Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Where's the good Pizza?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:30 pm 

As a chicago south suburb native, i KNOW good pizza.. Aurelio's (Homewood), Sanfratello's (Glenwood), Popolano's (Lansing), and Arenello's (Glenwood & Highland) are some of the best pizza places in the region.. But where are the good places in NWI? I moved to CP a couple years ago and its hard to find good pizza.. While Arenello's is worth the drive to Highland for some of the world's best deep dish, isn't there anything worth while in CP/Winfield?

This may come as a shock, but the best pizza I've found around me is at the local grocery store, Amelia's County Market in Winfield. They make it to order, fresh in their deli dept.. I would definately recommend them..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:14 pm 

Rosatis Pizza is my favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:44 pm 

Bronko's Pizza....the cheesiest. :D

Post subject: Re: Where's the good Pizza?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:11 pm 

nullvalue wrote:
As a chicago south suburb native, i KNOW good pizza.. Aurelio's (Homewood), Sanfratello's (Glenwood), Popolano's (Lansing), and Arenello's (Glenwood & Highland) are some of the best pizza places in the region.. But where are the good places in NWI? I moved to CP a couple years ago and its hard to find good pizza.. While Arenello's is worth the drive to Highland for some of the world's best deep dish, isn't there anything worth while in CP/Winfield?

This may come as a shock, but the best pizza I've found around me is at the local grocery store, Amelia's County Market in Winfield. They make it to order, fresh in their deli dept.. I would definately recommend them..

Amelia's is good. Try John's (from Cal City) on the square, and Costco has a suprisingly good and huge pizza for something like 8 or 9 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:24 pm 

The Scoreboard in Griffith has great pizza and a drive to Munster to Giovanni's is definitely worth the trip! Crown Point has Rosatis and Winfield doesn't have anything in the way of Pizza places. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:49 pm 

John's Pizza in Crown Point is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 pm 

I think that Bronko in CP has the best pizza with that little puddle of grease pooling in the middle that you can dip the crust into...yummy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:45 pm 

nullvalue wrote:

I'm a Chicago native also. New to the area.

Without a doubt the two best are Aurelio's and Sanfratello's. Aranello's isn't bad either, but a bit on the sweet side. Giovannis is underrated. Zuni's sent me a decent pie a while back also.

If you're looking in the south suburbs though, hard to beat Vito and Nick's and Palermo's. South of Madison Avenue you also have Home Run Inn, my favorite, and Falco's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:18 pm 

Can anyone give me the heads up on State Line Pizza? Worth trying? I've heard good things about it.

Also, does John's always use crumbled sausage, or can you get it sausage "ball" style, for lack of a better term, the way most of other places serve it? I like John's pie, but the sausage is a bit of a turn off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:22 pm 

Joey Doves wrote:
Can anyone give me the heads up on State Line Pizza? Worth trying? I've heard good things about it.

Also, does John's always use crumbled sausage, or can you get it sausage "ball" style, for lack of a better term, the way most of other places serve it? I like John's pie, but the sausage is a bit of a turn off.

State Line is worth trying. I think it's pretty good. I don't think you can get ball type sausage from John's. It's pretty much an acquired taste for the ground sausage. I've had it a few times, but I don't particularly care for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:54 pm 

^^^^^^^

Thanx. I think I'll give it a try.

btw, I don't care for John's sausage either, but the rest of the pie is very good. Good crust, consistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:23 pm 

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I love the pizza at Aurelio's. There's one in Munster, Hammond, and all over da region. I usually only eat in the restaurant there because IMO the pizza tastes so much better there than if you get carryout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 pm 

NWIHoosier wrote:
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I love the pizza at Aurelio's. There's one in Munster, Hammond, and all over da region. I usually only eat in the restaurant there because IMO the pizza tastes so much better there than if you get carryout.

Joey Doves wrote:
I'm a Chicago native also. New to the area.

Without a doubt the two best are Aurelio's and Sanfratello's. Aranello's isn't bad either, but a bit on the sweet side. Giovannis is underrated. Zuni's sent me a decent pie a while back also.

If you're looking in the south suburbs though, hard to beat Vito and Nick's and Palermo's. South of Madison Avenue you also have Home Run Inn, my favorite, and Falco's.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:14 pm 

Mama D's in St John & Gelsosmos in Crown Point both have the BEST pizza I have EVER had.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 am 

Without a doubt the two best are Aurelio's and Sanfratello's. Aranello's isn't bad either, but a bit on the sweet side.

I gave up on Aurelio's in Hammond a long time ago now. Too much of a dive for me. But isn't their sauce a bit on the sweet side as well?

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.