Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mayor's race
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 am 

Who is this David Aguilera? and what type of experience does he have? I saw a flyer of his and he says equality for all citizens (stressing the "all") is he using some kind of racial undertones? also he wants to build some kind of "fun park", where??? like we need a fun park? didn't we finally do away with the carnival and all the gangbangers that attended!!!

I would like to see a debate between this person and the current mayor!!!!

Post subject: Re: Mayor's race
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 pm 

I received a flyer today stating "Whiting Mayoral Candidate Forum" Monday April 18th 6:30 pm at the Whiting High School Auditorium, Calumet College is hosting it. On this flyer it states - "Candidates for mayor have all been invited to participate and Mayor Joseph Stahura has confirmed he will attend." So I wonder, does this mean that the other candidate will be a no show? hope not, won't be entertaining then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 am 

Stahura was there and Aguilera was not

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm 

My husband said he saw a flyer that Aguillera claims he was not invited. :roll:
I don't know if I believe that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:01 pm 

The forum didn't actually begin on time, they waited for at least 15-20 minutes, giving Mr. Aguilera time to make an appearance. When it did begin, the host, started off by saying that Mr. Aguilera stated that he was not formally invited (?) but, in fact, he received the same letter that was sent to Mayor Joe (who responded to the letter), they tried reaching him by phone and even went so far as leaving a message on his facebook page which they received no reply to either one of the attempts. I'm not sure what he expected in the form of a formal invite, something on a golden plate delivered to him by ??????? Kinda makes you wonder what his motives are and what does he mean that he's for "all" the citizens in Whiting when he doesn't even show up for a little "get together"! Oh and I never got one of those flyers, aren't I one of those "all the citizens"!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 am 

According to the article in The Times today, Aguilera didn't show up for an appointment with the Times editorial board either.
Maybe they forgot to say "pretty please" when inviting him. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:56 am 

Congrats to Mayor Stahura!!!

Mr. Aguilera shouldn't have made this a racial campaign. Honestly - a language barrier???? come on - the MAJORITY of Hispanics living in Whiting speak English, there may be a handful that don't. The last flyer of his that was sent out (5-2) was written in English only, I didn't see one word of Spanish on it. One of the comments on this flyer was "Signs don't vote", maybe he forgot to explain that one to certain individuals - you know - that "language barrier" issue!!!!