Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Where the He%% is Fowler When You Need Him?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:00 pm 

Que up Werewolfs in London we have a strange news update.

Copeland wins against the Pabey/ Median political machine. And as a bonus the whole damned fire department wants Manuel Montalvo to step down from his post as public safety commissioner or the next mayor to remove him. With Copeland becoming mayor it looks like that's going to happen. ;)

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... ade88.html

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake ... 1a257.html

:wav:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Where the He%% is Fowler When You Need Him?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:14 pm 

Fowler didn't have a ill fitting T Shirt to wear. He's a real classy dresser. The only time I say him performing on radio, he had one on with paint smears.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 am 

He has one now. It's says Team McDermott. :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:07 am 

I hope Copeland does great things in EC. that city needs someone honest(which Copeland appears to be right now) in office and I hope he avoids what happened to his predecessors.

Things are looking up for EC right now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:46 pm 

Well I am hopeful and optimistic. Of course we all said the same of Pabey too. :D

Still, he has a lot in his favor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:11 pm 

well the fact that the ones who McDermott wanted lost, all is good :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
I hope Copeland does great things in EC. that city needs someone honest(which Copeland appears to be right now) in office and I hope he avoids what happened to his predecessors.

Copeland was originally a huge critic of Pastrick. He did fall in with the Pastrick crowd and eventually became a supporter. He rose to the position of Assistant Chief of the Fire Department under Pastrick before being removed by Pabey.

So I would not expect much to change in East Chicago. We will be left with the same names running the same the same things while stealing the same amounts.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 am 

mattlap wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Copeland was originally a huge critic of Pastrick. He did fall in with the Pastrick crowd and eventually became a supporter. He rose to the position of Assistant Chief of the Fire Department under Pastrick before being removed by Pabey.

So I would not expect much to change in East Chicago. We will be left with the same names running the same the same things while stealing the same amounts.

The thing is, I am willing to give him a chance. I doubt he will get much done in the remaining time, so it will be interesting to see what he does though.

You may be right, and if he goes rogue like his predecessors, at least McDermitt has another shot at his guys :P