Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Aladdin Pita - Merrillville
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 pm 

Visited Aladdin Pita in its combo grocery/cafe setting the other day at
3750 W 80th Ln, Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-736-5204

What a wonderful place. For two people there is no need to order appetizers since they bring a little sample of hummus, babbaganush, and other items with warm pita bread for free! We however had to order the Spinach pie (meat pie too). These are huge and could be a meal all alone.

I had the falafel/eggplant sandwich and my partner had the Chicken Schwarma. Both were wonderful. The sandwiches were large and more than enough to fill us both up for lunch. There is a smoking and non-smoking section. In the smoking section they offer Hookahs and flavored tobacco as after or during dinner treats. I tried the sweet Turkish coffee which was wonderful, but if you have never had it - unfiltered.

They also sell everything from bulk teas to hookahs and Turkish delight and other desserts. I lived in Chicago for years and went to Middle Eastern restaurants all the time, and this is comparable if not better.

They do not serve alcohol, and I do not know if they permit BYOB. If you want to bring booze I would call to see if they will let you.

Overall I rate this one a giant smile! :D

Post subject: Re: Aladdin Pita - even better than the places in Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:37 pm 

ChicagoValpo wrote:
Visited Aladdin Pita in its combo grocery/cafe setting the other day at
3750 W 80th Ln, Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-736-5204

What a wonderful place. For two people there is no need to order appetizers since they bring a little sample of hummus, babbaganush, and other items with warm pita bread for free! We however had to order the Spinach pie (meat pie too). These are huge and could be a meal all alone.

I had the falafel/eggplant sandwich and my partner had the Chicken Schwarma. Both were wonderful. The sandwiches were large and more than enough to fill us both up for lunch. There is a smoking and non-smoking section. In the smoking section they offer Hookahs and flavored tobacco as after or during dinner treats. I tried the sweet Turkish coffee which was wonderful, but if you have never had it - unfiltered.

They also sell everything from bulk teas to hookahs and Turkish delight and other desserts. I lived in Chicago for years and went to Middle Eastern restaurants all the time, and this is comparable if not better.

They do not serve alcohol, and I do not know if they permit BYOB. If you want to bring booze I would call to see if they will let you.

Overall I rate this one a giant smile! :D

haha teens refer to the pita as the "hookah bar"
it's kind of a new fad, it's like non addictive cigarettes with the effect of mild chewing tobacco...i cant really describe it