful, homey town. Sure wish we could figure out what went wrong where and fix it.'

Strangely enough, it was shortly after adding this opinion to the public forum that I met Dennis. He knows from years of experience what is wrong. He cares enough to put his life on the line to help try and fix it. I support him wholeheartedly, but I am just one person. I know there are many more out there who feel like I do. I believe it is time for us, like-minded citizens, to finally unite and stand behind this one man who has made it his life’s work to help make our county a good place to call home again. Thank you, my friend.

Post subject: Re: ABOUT THE WHISTLE BLOWER
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm 

Woohoo!!

Glad I am out of LaPorte!

You all deserve what you get over there!

Last edited by Screech on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am 

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:54 pm 

PROGRESSIVE = LIBERAL